Universal Titan Quest: Legendary Edition (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 1, 2021.

1. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    If someone had the HD version, but bought the Legendary Edition instead of the DLC packs, would the save from the HD version work with the Legendary Edition or vice versa?

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yessir!

Also, I think it finally got through to my head: Regardless if HandyGames implement Family Sharing for the HD version's IAPs or not, owning the Legendary Edition allows you to share the app with family while giving THEM the ability to purchase the free IAPs for themselves. Got it!

3. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    we support both no panic. ;)

sechssechssechs and ThirdMoon like this.
  4. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    both versions will be supported. no panic and we read here as well but it was a very busy week here :)

metalcasket likes this.
  5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I can imagine. You've been knocking it out of the park with updates and lo and behold...2.9.7 didn't require a full-game download! Literally took seconds. Thanks so much. :D

HG VAMPIRE and K0N3 like this.
  6. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I just bought the Legendary Edition even though I have already bought the three DLCs in HD version just for that insane icon haha. Btw, how is the sales of this game performing for you guys? Is it promising? Best wishes and support for HandyGames for their upcoming projects. I would love to have Grim Dawn on my iPhone.

HG VAMPIRE, K0N3 and pathogen541 like this.
  7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I bought one of the DLC packs

There was a 'mage' and i think to get to the new world i then need to make some sort of potion/enchant some object ? Unsure what to do, its a guy with a lightening bolt above his head, what do i do there ?

8. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    You will start looting some arcane formulas from mobs. With those formula, you will need some full relics to make a powerful artifact which can be equipped to your character. Those artifacts provide additionals attributes, damage resistance, etc. You may ignore them for now but in higher difficulties, those artifacts are nice boosts and sometimes even be essential. That "mage" allows you to make artifacts

pathogen541 and psj3809 like this.
  9. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #149 K0N3, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Well I saw the update drop today and in my excitement I pulled the trigger on purchasing the “Legendary Edition” thinking the update would include controller support... oh well at least I know it’s coming in the next update and I now have the (expensive) new app icon - yay!

My son will also be excited to have the full experience on his iPad too even if he does struggle with the touch controls. I personally think the touch controls are good enough to get the job done, nothing pin point but they work okay.

4FC8FE84-BFDF-4287-8BC2-FC2E04D2FE6C.jpeg

10. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm on my first playthrough and need some advice. Will use spoiler tags just in case:

I killed Typhon and went through his portal and now I'm in Hades, which is the 4th tab on the map. I'm in the city of Rhodes and the monster difficulty seems to have been ramped up massively. I'm level 33 with 1855HP and 1400EP, I am a Nature/Ritualist pet build. What can I do differently?

TIA

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  11. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    dude, I’d focus on your armor and potentially grind some levels out. I don’t remember this game being as difficult as it is, but I’m experiencing similar struggles as you. I actually had to start a fresh character because I built me elementalist as a melee character instead of ranged.... which was a horrible idea. Cannot even take down a quarter of Typhons health... waaaayyyy too squishy, and I’m wondering if they didn’t tweak the difficulty. This isn’t really advice, more like I’m struggling too lol. But if I did anything, I’d just grind out some levels and maybe try and gear up a touch.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  12. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    as we are part of a bigger stock traded company I cannot comment on sales figures as you can imagine. What the next games on mobile will be? we will announce something soon. Just follow us over our social media channels or our newsletter. I am sure you will like what we are working on. Some really great premium titles :)

13. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    we did not changed anything on the difficulty... perhaps you get older... sorry had to. You can do it! I am old as well but still kicking asses... ;)

14. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks, there are definitely aspects about the game that don’t seem to work well. I am running this pet build but unlike the Diablo franchise the pets don’t seem able to hold aggro whatsoever and the Taunt button doesn’t do anything.

pathogen541 likes this.
  15. d4d

d4d Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2011
    I got the dotemu version of TQ... I can’t see how to upgrade this? Am I Screwed?

16. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Well you have to purchased it again, since dotemu version of TQ is dead for sure, the HandyGames version of TQ improved a lot of things with all DLCs, so if you really enjoyed TQ before, maybe you can give HandyGames version of TQ a shot.

17. d4d

d4d Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2011
    Thanks, prolly will give it a chance...

18. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    #158 pathogen541, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    LOOOOL!!! I can’t argue there!!! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this response lol, you’ve all done an AMAZING job on TQ. I’ll crush Typhon soon enough, with this new Harbinger build that is DEMOLISHING everything that moves.... literally.

Also, any plans to implement at least local multiplayer at some point? That would be AMAZING.

Edit: to be fair, its entirely my fault Typhon crushed me. I built a caster class as a melee character.... lol. I don’t think that is good for longevity.

19. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    that’s weird, my Nightmare pet holds agro very well, I wonder if there is a differences between all pets. On my elementalist, my core dweller seems to get targeted first, and then they switch to the Whisp, then me. Hopefully it gets better for you, tho.

20. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    If you enjoyed the DotEmu version, with all the warts and bugs it came along with, I’d say throw your money with 0 caution at the legendary edition. As I and others have said, this is the best version of TQ to date, and in my opinion is the most expansive, content packed, full blown, AAA action RPG you will find on iOS, and an easy contender for my iOS GOTY.... and I owned the DotEmu version as well. Lol