Universal Titan Quest HD (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Touch controls are totally fine with this game.

I've got the older version from the other developer, annoying this is i'm like level 28 in that game but i presume theres no way at all of being able to transfer over my saved files. Be gutted having to start all over again !!

2. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    The controls aren't exactly bad, but the static control pad is the issue for me.

If it was a dynamic control pad (centred around wherever you place your thumb on the left-hand side) it would be so much easier. This is commonplace in other games. I would have thought this was something they could fix easily.

3. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Another update. I haven’t tested it yet but the list of fixes they’ve made are very important ones, including control fixes.

I used to love HandyGames in the old days, but then went off them. Their latest releases plus the care they are putting into Titan Quest are making me take notice again. I’m very impressed.

sakara214ever, Bantocks and anthony78 like this.
  4. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Looks like I got what I just asked for! Amazing, will download again and try it.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  5. Clyde Luxen

Clyde Luxen New Member

Jul 18, 2019
    Male
    #165 Clyde Luxen, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    so im doing the main quest to kill telkine, telkine's health is about half and all of sudden the app force closed, no message or anything pop up, at first i thought it just a one time thing, so i tried it again, and it force close again when i fight him
    am i the only one who experienced this?
    i liked this game a lot actually, its so sad that i might have to unistall the game because its not playable for me
    also, does the android version abandoned? i see the ios version and its already 1.0.9 version while android is still 1.0.1
    edit:
    about the force close, i tried to disabled things like "show monster lvl", "enable optional roll-overs", "enable item comparison", "display damage", and enabled "low graphics" and i didnt get force close anymore
    some of them sure prevent me from getting force close, but im not sure which one is the options, maybe disabling "display damage" did the trick? maybe someone could confirm if this option better to be turned off or not to prevent force close in the future?

6. badmojo101

badmojo101 New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    I just downloaded the HD version last month after playing the original iOS version extensively with all of its crashes and character wipes. I must’ve had at least 4 different 50+ Level toons. Sad to see all my characters gone but started working on another Guardian again, half way through epic at level 47. They have not fixed the crash issues yet but they did remove the iCloud save feature which was a huge headache trying to sync up my devices on the original. It seems like sometimes the game works for several hours of playtime and then sometimes it crashes every 5 mins. Lately it’s been crashing upon opening the app up. Not sure what the deal is, someone said a memory leak? I am gratified to see that the game remembers my experience attained regardless of a spontaneous crash, though the fog of war usually resets to a previous save. If it didn’t save my experience I might just /ragequit again. I’ll have to check for an App Store update.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I started again. Level 10 but really enjoying it again. Was annoying starting again but hell its an amazing game and great to have it on the phone

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    How do I get out of Megara ? Seemed to have gone round in a huge circle. Killed the cyclops etc

Any idea ?

9. Tristan73

Tristan73 New Member

Aug 16, 2019
    Male
    Just a quick note that Handy Games has given a price drop on Titan Quest HD from $6.99 down to $2.99, if you were on the fence about getting it before.

Version history shows 4 patch updates in the last two weeks alone, apparently they are serious about getting this game working perfectly. Many crashes fixed and system improvements!

anthony78 and jkluk23 like this.
  10. RisingOne

RisingOne Member

Jan 10, 2014
    I think I am going to buy this just because I am satisfied with their work on Battle Chasers.

11. Bantocks

Bantocks Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2013
    I bought it a while ago but still not played as waiting for mfi support.

12. downgrad3r

downgrad3r Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    I did the opposite. They sent me a courtesy code for their version of Titan Quest (since I had bought the DotEmu version previously), and I purchased Battle Chasers as a “thank you” of sorts. The level of support HandyGames continues to provide for both raises the bar for the platform.

13. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Same here.

14. Mumumomo

Mumumomo Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Hi,
    I already own the dotEmu version and i have a few questions regarding this one :
    - typhon is bugged in dotEMu (he does not uses any attack apart from his breath and basic attack) and therefore is a pushover. Is this fixed?
    - all the pets are also bugged in dot emu : their life is the same i normal/epic and legendary difficulty while it should scale. This makes them unplayable past normal difficulty. Is this fixed?
    - is there any plan to bring IT in a future update?

Thanks

15. Thebmaster888

Thebmaster888 New Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Male
    None of the iOS Gamecenter achievements seem to be popping. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

16. Quicksand

Quicksand New Member

May 12, 2019
    Male
    On sale for $2. Why not. It’s a shame that when you buy a game you don’t also buy the time to play it. Looks good though.

bx59 likes this.
  17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Not a big hack and slash fan or haven’t been on iOS anyway. But took a look because of the sale, it just says this is the same buggy game that isn’t optimised for iPhone X?

18. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    no it's not. It's still a little buggy but has full screen on iPhone X. Other than some minor stuttering, this works fine but I would love to have the immortal throne expansion

19. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Best comment I’ve seen lately.

jkluk23 and Quicksand like this.
  20. I bought around 100 aa and other 200 of less aa tittles. But I can't buy time. I guess I am more of a collector now than player.

stubbieoz and Quicksand like this.