Universal Titan Quest: Legendary Edition (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Good feedback Pathogen, I second everything you wrote.

pathogen541 likes this.
  2. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Good choice for harbinger, that class should melt things quickly. Currently I have a level 51 Harbinger with 199% attack speed and it is insane

HG VAMPIRE and pathogen541 like this.
  3. Anduindoc

Anduindoc New Member

Feb 20, 2021
    Male
    Hi, first of all thanks for any kind of suggestion / advice you can provide.
    Then, straight to the point, I already have Titan Quest HD without any DLCs on iPad 2018 (no pro). I would like to know if it’s better to purchase the DLCs or go directly for the legendary edition. Do you see any differences on performance and future developers’ support? Additionally do you know if there is any stuttering / frame drop on this new version?
    Btw I think if I will buy the Legendary Edition I can still use save data on this new version, thus use my built character, isn’t it?
    Many thanks

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    1) Only differences between HD and LE (once you purchase all the DLCs in HD) are the icon and (presumably) the splash screen. Exact same game. If you need to own LE for some reason (like I did), go for it, but you're better off just sticking with the HD version since you've already got one foot in the door.
    2) No differences at all in performance (you can watch an idiotic comparison on 148apps where they compare these 2 versions instead of comparing the game pre- and post-update) and there's virtually no hiccups other than in very rare cases. Oh, and HandyGames have made it abundantly clear that both versions will be maintained moving forward.
    3) Cloud saves are common between the versions.

5. quangvietnguyen

Feb 1, 2013
    I just want to add a bit about performance issue. Most of the time the game works flawlessly, no hiccups, no heating issues. But I think there is a bug or something in the Atlantis saga, the game lags quite significantly even on iPhone 12.

6. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Given the challenges of this translation to mobile I'd love to see them offer a mastery respec option. I feel like I'm playtesting this thing.

7. quangvietnguyen

Feb 1, 2013
    You can always create an established level 40 character that you can experiment with. There is no access to any act prior to Ragnanok's content in Normal difficulty though

Son of Anarchy and pathogen541 like this.
  8. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Yes, there is for sure something going on with the Atlantis content and performance. I played through Typhoon (my Warden just melted him) and had flawless performance on the default settings with my iPad. Started Atlantis and it just stutters and crawled on the same settings. I did the challenge dungeon and actually had to turn down the settings a bit so it was playable. Something weird going on here.

I’ll for sure second the request to add in a touch targeting option for enemies. It’s REALLY hard to get your character to zero in on the right enemy and I can often run around in circles trying to get enough space between the melee and raged enemies so I can specifically target the mages.

But overall I must say... WOW!!! You guys did an absolutely amazing job with this release. Money very, very well spent in my opinion.

HG VAMPIRE and pathogen541 like this.
  9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'd like to take a second to thank HandyGames for giving us Titan Quest in all of its glory, while Blizzard have chosen to give mobile gamers the middle finger yet again and release Diablo II: Ressurected only on PC and consoles. Keep Immortal to yourselves, thanks very much.

squarezero, pathogen541, K0N3 and 2 others like this.
  10. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Logged in only to give your comment a like as I massively agree with everything you say. I would 100% recommend this to anyone (even with the flaws). There is nothing on mobile that comes close to the quality of this game and it’s playability.

If you can complete the game using just the touch controls, then you also have to admit that they work, even though they’re far from perfect.

I’m more than pleased in how HandyGames have improved this game over the DotEmu version and I’m confident that they’ll improve this game even further given enough time.

metalcasket and pathogen541 like this.
  11. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    #191 pathogen541, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    feels like a slap in the face in a lot of aspects. Luckily TQ is every bit as beefy and massive as it’s Blizzard counterpart so I don’t feel like I’m missing out not getting the Remaster on mobile.... but it does sting a bit.

And I agree, I’m not too thrilled about Diablo: Eternal. I’m worried it’s gonna be like every other f2p “ARPG” on the App Store, just with Blizzard aesthetics.

metalcasket likes this.
  12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I don't wanna derail this thread, but what kills me is that Immortal picks up where 2 left off and bridges the gap between Diablo 2 and 3. The remastered version of 2 is apparently a thing to get folks invested in Diablo Immortal before it's released...and yet...no mobile version? I mean, I get that you've stuck a 40 buck price-tag on the PC and console release and no one's going to pay that on mobile...but like...if people are willing to pay close to $20 for Titan Quest on mobile, that's proof that there's an audience for a premium Diablo (alongside Immortal) on mobile too.

pathogen541 likes this.
  13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I find the whole relationship between hardcore gamers and Diablo to be kind of bizarre. It’s like the boy who plays with GI Joe dolls but insists on calling them “action figures.” And to be clear, I think that’s the gist of it: Blizzard believes that it would sully the Diablo 2 brand in the eyes of the PC master class to release it on mobile. They’re afraid that once it comes to a phone,hardcore fans will actually notice that Diablo was really a casual CRPG, especially compared to the old SSI D&D games, the Ultimas, and the Baldur’s Gates.

What’s really bizarre is that they’re taking 3+ years to release Diablo Immortal, which pretty much guarantees it will not turn a profit and will end up shut down in 6-12 months. It the meantime, they could have ported the original Diablo II in a few months — heck, with the proper net code, I’m sure it will run well on a PC emulator. Add standard ARPG touch controls and controller support, sell it for $4.99 and make freaking mint on nostalgia alone.

Oh well. I’ll probably buy it for Switch.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Nothing to add to this. Spot on.

pathogen541 likes this.
  15. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Immortal sounds like it’s quite good and pretty F2P friendly. Diablo 2 has aged more than you think. So I’m honestly looking forward to Immortal more. Do I wish it was premium? Certainly. But if what I’ve been hearing is accurate, it may be awesome nonetheless.

For now, back to Titan Quest...

16. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    There are posts over on Steam about random poor performance issues with Atlantis.
    Looks like the bugs were ported to mobile as well.
    Lowering the graphic settings may help?

17. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    i honestly hope, above all, that Handy continues to build this out and make this THE ARPG to own on iOS. I mean, it really already IS, but it definitely needs a few things: Atlantis bugs squashed, controller support, improved targeting, at the VERY LEAST, LOCAL MULTIPLAYER, and maybe an alternative option for the skill hotbars.... I mean, it’s already an instant recommendation from me, but with these things, I think it would be even more so. K, I’m done fawning over TQ.... for now...

RpgN likes this.
  18. quangvietnguyen

Feb 1, 2013
    Lowering some graphics options seems to help but it is still quite noticeable. I do think that it is a bug in the original PC version. I reported it to HandyGames, hope that it will get fixed soon. However, the Atlantis content is not that strong imo as it is actually quite boring and the loots are not as good as Hades or Ragnarok content. It has the Tartarus endless mode though (frame rate bug included of course).

19. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    please contact our support. I did not heard of it yet but they can look into it more deeply.

quangvietnguyen likes this.
  20. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    you have my respect <3

Havelcek and pathogen541 like this.