Universal Titan Quest: Legendary Edition (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    #201 Aerion, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Do you guys like Ragnarok?

Acts 1, 2 and 4 (especially Hades, IThrone has to be one of the best add-ons in gaming history, hands down) are brilliant, 3 is slightly below but I don‘t know why Act 5 feels so different? And heavy stuttering while Act 4 was very smooth.

BTW, my main is a Warden, the last challenge was Typhon, but manageable with good vit/fire resistances and I had to learn his poison-lifesteal chain pattern. The Bloated One was interesting, too. Looking forward to the epic/leg only bosses like Manticore.

2. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    In torn on Ragnarok. It’s expansive and definitely sports new content, but, it kinda feels.... different from the other acts. And, in my opinion, the armor and weapons in the 5th act pale in comparison to the look and feel of the armor and weapons from act 4. I’m gonna keep pushing through it but as of right now, I’m falling somewhere between, yeah it’s awesome, and meh pass on it. I’ll know more when I finish it up.... to be honest tho, part of me feels I won’t get the real feel for this act until I start working through the game on Epic difficulty and start getting some more of the epic/legendary items.

3. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    That. Fortunately the story, enemies and atmosphere get much better once you reach Scandia and Viking lore starts. The celtic parts of the game were rather meh.

pathogen541 likes this.
  4. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I can’t bring myself to equip the Celtic armor, even when it’s better than my Act 4 epics. I can’t imagine some bad ass warrior that’s killed gods and Titans looks that awesome wearing a Celtic Kitchen Bowel for a helmet lol..... granted the laughter of my enemies would be soon drowned out by their screams, but still... I’d rather they be terrified the WHOLE time, not thinking they are about face off against a warrior who put all their points into the “Martha Stewart” mastery.

stubbieoz and Aerion like this.
  5. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    #205 Aerion, Feb 28, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    And so I finished Ragnarok with my L49 Warden today. Missing Helos, I started Epic.

pathogen541 and HG VAMPIRE like this.
  6. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Haha nice, I just finished yesterday as well with a L48 Warden, starting Epic today.

Have to say it again... really, really, REALLY fantastic job with this port. After playing through all the normal mode content, the only two complaints I still have are the enemy targeting (touch to target option please) and the performance in Atlantis (also the final boss area of Ragnarok was super choppy).

Aerion and pathogen541 like this.
  7. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm just about finished Ragnarok with my Nature/Dream pet guy - anyone have suggestions for a class combo for a 2nd playthrough that is more high-speed face-smashing?

pathogen541 likes this.
  8. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    DREAM/WARFARE. Cannot recommend this combo enough, between the dual wield skills of warfare and well.... just about everything from the Dream mastery, you WILL be melting faces with absolute ease

Havelcek likes this.
  9. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    #209 Havelcek, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Thank you, I'll look into that one. The pet build has been a real grind, nothing like the witch doctor buildings in Diablo. Are you following a certain build guide?

10. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Apart from the traditional melee classes like Harbinger (warfare + dream) or Conqueror (warfare + defense), you could try a dual throwing Thor-inspired Thunderer (rune + storm). When you get Mjolnir you'll literall feel like Thor lol.

pathogen541 likes this.
  11. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    This whole post got jacked up.... whoops

12. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    You just decided my next class for me. Thank you.

quangvietnguyen likes this.
  13. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Not following a build guide, just leaning more into dream than warfare to start. I invested heavily in the dream mastery and have been kind of slowly building up warfare. If you want the dual wield, you will have to splurge for that skill, but otherwise, go heavy on Dream, then when your comfortably melting fools with ease, start building up Warfare. To be honest, Dream is slightly OP. The area attack alone in the Dream mastery can absolutely VAPORIZE most enemies with ease.

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I’m playing a Thunderer but unfortunately I chose to concentrate more on Storm and add fewer points into Rune early, so I have not yet picked up dual wielding and as such I’m only getting typhon down to about a third health before he splatters me.
    Have to grind a few more levels to invest more into Rune before I can start Immortal Throne....... which I am really looking forward to. :D

quangvietnguyen and pathogen541 like this.
  15. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Understood, thank you.

16. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Immortal Throne is SO GOOD.

Aerion, quangvietnguyen and stubbieoz like this.
  17. quangvietnguyen

Feb 1, 2013
    Did you have trouble facing Typhon? Typhon smashed my Harbinger initially as I have little defense when focusing on Dream mastery tree. May be there was a problem with my build back then :(. I had to switch to the good ol' Battle Standard for the win. Battle Standard + Ancestral Horn just shreds bosses man.

pathogen541 likes this.
  18. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Actually dude, I struggled BIG time with Typhon. I cheesed him to be honest. My strategy was to use scrolls of frenzy, and get in what hits I could so I could when he wasn’t using his DEVASTATING meteor attack. That shit will wreck you so fast, so you have to move quick. The frenzy scroll gives you the attack speed to pull this off, and really cranks the DPS through the roof. I invested heavily in the Nightmare pet, and it does do some good continuous damage but only if you’ve really dumped some points in to it.

I get in enough hits for Psionic Touch to proc, run while he usually casts his meteor attack, and repeat as needed. I have to run in a circle at times, avoiding his attacks, slamming potions till full health and then running back in. I used the shrines scattered around to help, but even then, they only do so much. I use Phantom Streak, Distort Reality, and Distortion Wave as often as I can, and slam mana potions just the same. I died 4 times even with this strategy. He’s hard as hell. Easily the most difficult boss in the normal difficulty I’ve fought thus far. I straight MELTED hades. Just keep trying and eventually you’ll get him.

And prepare yourself, because Immortal Throne is SICK.

quangvietnguyen likes this.
  19. quangvietnguyen

Feb 1, 2013
    Actually I'm currently in Legendary act 1. I still have PTSD from those deaths facing Typhon in Normal act 3 though :D. Interesting strategy from you indeed, I'll have never use Psionic Touch for Harbinger before because I have always thought that Onslaught from Warfare mastery is superior. Now I may have to consider another option though as I am quite afraid to face Typhon in Legendary. It's like nightmare all over again lol. In normal difficulty, I switched to battle standard and ancestral horn so I kind of destroyed Typhon quite easily but that combo is so traditional that's quite boring. May be that's the problem because I started with Warfare first so I picked Onslaught and to win, many of the most important skills should be in Warfare mastery. Now if you have picked Dream and build your character around Psionic Touch first, I can see that the it could be quite effective in its own.
    And yes, those monsters in Immortal throne are insane in all difficulties :)

pathogen541 likes this.
  20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I started the game again. I’m level 14 in the village of Tegea

think that’s in Megea. When I go all the way to the end of this level it’s like a dead end. I can’t seem to get to the next land

any tips on what to do ? Just seem stuck at the moment and unsure where to go

thanks