Universal Titan Quest: Legendary Edition (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 1, 2021.

1. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    ACTUALLY, you can drop things from your inventory. If you open your inventory and look at the bottom of your screen, you should see a little sword with "swooshy" white lines directed downwards, what you wanna do is grab whatever item you wanna get rid of, drag and drop it on to that little swooshy sword icon, and it will be dropped to the ground. Repeat as needed to free up space FOR FAT, EPIC LOOT.

metalcasket likes this.
  2. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    There is a button in your inventory located at the bottom and to the middle. Drag the items you want to “drop” onto that, it will disappear from your inventory and land close to your feet when you go back “in game”. Circled in purple in the screenshot below

74E38FCF-EA29-47A0-BBAC-417B36D669E5.jpeg

RpgN, metalcasket and pathogen541 like this.
  3. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    THANK YOU!!! I tried to explain this but the visual is MUCH better. A++++

HG VAMPIRE and K0N3 like this.
  4. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Hey!

someone here earlier said he was going for the « no death on normal mode achievement »

I know it exists on other consoles but I can’t see it in my Gamecenter achievements.

Is it in this version or not?!?

5. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    You see a button you can press when you’re looking at your inventory. It is somewhere at the bottom of your inventory and it has a sword icon.

Edit: Oops. I didn’t see the seventh page on time. My apologies!

K0N3 and pathogen541 like this.
  6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    wot :eek: *stares intensely at home bar*

EDIT: Hold up...deleting my post. Misleading anyone is a big no-no.

pathogen541 and K0N3 like this.
  7. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    THAT HOME BAR HID IT FROM ME AS WELL!!! Really wish there was an option to disable the home bar when using a game or something. Obviously there would be some gesture (such as using two fingers and sliding up from the bottom of the screen) to bring it back, but MAN is that sucker intrusive on my game space.

metalcasket and K0N3 like this.
  8. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Controller support is definitely coming also. They’re in house testing it as we speak. Below is a screenshot my very brief exchange on Twitter with HandyGames.

6FF99EB7-619A-487B-8BB5-C07651D3A5B8.png

9. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #129 K0N3, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    There is a way for you to hide your Home bar while playing games... It’s called “Guided Access”. If you triple press the power button it should enable it. Triple press again to disable it. Doing this means certain functions won’t work like taking screenshot or the volume buttons, but it will remove the Home bar for you.

pathogen541 likes this.
  10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    That's annoying about the icon because you can actually do that, i.e. Tweetbot lets you pick the icon:

Attached Files:

K0N3 likes this.
  11. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Yeah I’ve seen this option also... If I was jailbroken I would just change the icon myself.

Guess I’ll be dropping another £18 just for the icon. Well not just the app icon, I’ll be able to use the ‘family share’ option then, for my son to also play the DLC.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Wait, wait. The expansion packs are also standard IAPs in Legendary Edition. They need to be purchased, albeit at no price. If Family Sharing isn't enabled for the DLC, nothing will be different for you.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I miss the HD icon. Would be cool to be able to interchange icons from both versions...but I kiiiiiinda get it.

K0N3 likes this.
  13. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    They are “free” to purchase, just as you have mentioned above, so with the legendary edition, I gain the icon and he can install the game then download the DLC’s at no extra cost. Yes I would save £4 overall if I just purchased them inside of his HD version, but I do want that icon...

In hindsight, I should have held off on the DLC’s and just purchased the Legendary Edition saving me £12 overall. I don’t mind dropping the £30 on this game mind you as both myself and my son will put many hours into this one.

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    What is the pain you are experiencing with dropping and picking stuff up?
    Personally I’m having a pain free time doing those things.
    Dropping items has been pretty much covered above and using item filters means a lost less clutter with drops. :)

Maybe it’s harder on a phone rather than a tablet? Is that the problem?

Ijipop likes this.
  15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hey, I totally respect that. Even though I own HD and could have also saved a few bucks by just buying the expansions, something about Legendary Edition called to me. Maybe it was the icon? Maybe the word "Legendary"? I have no clue!

K0N3, pathogen541 and OddAlun like this.
  16. OddAlun

OddAlun Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I can appreciate that... I own the HD version had to save a few bucks to feed other App's DLCs. I noticed that even though I'm using the HD w/ all DLC's, the App icon is the "old" one but my iCloud Storage reads Titan Quest: Legendary Edition w/ the "new" icon. :)

metalcasket likes this.
  17. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    WHHHHHAAAAT!!!!???? YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR!!! THANK YOU!!!! my life just changed forever......

K0N3 likes this.
  18. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    #138 pathogen541, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Funny, I own the HD version and will probably spend the money to buy the Legendary Edition as well. I have thrown my money at this game more than just about any game in the history of gaming (i literally got a job in high school just to build a PC strong enough to run this when it originally released in 06') and I'd say that it is by far one of my favorite ARPGs of all time (Second only to Diablo 2, I honestly prefer TQ to D3, you can actually BUILD your character in TQ, D3 has some uniqueness between characters but if you pick a crusader, you will be some form of crusader lol, you can literally build whatever you want in TQ), it only feels right to throw more money at it for the spiffy icon and knowing that I wont have to purchase all the DLC for my kids if I pick up the Legendary Version. Fingers crossed at some point they integrate some sort of multiplayer, even if its LAN only. Id kill to run through this with my kids.

edit: I bought the legendary edition too.... JUST TAKE MY FREAKING MONEY.

HG VAMPIRE, K0N3 and metalcasket like this.
  19. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I believe you and I have a similar opinion about this game. ;)

I have the original cd pc version of TQ, that I bought in 2006.
    Then I bought the boxed version with Immortal Throne.
    Then I bought the original Steam version as well as the Steam Anniversary Edition. As well as the Ragnarok and Atlantis expansions.
    Now I have the iOS HD version with all the dlc.
    I’m not going to buy the Legendary edition ........... I think.

I also rate this extended version second only to Diablo 2 with the LoD expansion.
    When Diablo 2 was first released in 2000 it was a good game but LoD made it something special.
    Similarly when Titan Quest was first released it was a good game but Immortal Throne made it great.
    That is why I was dismayed when TQ made it to mobile but it was only the vanilla game. It was missing too many features that Immortal Throne brought to the game. I played it for an hour and then forgot about it.

This current version is an absolute blast to play. I am really enjoying it even though I have played the original campaign.... well it must be at least a dozen times over the years. Currently I am halfway through the Egyptian Campaign, with 14 hours racked up.
    Given the restrictions that come with a tap screen, for example the lower number of shortcuts for skills and not having a right mouse button, they have done a damn fine job. The only real criticism I can find is sometimes the tap sensitivity on the potions and active skills feels a bit sluggish.

Gosh I hope this iOS version sells well. I would hate to see an iOS update break the game and the devs deciding it’s not worth their effort to patch it.

I think I’d rather leave my iPad Pro on an outdated iOS rather than lose this game. :confused:

metalcasket and pathogen541 like this.
  20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Y'all are nuts. I love it!

K0N3 and pathogen541 like this.