Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    For me the crappy multiplayer is just one of the many problems with BFBC2. Modern Combat 2 also has better controls, better graphics, better campaign, better AI, and surprisingly better voice acting.

2. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    MC2 has a horrible campaign. Awful. Just awful. Don't get me wrong. It's starts out well enough. But then the whole thing just falls apart.

As far as MP goes, Gameloft's warfare games just don't play the way that the are supposed to play. The ability for you to aim down the sight of a gun is essentially broken. It's complelely non-functional. Iron sights are too slow to respond to command and they don't track fast enough, so people tend not to use them at all. This is the case with BIA2, as well as Modern Combat 1 and 2. The end result is that most people tend to run and gun instead, spraying and praying. Just run around the map, get close enough to someone, and then shoot them without ever aiming down the sight.

Gameloft must repair the ability to effectively aim down your sights. If they somehow achieved that here, then this game will become instantaneously better than any of their previous efforts. If they fail to repair general sight useage, then this game will not play anything like how a Rainbow Six game was intended.

3. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i'm a fan of gameloft FPS games especially when i first played MC1 but i agree with altair77
    i finished both MC2 and BFBC2 and i can say BFBC2 could have been the clear winner if it has better MP,longer campaign and better controls......that game make me realize that (yes) Gameloft games lack something special that other veteran company-made games give to gamer,don't get me wrong,i enjoyed both but i enjoyed BFBC2 more even though the latter levels are short :p

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

IMO gameloft still has the best iOS FPS controlls though.

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I thought MC2 had a great campaign. My only problem was that the ending was dragged out for too long, but at least it was better than BFBC2 which has an awful ending (probably the most stupid ending I've ever seen in a game).

And I'm not quite sure why you're having a problem with the iron sights. I think they work very well. Most of my kills in the multiplayer have been made using the iron sights and I find switching to iron sights to be very responsive.

6. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Yeah iron sights work well for me also. Just aim and zoom and kill. I don't see a problem.

7. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Bad Company 2 has a terrible campaign in the console variant as well. I have it on PC and I literally had to force myself to play it. However, the vehicular 32-player multiplayer made up for that 5 times over.

Modern Combat 2's campaign is better, but nothing to brag about either.

On a scale of 1-10 iPod BBC2's Campaign gets a [2/10] and MC2 gets a [5/10]. I'll give NOVA 2 a [6.5/10]. PC BBC2 [6/10] for breathtaking graphics (which is why I didn't put "/console" there) MW2 [10/10]

For multiplayer I'll give BC2 [6/10], MC2 [8.5/10] and NOVA 2 [8/10].

I would give NOVA 2 a 9.5 but there are frame rate issues when there are more than 5 players on the screen. Bad Company 2 WOULD get a [2/10] for multiplayer but the frame rate is very smooth, almost 60 FPS locked, so I give it +4.

PC BC2 multiplayer is like a [100/10] though. PC/Console MW2 multiplayer [50/10]. PC Console Black Ops multiplayer [9/10].

This is where every competitor falls apart. I haven't seen an FPS game yet that can match Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare series in campaign. There is just zero competition when it comes to storyline, depth, action, etc. I just love how you play different characters in parallel stories and then it converges into one. EA has easily beat out CoD multiplayer with BattleField, but no one seems to get the campaign just right.

Not Black Ops either. It has a decent campaign, but it has some annoying bugs and it is too linear for my liking.

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

One thing I like about the Modern Warfare games is the loading screen vids that tell the story! I hope Gameloft has something like those in their future FPS games. :p

9. touchgamer32

touchgamer32 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Germany
    BTT boys and girls (are there any here? :D )

I want to buy MC2 too. But is it nessessary if I already own BFBC2? Coz of the similarity?

10. kileriukaslektuviukas

kileriukaslektuviukas Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Lithuania
    I think they need easier controls I mean its not that hard to make easy controls...

11. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    BFBC2 imo stinks, the controls are bad, the graphics are not so hot. so yeah i would say buy MC2. it is a fun game in single player, and an awesome multiplayer game. sure the single player story is sub par, but hey i enjoyed it. the multiplayer is where the game shines, the controls are spot on. in the first 1 minute, you will see the difference control wise between this and BFBC2.

12. XxlCraiglxX

XxlCraiglxX Active Member

Jan 19, 2011
    OMFG Gameloft, stop making games! You're making me go broke! Can't wait for this tho, I loved the Rainbow Six series. Played every one.

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #73 LBG, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    Looking forward to seeing some gameplay. Hopefully they'll release a trailer soon.

14. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    ok i wanna know whats going on with this game if starfront is delayed...

15. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    there has been nothing about this for like forever

16. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    i feel like they're gonna ruin this like how they ruined splinter cell. I might not get this every gameloft game feel too similar to one another like everygame uses the "gameloft color scheme" and the engine is reused in every game

17. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    It's probably not going to be splinter cell quality because it's already been a good half year since that so they should have improved. And they do put in extra quality into their ubisoft ports I would say, or at least they try to. But yes, I'm also hoping they're using some type of new engine or something, I want to see nova 2/mc 2/shadow guardian nice graphics!!

18. kileriukaslektuviukas

kileriukaslektuviukas Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Lithuania
    Well if we get shadow guardian graphics then this game wll be BEAAAAAST. I loved the visual effects/world/detail of that game and if this game gets those graphics I WILL SURELY BUY IT!

19. lucianocardoso

lucianocardoso Active Member

May 13, 2010
    Brazil
    after Starfront Collision and Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden are free + iap not doubt anything that this game is the same thing free + iap, Gameloft is doing this to combat piracy?! but not very good because yesterday is already out the crack to get the free dlc Starfront Collision with, if the 2 games mentioned were paid I think gameloft would make more money (sorry my english)

20. Gamerl01

Gamerl01 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Cleaning restrooms at the local strip club
    Houston, Texas
    Nice

Smart, my friend has a jailbroken ipod so he gets free games. he laugs at me because i buyed them. Take that piracy:)