Universal Titan Quest: Legendary Edition (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 1, 2021.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This x10000. In my SpongeBob review, I called it the best port we've gotten on iOS and specifically left out something along the lines of "Don't expect Titan Quest: LE/updated HD to take up that mantle because of 1, 2, 3...", yet here we are. DotEmu has to be commended for translating complicated PC mechanisms and controls into a brilliant, brilliant mobile scheme...but HandyGames replaced the DotEmu version's flawed innards and turned Titan Quest into an absolutely essential purchase. You could have this and only this on your device, and never need to buy another game.

2. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    #102 Aerion, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Sure. It happens quite often tbh and I just died in Act 3 during my no death challenge because the game didn‘t accept my potion and my health reg skill button.

Lost my enthusiasm for now. But hey, it‘s Titan Quest, imo the best ARPG ever, glad to have a version that is still being developed in iOS. :)

RpgN likes this.
  3. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    PHONE USER PROTIP: you can zoom the UI while in your inventory. While in the inventory, you can pinch the screen to zoom in on various elements of the inventory screen. Makes managing single-space items such as charms, trinkets, etc. much easier when you can just zoom right in on them.

4. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    OMG Thank you so much for that comment ! It didn't even cross my mind to try to zoom in while in a menu, makes item organization 100x easier for sure, this and skills sometimes being a bit hard to tap were my only gripes so far.

The more I play the port the more I am amazed at how drastically different it is from the initial Dotemu release (that was CHAOTIC), really glad Handygames took on the mantle and decided to give this game a second chance !

My second/third favorite ARPG of all time feels fresh and fun once again, thank you so much for your hard work devs !

stubbieoz and pathogen541 like this.
  5. allsopj84

allsopj84 Active Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Male
    I have Game Center switched off on my iPhone as I don’t use it, is that going to cause a problem with this game?

6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I just turned off my Game Centre and tried the game and it plays fine and icloud save transfers still works between devices.
    The only thing I can see that you won’t get is the Game Centre achievements.

pathogen541 likes this.
  7. zenmode

zenmode Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    I ended up buying this after seeing all the glowing reviews, it’s pretty great so far :D

My only issue is with the control pad - my character keeps moving a bit after I lift my finger. Is this a glitch? You can see in the attached vid that I’m holding the pad, letting go, and the character keeps moving. Anyone else notice this?

https://imgur.com/gallery/fNJwDKw

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia

I just checked on both my iPad Pro and my iPhone 8+ and yes, they both have the same “lag” as you are experiencing.
    But I don’t believe it is a glitch, but more a way the game engine works.
    It also does the same when using a game pad on the pc version.

You will notice that if you keep your finger on the virtual joystick and change the characters direction, that direction change is instantaneous, so it really does not present to be a problem..... at least that I have found anyways.

9. Titanquests

Titanquests New Member

Feb 8, 2021
    Male
    Is it possible to reset stats without PC??
    I tried doing it by editing player.chr using hex editor
    but for the love of god i just cant find the value where i could increase or decrease stats, all i could do is editing the unused stat points but the stat thats already spent i cant find where it is
    Hope someone could shed some light, thanks

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, this is basically a result of transforming the original point & click controls into a virtual stick. It doesn't take long to grow on you though.

pathogen541 likes this.
  11. Anyone experienced crashes after the update? (The HD version, not Legendary)

12. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    For those having the 1,5x speed issue, here is a workaround for iOS.

a) You need iTunes on a PC or Mac to get access to the Titan Quest app preferences folder
    b) Download the whole folder to your desktop
    b) Under \preferences\settings there is an options.txt file
    c) Chance GameSpeed = medium to GameSpeed = low
    d) Save options.txt
    e) Copy the whole preferences folder back to your phone/pad via iTunes (drag and drop!)

That's it. Game speed is back to normal aka low aka slow. ;)

13. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Nope, and I have been playing the HD version (with dlc) non stop since the update. I will be on it again today and will let you know if it crashes.

pathogen541 likes this.
  14. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    #114 Aerion, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Well, you found the modifierPoints (unused attribute points) and skillPoints (unused skill points) entries using HxD I guess. I didn't find the rest either for now. They are well hidden. If you have success, I'd be interested too for sure. I will continue investigating later, not sure if the game really saves the current base attribute value or the number of times you used a certain attribute point (eg +4 to STR or 1x attribute point used for STR).

My L29 warden has a dex of 258, that is 162 base and 96 from skills. 162 base means 50 starting points plus 28 (level ups) x 4 points. I have been searching for those numbers in hex, but no success sofar.

15. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Nope, no issues with crashes. The only issue i've run into thus far is that the Tier-10 Storm skill "Lightning Dash" causes stuttering when used. The game glitches and skips frames for a few seconds whenever I try to use the skill, which is quite often as it is applied to your default attack..... It works as long as I get close first, but If I do it from a distance it causes this weird audio feedback loop that gets EXTREMELY loud for a second, and then returns to normal volume, frames return to normal. But no, no crashing lol.

16. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    No crashes here but what I do find odd is not being able to click on the dialogue on the objectives menu. Before you could click there and see the text along with the voice over.

17. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I’m not seeing that.
    I tap on the map chapter markers and open the dialogue tab and I still get the related text as well as the voice over.

RpgN and pathogen541 like this.
  18. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    I tried again just to make sure and it works. I’m not really sure what happened yesterday but at least it’s working now. Thank you for taking a look.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just got back to this again. Loving it. Only level 14 as my old character (level 24) didnt seem to copy over from the other version i had.

Still painful dropping and picking stuff up but an amazing game

20. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Level 19 so far, still going very good, no gamebreaking bugs so far or anything that rubbed me the wrong way :)

Now I have a question that might sound dumb..... how do I drop something from my inventory ? I never figured out how, I just TP back to town and sell everything whenever I hit full inventory but sometimes I would like to drop something I picked up by accident lol