Universal Titan Quest: Legendary Edition (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thats exactly what I do also, make a good strong character who can get deep enough to collect good gear for other characters.

2. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone else hate how it auto picks up loot when you are fighting something and holding the button down? I was going to make a nice and easy hold the button down class to fight but I might have to reconsider now.

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    You can work around that by tapping on the “show item name” button on the left side border of the screen.
    When it is disengaged you wont auto pick up items while holding down the attack button.
    Then after all enemies are dead you can activate it to see all the dropped loot. :)

ThirdMoon and solarnya like this.
  4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I also got around it some by making white items not even show up by using the item filter. The other problem is I don't know if I can start all over when I have several awesome characters and tons of good loot in my storage on xbox lol.

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    This doesn’t have online multiplayer?

6. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    No, at least for now.

7. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Ohhhhhh this is GLORIOUS. TQ as it should be, complete with all DLC and with a fresh coat of pain to boot. This is the ARPG to own on iOS in my opinion. And for those that don’t know, this game doesn’t really “start” (in my opinion) until you beat it once and start playing in Epic difficulty with your beefed up character. That’s when the FAT, FAT, ENDORPHIN RELEASING LOOT starts flowing from the corpses of your enemies.

so far, I’ve noticed that the loot toggle on the left hand side of screen isn’t working for me, and the button you use to cycle through skills seems a little finicky, but these are small issues. I set my loot filter to only show items starting at the magical rarity so things don’t get cluttered. I cannot WAIT for controller support, and I really really really really really hope they implement some form of multiplayer.

If you have been waiting to hop on the TQ train, stop waiting, hop on. This is TQ, as it’s intended to be, in all its glory, in arguably the best shape it’s been on iOS.... it’s gorgeous, it’s WAAAY cheaper than you’ll find this same collection on PC. If you like loot-heavy action RPGs, you are doing a disservice to yourself not picking this up. DO. IT.

K, I have to go impale and electrify some more hyena people now. Good bye.

8. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    A+++ review would read again.

pathogen541 likes this.
  9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    LOL FAT, FAT, ENDORPHIN RELEASING LOOT....

pathogen541 likes this.
  10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I have only played TQ on my pc.
    With this iOS version I am playing on my iPad Pro 12.9” and it looks absolutely incredible. The graphics are so much clearer and dynamic with all the settings set to high. The pc version looks somewhat washed out compared to this.
    Also I remember when I first played Immortal Throne and thought the graphics looked really good back then. I cant wait to see it on the Pro.

Are you sure about the loot toggle button not working? And by that do you mean items are always showing their names or never?
    If you have the loot filter set to only pick up magical items then if you got just common and broken loot drops then toggling the button will still show nothing.
    If that’s not the problem then try contacting the devs. I emailed them yesterday inquiring about the dlc and got a reply back within 12 hours.

I’m not having any problem with the skill selection button either. Maybe there is a problem with specific devices??

And like you, I think this iOS version is indeed the version to own. :cool:

pathogen541 likes this.
  11. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I can’t count how many times I’ve played through this. Ok I will. I got the first version on iOS and beat that through 3 times (each difficulty). Then I got it for switch and beat that 3x plus the immortal expansion. Never played the other 2 so I really want to but they are 20 each on switch. The old version doesn’t count as the new one so I might be buying this old ass game for the 3rd freaking time to play through it for over 10 times, good lord.

HG VAMPIRE and pathogen541 like this.
  12. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    #32 pathogen541, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    I was wondering it if it’s device specific as well as I’ve not seen anyone else with the issue but me. I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, so maybe that has something to do with it. Either way, I don’t even think it’s worth complaining about, I’m still floating on this cloud of euphoria that I can actually play this ENTIRE masterpiece in the palm of my hand... like... wut? And i have a feeling handy is gonna take care of this title in the long wrong. It’s the TQ iOS deserved from the start!!!

edit: I now believe it IS device specific. I just discovered that the button won’t press if it is on the same side as the iPhone 12 notch.... as long as the the notch is on the right-hand side, the loot-display button works, If the notch is on the left, I can’t press it. Super tiny issue, gonna report it to Handy.

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  13. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    And I second the graphics, I don’t ever remember it looking this vibrant and crisp. They really went above and beyond with the bells and whistles here.... could not be more stoked on this release.... obviously.... lol

rittchard likes this.
  14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Whats everyones favorite / most powerful class they had on other platforms? Mine is probably the Skinchanger, three wolves and using two legendary throwing weapons.

15. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I love bow hunter builds. I haven’t played with rune yet so I would try the dragon hunter if I play this and hope it has some synergy with marksmanship. In the past I loved my pet ranger and Haruspex with dream.

pathogen541 likes this.
  16. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I have the base Titan Quest HD on my iPad...I have never played it actually, got distracted with other things. Should I get the DLCs before I play through the first time?

pathogen541 likes this.
  17. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I’m gonna say yes. The DLC add additional acts, items, monsters, NPCs that provide goodies, extra masteries, and even an additional tier to ALL masteries. Don’t get me wrong, the base TQ experience is pretty massive as is, but when you add in everything else, it’s even bigger and feels much more complete. Just my two cents. But maybe play a while and make sure TQ is your jam before buying the DLC... if it is your jam, however, dive into them DLCs.

Son of Anarchy and JindoFox like this.
  18. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #38 Son of Anarchy, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    I feel very grateful to have the chance to buy & play this complete edition of Titan Quest on iOS. Thank you to HandyGames and all involved in making the impossible happen, and for showing great respect to a truly great game. Every time I think that premium iOS gaming has gasped its last breath, something like this happens to reignite the fire, and lately it has been HandyGames more often than not who’s carrying the torch.

Unfortunately, I have a interesting issue to report for the Legendary Edition...

EDIT 2: Update 2.9.5 completely fixed the issue. Much appreciated HG.

19. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thank you, very helpful

pathogen541 likes this.
  20. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    You guys.... loot literally ERUPTS out of the chests... the euphoria.....

Ijipop likes this.