Universal Titan Quest: Legendary Edition (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Aries34

Aries34 Member

Apr 27, 2021
    Male
    Thanks man! I finally did it because of your help! In my case, I copied two files including the .txt file that comes with the _save1 folder and it actually worked! Finally got my Sapros and complete sets of Achilles, Nemean Lion, Tartarus and others! God, Sapros still wins hands down even against my recently acquired Mjölnir and its two other set pieces. The DPS appears so low (around 2600-ish) but combined with distort wave at maximum, I can stun the annoying one-shot-kill Dactyl guard in Hades’ palace (legendary) and suck the life out of it.

The only thing that I wonder about now is, why can’t I find the folder of Titan Quest Legendary Edition in our iOS devices “Files” app? Been playing Stardew Valley and it is so easy just to airdrop the save folder files there since its save folder is accessible. Can the devs make this appear there too?

I even went toe-to-toe with Typhon, Hades, and Fafnir (all in legendary) with it just drinking a couple of potions or using regrowth skill until the they all go down with no problem at all. Now I can finally proceed to other builds from here. Long days ahead!

hsdneo likes this.
  2. Controller support confirmed for the latest update

3. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    please contact our support over our website. They are way better on assisting you here! :)

4. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    yes also the HD Version received the update now! Another hotfix is on the way for some other issue.

Makara Nou likes this.
  5. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    HD Version has it now :)

6. hsdneo

hsdneo Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Already solved it...

7. Aries34

Aries34 Member

Apr 27, 2021
    Male
    By the way guys, here’s a toe-to-toe bout I just had with fafnir (legendary) as soon as I got my sapros back. Thanks to hsdneo for helping out in transferring the save file properly. Enjoy.
    (Screen recorded from my iPhone 11 Pro Max)

8. Aries34

Aries34 Member

Apr 27, 2021
    Male
    I am pleased to report that the latest controller support update really feels great! Playing with my DS4 controller is much much better. Though I hope they will add the ability to heal pets in the L3 options so I don’t have to touch the screen everytime I need to heal them. But other than that, I am simply enjoying this game even more. Thank you to the developers!

Son of Anarchy and HG VAMPIRE like this.
  9. Aries34

Aries34 Member

Apr 27, 2021
    Male
    By the way, I also noticed significant improvements in Atlantis after the update. It’s still not as smooth as the other earlier acts in the game, but it is definitely noticeably better than before. Still can’t figure out why iCloud doesn’t seem to save my progress and sync them between my iPhone and iPad at the moment.

10. Peerless

Peerless Member

Jun 14, 2016
    There’s an annoying crash to iPad Home Screen in the latest update, happens to me when I access quest log. Another user on Reddit confirmed it’s affecting them and they’ve been in touch with support. Apparently a quick patch is coming out to fix things.

11. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    So the plan was to test the game quickly. First time the new options/improvements and second time the controller support. I ended up playing a total of 1 hour and 40 minutes today.

The first time I was mostly curious about the targeting system, the weapon icons and the camera options. The first two were needed. It used to be unclear who you’re targeting but it’s not an issue anymore. I’m not sure if it’s because of the enemies being highlighted but the automatic targeting feels more natural and less unpredictable now. When it comes to weapon icons, I remember being confused and forgetting which weapon I have equipped. I don’t feel that way anymore. About the camera, does the update remember your preferred settings now? Like if you had it zoomed in, it remains that way? If so, then that’s handy too.

Now the controller support is pretty impressive. The controls during fights are far more responsive. I haven’t experienced my character freezing like with the touch controls a couple of months ago. The targeting works well here too. The buttons are mapped well. The skills being mapped on the d-pad, switching weapons and movements feels very natural. When you go to the menu and try to interact with the items it does need some time to get used to it. Using the touch screen to read a description or drop an item feels a bit quicker with the touch screen. Luckily you can use both input methods seamlessly.

Kudos for doing such a great job. Every time a new update comes out I always get excited to try out new improvements in this game!

There are 2 minor questions btw:

1. When you use a controller, is it possible to target enemies manually? Auto target works good enough but I was just curious.

2. I’ve noticed that when there are more than 2 items you pick up with the controller, you get a new menu where you can read the items’ description and then decide whether to pick up them or not. When it’s one item you just pick it up automatically or you see the description in a small window. Is it possible to get the menu for 1 item too? I prefer to take my time to read the description without interruptions (like getting ambushed).

Son of Anarchy and HG VAMPIRE like this.
  12. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Do the graphics settings effect the battery or just the frame rate? Can you set to high and still get 60 FPS on the iPhone 12 Pro?

13. Aries34

Aries34 Member

Apr 27, 2021
    Male
    #273 Aries34, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Just beat typhon in epic without a single attack using a warden build. Can’t believe how tough it is using perfect block, icescale set, and damage reflection maxed out in one of the defense mastery trees.

HG VAMPIRE and Son of Anarchy like this.
  14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    awesome! :cool:

Aries34 likes this.
  15. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    please contact our support for your requests. Perhaps we can get them into future updates. The Game is really on the limit already as you still play on a mobile device. More and more features are added and we optimize the hell out of it. But perhaps they can do even more magic ;)

RpgN likes this.
  16. Aries34

Aries34 Member

Apr 27, 2021
    Male
    Just beat Barmanu in legendary using a slightly modified set of gears for my warden this time. I finally overcame my fear against his dreaded meteor shower by surviving it using perfect block and reflect damage! Love the look of his dead face at the end of this short video by the way.
    Funny thing though is I replaced two of the four icescale set pieces I used previously against typhon with the tracker hood (for -37 recharge) and an epic set of bracers (for +2 to all skills on defense mastery along with +2 form brisingamen amulet for a total of +4 skills). This way, I could achieve the maximum shortest recharge duration for using perfect block at 1.32 seconds! Knowing that recharge is capped at 80, I wonder if there’s anyone here who can still shorten that. Feel free to share your thoughts guys.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Any tips on how to defeat the Minotaur in the maze ? I’m level 22. High strength. Just kee getting beaten by him in secomds.

I remmeber ages back when I played it the door would stay unlocked so I’m would lead him out. Attack and then hide and then the second he went to go backwards I would repeat that

now the door locks and I can’t beat him at all. Stuck at this point

18. Aries34

Aries34 Member

Apr 27, 2021
    Male
    Hi, I wish I knew what your toon’s build is. Is it a conqueror? A warden? Because each build has its own skills that you can leverage in certain boss fights like this. With that said, I advise you to keep leveling up first to acquire those skills before you face the mino lord. Also, look at your shield block chance and defense ability (DA). If you can keep that up, then you will have less problems dealing with the bosses in the game especially later on. If you really want to get over this boss quickly, I also suggest that you buy scrolls that provide necessary support that could enable you to beat it at level 22. However, if you’re like me, I prefer to do it the old fashion way. Toe to toe, using whatever skills I have alongside kiting and running around until I beat the boss by chipping away his life little by little. Hope this helps.

Lull4by likes this.
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks. Great stuff. Appreciate it

20. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    It cannot be said enough how fantastic the game is and the support it’s getting. It just got another substantial update.

Why isn’t there more discussion about it?

Lull4by and Son of Anarchy like this.