Universal Titan Quest: Legendary Edition (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    I got to take some time to write this, this game is almost night/day in comparison with the dotemu version, which I owned. Back then, I had never played TQ before, and was pretty excited to try it out, but the lack of features in the game prevented me from enjoying the experience as I envisioned it. As such, I never got past the beginning of act 3. I didn’t find the port bad or anything, I simply wasn’t compelled to play it.

But now I’m hooked and I can’t stop playing, I was immediately impressed by the graphics, they’re so good, much better than what I remembered. The stash is such an important tool, allows sharing and storing of gear and all those charms, it just profoundly changes the game dynamic, and makes creating new chars immensely easier and more enjoyable.

Which is funny, because I’ve only actually been playing one char, while before I had multiple. I’m just enjoying my Seer too much, I guess, as I’ve finally been able to immerse myself in the story and feel like an epic hero who travels around the world decimating hordes of land-threatening monsters, exploring ancient tombs and uncovering forgotten secrets. I still haven’t finished the fourth chapter, I’ve only recently reached the river where the dead cross, and I’m having a blast.

Anyway, this game is fantastic, and the port exceeded all expectations, what a fantastic job from HandyGames! I can safely say this version is such an improvement over the DotEmu one that I don’t even consider it the same game anymore. Controller support will just be the icing on the cake, and it will be very welcome, especially if it means we can clear up that HUD a bit.

So... grim dawn next? ;)

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Being a hoarder by nature the one thing I’m missing is having a 3rd party utility such as TQVault available on the mobile version.

I have managed to max out my main characters inventory space but it’s not enough.
    I currently have around ten mules and already they are getting full of rare and epic gear for other characters I want to experiment with.
    But having mules is a clumsy way of storing stuff. So much easier to have all your stash in one location.

Would be incredible if HandyGames could program into the game an infinite shared storage chest. ;)

pathogen541 likes this.
  3. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    bro, if we get Grim Dawn on mobile because of this, I will die a very VERY happy man.

4. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    it is technical not possible at iTunes to move over such games if they had specific features. so we had to upload it totally new. You can play the legendary edition which included all DLCs for free or use the "vanilla" version and buy the DLCs step by step. What ever you prefer!

5. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    yes its coming as mentioned... working really hard to get it out. Its a big game and a beast to handle but similar as you fight with your monsters in the game. We will get it done. And then maybe next thing is AppleTV ;)

K0N3 likes this.
  6. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    I hope it sells well also! Would proof that not all players out there prefer F2P and Pay2win games... but currently I am not worried to keep the game updated. We will supporting it as long players like you love what we do! Thanks for the support and as you can see with a premium game you can have so much fun for ages! Your comment really push us and share the love and passion we have to bring more premium games to mobile! <3

7. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    As long as you guys keep bringing premium titles to mobile (Grim Dawn for example :D ), I'll have no problems buying your game multiple times, on multiple accounts, whether it's on android or iOS, just for you to keep your passion.

HG VAMPIRE and metalcasket like this.
  8. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    @HG VAMPIRE Btw I noticed low frame rates during Tartarus Endless mode on my iPhone 12. Normally the game is super smooth except for that part. A bug I guess?

9. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #169 Lull4by, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    @HG VAMPIRE Really like the game so far, would like to purchased the LE version on Switch definitely, is there any plan for it?

BTW here are 2 advices for more precise aiming (long range battle especially),
    1. Aiming the target by thumb, just touch the target by player freely like we played the game on pc.
    2. Add a button for auto aiming, when player tap it, the system would auto aim the target in sight line (or the nearest enemy) without attacking, if player tap the button again, the system would choose another one near the first target, might help players who played the game with controller.

10. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    #170 pathogen541, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Okay, I need some input here. How are people with Melee classes beating Typhon? I have a lvl31 Harbinger, with mostly epic gear, and the gear that isn’t epic is upgraded with talismans/essences. I am getting absolutely annihilated. I get Typhon down about a quarter health, and then get flattened. Every. Time.

Im trying to kite him, but that doesn’t work because any damage my Nightmare does is immediately offset by the health leech attack he does, and instantly regenerates. Typhon hits so damn hard, that you can’t really stand and melee him. I had to start a new character because the elementalist I built was getting squashed by him even easier.... now it’s kinda playing out the same.

any tips from anyone that’s taken him down with a melee character?

edit: I DID IT. Level 31 harbinger. Used scrolls of frenzy, capitalized on his long-casting animation for his meteor shower to get in some good hits and make my weapon skill proc. I died and had to run back 4 times, but I think I could do it without dying if I had the patience to kite him around and avoid his heavy hitting attacks. I suggest for anyone playing a melee-only character, USE SCROLLS OF FRENZY. They are your BEST friend in this fight.

stubbieoz likes this.
  11. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I think you can try:
    1. Grind some levels.
    2. Notice how Typhon meteors worked and try to avoid it.
    3. Focus on 1 mastery most of the time.
    4. Find a nice long range weapon.

This vid would be helpful as well.

pathogen541 likes this.
  12. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I appreciate the response but other than the bow, I’ve done all this. I’ll grind some more, but my character is built Melee and is slower than all hell with a bow. Idk, thinking if loading up on scrolls and trying again.

13. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    The main problem of Typhon is life steal. I suggest you to fully upgrade passive ability where you can attack fast and use double throwing weapon. I went combat+nature so plague skill finish Typhon easily:)

pathogen541 likes this.
  14. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    thank you for the input but I FINALLY spanked Typhon like the NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY titan he was being. Now it’s back to starching fools and vaporizing dreams in the City of Rhodes. Also, upon killing the 3rd telkine, I got the most OUTRAGEOUS legendary drop that I cannot even use: The Sickle of Kronos, requires LVL80, and so much strength and intelligence that I imagine it will take me forever till I can use it, but WOW.

I know I’ve done nothing but sing this games praises, and that’s not gonna change. Easily my GOTY, haven’t been this sucked into a game in so long. And truth be told, even tho I’ve gotten my ass handed to me MULTIPLE times, I appreciate the difficulty of this game. It isn’t easy by ANY means. It makes you think about how you approach encounters with certain enemies and you can’t just always roll in, spells blazing, pets blasting.... you gotta lure some baddies away to thin out the herd then get in there and get dirty. Cannot recommend this title enough.

Okay, back to slaughtering frog men now.

15. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The one problem I’m having is the skill selection UI.

Having 3 lots of 4 buttons is problematic for me.
    The pc version has all your available skills on show along the bottom of the screen.
    Now I know that translating a long skill bar to a more user friendly touch screen is not going to happen and the devs have done a pretty good job with what we have.
    But quickly going from one set of 4 skills to another via a tap/tap/tap is hard in a action rpg like this.

The way it currently is I am finding I need to restrict my skill selection to the following;
    1. 4 instant skills
    2. 4 skills with short to long recharge
    3. 4 skills that remain permanently active.

I tried having more than 4 instant skills but I found that tapping to change the selection, then tapping the skill, then tapping twice to go back to the original skills was simply not feasible when you need them instantly, compared to the pc version with all skills just one click away or even better, hot keyed.
    And not having a right click skill is also a handicap.

I don’t mean to sound like negative nelly because I absolutely love this mobile version, but the UI has forced me to select skills that I can use,,,, rather than skills I actually want.
    I’m beginning to feel that my character is becoming gimped because of this.

Perhaps when gamepad support is added things will be better for me.

pathogen541 likes this.
  16. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I partially agree. I noticed having to flip through the 3 sets of 4 skills is a bit limiting. I have my active skills that I use often on the first tool bar, my passives and pets on the second and my scrolls on the third. I haven’t played a class that requires lots of casting/has a high skill load out, but I imagine playing a caster would be difficult in constantly having to flip between the skill bars. Also, I think it would be AWESOME if we had two big buttons we could assign an attack to... like a left/right click, only the second big button would be right next the main attack and would contain your primarily used skill... if that makes sense? Then you could fill all the other slots with your passives/actives/pets/scrolls etc. it would be cool if we could customize the UI layout too, ala Dead Cells.

stubbieoz likes this.
  17. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Unfortunately I am indeed playing a caster, a Thunderer (Storm/Rune).
    I decided to concentrate on the Storm mastery first so she is basically a squishy caster atm. I’m thinking now I should have focused on the Rune mastery first to give her more survivability, and less need for instant active skills.

I really need more than 4 instant skill buttons so hence the frustration, needing to constantly flip between the skills. If I have more than 4 instant skills I find that I can too easily over tap the next set and have to retap to get back to the set I need, if you follow my meaning.
    On the iPad there would be enough room for one or two more skill buttons which would help immensely. I also agree with you about the need for a second attack button.

I may just spend some of my 7 million and respec the skills to make her more Rune focused. I may even start all over and go with a melee character (god knows I’ve done that countless times on the pc version).

Knowing the limitations of (myself) the skill selection interface, I should just sit down and plan a character that works better.

But first I’m coming up to the end of the original campaign. I’ll see how she goes against typhon. :confused:

pathogen541 likes this.
  18. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm totally in agreement with you guys - you can't build a skill-centric game and then leave it up to a UI like this. For a full-time pet user the issues are similar - the pets never attack what you want them to so you have to spend a main skill button on "Pet Attack" then take your hand off the right stick area to click and drag out on what you want them to attack - and by the way that click and drag only works about 70% of the time. I'm trying to force myself through a full play through with the DLCs but based on the videos I've watched of the PC version, this is just not mobile friendly. I would not recommend that people spend fresh money on this for mobile, if you have a Diablo itch buy it on PC.

pathogen541 likes this.
  19. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    well, the only place I’d differentiate from you is that I’d still recommend this to damn near anyone... especially if your a heavy mobile gamer with the action RPG itch. We don’t have really anything else like it, and UI issues aside, it is absolutely the most content packed ARPG of this style you will find on iOS.

I do believe if we make these issues known that Handy will get on it and address some of this stuff. And yes, the drag to target is hit and miss in terms of reliability which has gotten me killed more than once. I’m still completely hooked, still one of my favorite ARPGs (it’s better than d3 by leaps and bounds in my opinion) but it is still a bit rough around the edges.

personally, I’d like to see the following implemented:
    New hot bar system for skills
    Customizable UA elements
    At LEAST local multiplayer
    Highlight targeted enemy in the style of the console version (console; the enemy your targeting sports a red glow)
    Quicker response time for drag to aim
    Quicker response time for casting skills

20. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I did have to restart with a new character. I got to Typhon with a level 31 Elementalist that, for some reason, I’d built like a melee character. Cannot defeat Typhon with that build, so I restarted and built a Harbinger (Dream/Warfare) and so far that’s been a winning combo.... thinking of going for a ranger character next, like nature and hunting..... something like that....