Universal Titan Quest: Legendary Edition (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 1, 2021.

1. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    If I remember correctly, you just keep moving to the north for the Megara Bluff, make sure you have searched every route possible there. The surrounding environment can be quite confusing to the eyes..

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks i'll give it a go. Cheers

quangvietnguyen likes this.
  3. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Having played 1000’s of hours of D2 LoD I’m amazed at how this game really gives me the same level of enjoyment. Having bought the previous base versions that ran like crap I just gave up on TQ but with the LE it plays like I dream and I’ve already wracked up dang near 60 hours.

when looking through the skills I wanted to make something akin to the Necro of D2, so I chose Spirit. Initially I looked up guides but there really isn’t much available; especially when it comes to AE which apparently changed lots of things.

So I figured I’d just go old school and make choices based on the descriptions and hoped I’d have something viable. Ended up as Spirit+Dream as it seemed a very synergistic combination logically. I suffered a bit by maxing out the masteries before getting into skills. But honestly Spirit mastery alone is so powerful. Deathchill+ it’s modifiers, Lich and his modifiers and Life Drain plus it’s modifiers alone just melts everything. Add in Outsider for boss and larger champion groups and it’s crazy. Ternion attack and Arcane Lore with a decent life leech staff from Atlantis might as well be the super shotgun from Doom.

I tried psionic beam+ psionic touch but having an unlimited mana pool with the abundance of mana pots makes the TA mana drain so meaningless (especially with gear that reduces mana cost) that it’s moot. I haven’t even finished Normal yet just on IT and Atlantis and it’s made the game go from wow pretty good to almost D2 amazing. The new areas and enemies are awesome. The game is also flawless on touch controls for me. I’ve never had an issue with the targeting or skills. I just wish there was a bigger community and information dump. Because the amount of builds is ridiculous and it can be a bit overwhelming at times.

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Off topic;
    @V Kuolema
    The mentioning of Diablo 2 makes me post this in case some are unaware.
    D2 is being remastered and will be released late this year.
    My pc will be on 24/7 when that sucker arrives...... oh boy oh boy oh boy :D

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Okay I’m in the city of Megra. Came back on myself through the beach and back to Megra.

When I went easy I couldn’t find the next level to get to on the map. What am I doing wrong ? Presume I need to go east again along the beach ? Where should I go to get to the next section on the map ?

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #226 Son of Anarchy, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    When I first started playing TQ, one of the first helpful things I learned is that when you enter a new area of the map, it is important to run around the perimeter immediately. When you scout the perimeter methodically, you will find every exit and secret easily straight away. Then you can search the middle while looking for any ‘cave’ marker, sometimes caves are slightly hidden and often a gateway to the next area. If still lost maybe check your quest log for something you possibly haven’t handed in? If you google specific area maps you should find something to get you going again.

I’ve played through TQ probably 30 times, and even now if I didn’t mandatorily run the edges of every map like a Daytona driver I’d still get lost now and then. Being lost or not knowing what to do next in a game really sucks so I hope there’s something here that helps.

7. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    This is my way too... every single time :)

Son of Anarchy and pathogen541 like this.
  8. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm loosely following this guide and I'm cruising at L20. Basically using the best DPS staff I can find and putting a complete Essence of Prometheus' Flame on it for extra DPS. I use gold to remove the relic when I upgrade staves.

9. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    The Legendary Edition is currently on sale. Anyone who didn’t get the game ought to take a look!

Also the game received another update recently with minor improvements to the gameplay and bug fixes. I’d love to hear what you veterans think of the update. Did it fix some known issues?

10. Neutrino Gama

Neutrino Gama Member

Feb 3, 2021
    Male
    Still no controller support then ? To be honest this has now been promised for so long I’ve kind of lost interest on playing on the iPad. Picked it up for pc instead.

sharfaust likes this.
  11. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I asked the devs at Handygames about a deadline for controller support just 2 days ago. The answer might make everyone happy.

„I can’t promise an exact date yet, but we are very confident to release the controller update during April.“

So just wait a little bit longer. ;)

12. Neutrino Gama

Neutrino Gama Member

Feb 3, 2021
    Male
    I guess I would still like this on iPad.... Any update on controller support it’s nearly the end of April.

13. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    I was wondering the same thing. That’s what I’m waiting for. Want to play on my iPad, but would prefer playing with a controller.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Controller support update is out!

sharfaust, skoptic and metalcasket like this.
  15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I don't believe it's hit the HD version just yet, but give it a bit guys.

Also, good lord. I thought HandyGames bringing SpongeBob to parity with its console counterparts this early was something to behold...the amount of fixes, tweaks and changes to Titan Quest is kind of insane!

HG VAMPIRE and skoptic like this.
  16. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    And it plays great! Thanks for letting us know about it!

17. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    What is this game

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    A very good iOS port of an excellent 2006 PC Diablo “clone” (though that’s a bit like calling Sonic a Mario clone).

19. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    This looks incredible

pathogen541 likes this.
  20. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Oh yeah gotcha it looks like Diablo