Universal Toby: The Secret Mine (by Headup Games GmbH & Co KG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 15, 2016.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #41 metalcasket, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    In case this thread is being watched: Any chance we could have the app title under the icon changed to just "Toby"?

It's really interesting that the farther you get in the game (alongside playing LIMBO), the more you realize how vastly different both games are. This easily stands on its own.

Some fantastic level design between 14-19.

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks for the confirm, metalcasket. Good to know you have a direct line to the developer.

I have deleted the game for now, since I am unable to get past this bugged level to retrieve the missing minion. I suppose I could just ignore this level and backtrack later once the update is now. But I am early enough on the game that I think it is better to wait for retry the game later. Like you, I am impressed with this game enough to wait and not abandon it prematurely.

Since you are so far along in the game, can you share your findings about the minions distribution in the game (see my post #34)? This was what I led me wanting to backtrack on the game in the first place.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That's fair enough.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #44 metalcasket, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    The developer has responded and will be looking into the issue mentioned above. :)

Finished the game last night (didn't get all minions, sorry y2kmp3 for not replying earlier) and it really was the perfect "get into bed and play this in one sitting" experience. Again, definitely not a flawless game, but it does way more right than wrong...and you won't know that unless you play at least half of the game.

5. Hi,
    Thanks a lot for playing Toby. I really appreciate that at least a few people enjoy the game. :)

Btw thank you guys for reporting that "puzzle" bug. I haven't known that. I'm gonna fix that asap.

6. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Enjoyed this game a lot. Great platformer, some nice puzzles, tests your reactions and good difficulty - Yes, some trial & error and some pretty hard passages but never too tough if you know what you're doing (especially the last level was quite a ride, yelled at the screen more than once :) ) - Best iOS platformer since LIMBO. Playthrough took me about 5 - 6 hours.

Haven't tried to 100% the game yet (have about 70% of the minions after the first playthrough), guess better to wait until this bug is fixed. Anyway, easily one of the best games I've played on iOS this year. Appunwrapper is great at Adventures and it's funny how she has so much patience for some brainteasers but is giving up so fast here because she can't make a jump for a few times.

Also didn't have the slightest problems with jumping or controls overall and the passage where Appunwrapper got stuck and gave up is easily beatable when you try a few times. If you like platformers, jump'n'runs (or even only LIMBO for that matter) I wouldn't pass on this game only according to her opinion. She even says herself those games aren't her forte so better to make up your own mind.

7. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Is this 64 bit?

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yep!