Universal Titan Quest: Legendary Edition (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 1, 2021.

1. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    The game even runs on older iPhones so you should not have any problems.

2. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    we are working on it full steam beside fixing the current bugs that appears after we launched. So hot fixes first and controller support finishing which should be coming soon. So perhaps you can also enjoy this game very soon on your AppleTV ;)

3. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    I’ve had the HD version for a while. Playing the pre-update version and after, the improvements are clear and very welcome. I’m grateful that us HD version players are not left out. I will be playing the game further and get the DLCs when it’s time for new content.

I’m not far in the game and am new to the franchise. I’ve reached about 3 or 4 towns and am currently in a large area with multiple dungeons. It took an awful long time to find a fountain. Is there really no other way to save your progress and continue where you saved? I know you can save any time but it’s discouraging that you still have to walk the same distance and the enemies/bosses spawn back. So far that’s my only major criticism.

4. sechssechssechs

Apr 26, 2014
    One thing I'm wondering about is if the devs will someday just stop updating the HD version and only continue with the new Legendary Edition. After all it's more work to maintain both versions.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I don't think that'll ever happen, but I certainly don't speak for HandyGames. Why do I say that, though? The notes for the latest updates in both versions are completely identical, which would lead me to believe that updates moving forward would be nothing more than just implementing them in both versions. It isn't unusual to see apps with multiple versions (GoodReader, for example) maintained simultaneously, and I can't imagine why it would be any different here.

EDIT: @HG VAMPIRE...curious...is there any way these updates could be switched to delta (incremental) updates instead of having to download all of the game data again? The initial hefty 3.5 GB download was a workout on its own, and it looks like I just have to come to terms with my shit internet connection and update TQ overnight. :p

6. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but I seem to have a spell that autocasts (poison spell I forgot the name) whether I want to or not. I think it's because it is in the slot on the bottom of the circle but I never intentionally put it there and now I can't seem to remove it? I thought the same method of holding down would allow me to change but it's not working. This is on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I will prob try it on my iPad later to see if the same thing happens.

pathogen541 likes this.
  7. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #67 Ijipop, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Quick question!!!

just finished act 1.
    And now ALL of my skills got a +4.
    This is cool but I don’t know how it happened.
    It’s not any piece of equipment.
    And all of a sudden it disappeared.
    No more +4
    any ideas?!?!?

edit : maybe the shrine of mastery?!?

edit edit : it was indeed shrine of mastery.
    Meh. Feeling dumb now...

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  8. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    #68 pathogen541, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    I did have this problem. An example, when I unlocked my lightning bolt ability, it (for whatever reason) was assigned to my main attack, and would autocast whenever it was off cool down. I've noticed several UI elements can be rather finicky on the 12 Pro Max (such as the hold-to-change feature on the your auto attack like you are mentioning) and the loot filter button. The loot-filter button does not work if it is on the side with the notch (ie: left hand side of the screen) but will work if the notch is on the right-hand side of the screen.

Also, another bug (I think???) i've noticed is that the visual effects of certain spells (the one im talking about specifically here is Ring of Flame) Will actually stop showing up after a few minutes.When first activated, you can clearly see a ring of flame, and a bright light casting off of you, and the spell stays active as long as you don't turn it off, but the visual effects go away. not a big deal, just wanted to report it. @HG VAMPIRE

EDIT: no sooner did I finish this post and fire up TQ and realize they fixed the Notch issue with the loot button.... never mind!!! HG IS ON TOP OF THIS ONE!!

9. TomoChan2021

TomoChan2021 Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Hello I’ve tried to search but I have played Titan quest on my iPad but I want to play it on my iPhone as well but I cannot load up my iCloud save on it and it is telling me to start again. Anyway to solve this? Thanks

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Are you playing this new Legendary Version or an updated version of Titan Quest HD? Or do you perhaps have one of the two previously released versions of Titan Quest that are no longer supported? iCloud can be finicky for a million reasons but just wanted to eliminate this possibility first.

11. TomoChan2021

TomoChan2021 Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Hello I have the HD version

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Hmmm, I'm just now noticing that there's no mention of iCloud on the HD version's App Store page, but it explicitly mentions it on the Legendary Edition page. I was under the impression both versions are basically identical save for how the IAP works, but I wonder if it's possible the older version doesn't have iCloud for some reason? Or perhaps did you have an existing save from the pre-update version of HD and it's not compatible with the new updated version?

Sorry I don't have any definitive answers, just trying to think of what might be causing issues. Hopefully someone from HandyGames can chime in to confirm that HD does indeed have cloud support.

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I have the HD version of the game and all the expansions dlc.
    I just tried on my iPhone 8+.
    All graphics set to High and the zoom level was the furthest out.
    Played the beginning of the game for 10 minutes and lost 10% battery.
    The phone got warm but not hot.
    Performance was excellent.
    But I have no idea how you guys navigate the interface on a phone...... so small, for me at least. o_O

And the cloud saving worked flawless. Had my iPad character save transfer over to my phone, and the new character I made on the phone was there when I fired up my iPad.

14. TomoChan2021

TomoChan2021 Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Oh then maybe my iCloud thing is playing up but the game enter thing displays my user name on all devices....

15. TomoChan2021

TomoChan2021 Member

Feb 4, 2021
    It’s weird my iPad says my iCloud save is for legendary edition but I only have HD one

16. Preb

Preb New Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Male
    Can't find an android-thread on this game, so forgive me for joining you guys.
    Does anybody know if cloud save will be on the new android-version of Titan Quest HD? By the way, the app has not been working at all since the update yesterday...

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I believe iCloud works between both versions!

18. TomoChan2021

TomoChan2021 Member

Feb 4, 2021
    It’s pretty infuriating my saves don’t transfer to my iPhone and other iPad

19. TomoChan2021

TomoChan2021 Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Ah ha!!! I worked it out turn off cloud save on your 2nd device then turn it back on and iOS will ask if you want to update to iCloud save

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I don't have access to a laptop right now, but I know for a fact that....well, seems you sorted your issue out...but yeah, this has File Sharing as well. Might be worth checking out if saves can be transferred that way too.