Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Someone needs to make Close Range with the Unreal 3 Engine! :D

So in the series, can you like tell your team mates where to go or something?

2. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Yes, I believe so.

3. Trautman

Trautman Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Fukuoka, Japan
    Or, the game engine of Shadow Guardian

4. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Well that is gamelofts own engine, right? Or does it use the Unity engine?

5. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Their own. Why would they use the Unity engine? Usually when you startup a unity game/app, "Unity" is plastered at the front as the first thing you see.

6. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Right, my bad.

7. Der-Kleine

Depends on how much you pay to use the engine I think. If you pay less you have to have the unity logo on launch, if you pay more you don't (for example crescent moon games don't have the logo, but do use unity.)

8. kileriukaslektuviukas

kileriukaslektuviukas Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Lithuania
    If gameloft adds realistic movement (animations), sounds, realistic guns, realistic kills (not spraying 20 bullets in head to kill enemy) then it will be awesome!!!

9. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Because it's superior to theirs, maybe?

10. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I'd like to see "Shadow Watch". A great TC game that would work well for mobile spurts.

11. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #51 dumaz1000, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
    That's gonna cost you $5. Would you pay $11.99 for this game instead of $6.99 if Gameloft hired professional voice actors? I'm not saying you wouldn't. Hey, perhaps you would. I feel pretty confident in saying that most people wouldn't though. A few would, but far more wouldn't.

As far as engines, Gameloft currently develops their own. But I wouldn't 100% dismiss the notion of Gameloft using the Unreal Engine at some point, believe or not. The thing is, they aren't going to fork 15% of their profits, or whatever, over to Epic in back-end royalty fees. If Gameloft can successful negociate a licensing deal with Epic to pay less, then it could happen. Maybe they pay 5% per game, or maybe they'll obtain the license with a single lump sum payment to Epic. Something like that. They're not going to let Epic treat them like some Indie company. We'll see what happens down the road. For now, Gameloft develops all of their gaming engines internally.

12. Der-Kleine

having slightly better voice acting doesen't double the price of a game.

And it isn't like all gameloft games have bad voice acting... For some reason it's mostly their RPGs, lol.

13. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    gameloft i hope to see a gameloft video soon without a voting gauge this time please,
    thank you
    :]:)

14. scott99

scott99 Active Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I'm so psyched for this game. Been playing Rainbow 6 since 1999. Though they've changed it quite a bit since then. Back then, it was one shot and you were dead, so the game was a little more nerve wracking, which made it more exciting, couldn't just run and gone, had to use strategy, and be careful. If you died, you could always switch to another team member. Great memories of the series, I have every version from the first game (have it for the Sega Dreamcast) to RB 6 Vegas 2. Even have the Rainbow Six Vegas game for my Psp, and have read the book several times. Beyond Psyched, hopefully it's better than the PSP Rainbow 6, which sucked.

15. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    if you look at the game credits, gameloft uses alot of the same voice actors in all their games. the same four people are in each and every one of these game nova, nova 2, shadow guardian, eternal legacy and that skate board game.

16. DaTa

DaTa Active Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Shadow Guardian had pretty decent VA(the downside was that your character was mostly mute throughout the game except for cutscenes)

Right now i want GL's games to have an option to disable voice acting, like in EL(where it was most needed)

17. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Who here thinks gameloft might do well on this game? I will buy it anyway even if it sucks lol

18. Der-Kleine

Gameloft makes great FPS games. So yes, it will do well!

19. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    If BC2 had 16 players multiplayer and a ranking system it whould have been superior to MC2.I dont know but MC2 feels more fluid (not smooth)like many walls feel like they dont excist or the weapons feel fake and the maps are crap while in bc2 it feels more stable the weapons and almost everything feel great and nice but bc2 lacks on contenct(few weapons and small multiplayer)

20. TigerXtreme69

TigerXtreme69 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    "What's the deal with 33 hahuh?"