To all the people claiming that piracy is not lost sales :

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by c0re, Jan 14, 2010.

1. I'm not saying companies shouldn't try to prevent it -- why make a pirate's work easier? I'm just saying you shouldn't dwell on it to the exclusion of all else, nor should you try to build in elaborate protection schemes that inconvenience paying customers. If anything you shouldn't be the least bit surprised when your app gets pirated. You should expect it, and expect it in great quantities, regardless of how well you think you've built-in anti-pirating mechanisms. Because they will get cracked every single time. There isn't a single protected app on the planet that hasn't been cracked. Hoping yours will be the first is hopelessly idealistic, and if you're going to be a developer, idealism is only going to bring you disappointment.

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    "you don't download apps when you buy it"

haha.

3. han0007

han0007 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
    Why would i stress out about it mate? I am a casual iphone gamer have been aqquiring my CPL. Iphone games arent the biggest topic in my life... Whats wrong about having a laugh ?