Universal Titan Quest HD (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I just played the game again.
    It plays really good and looks supurb on the big iPad Pro.
    I just can’t bring myself to play it for long without the Immortal Throne expansion. It just added so much to the basic game, just like LoD did to Diablo II.
    I would gladly pay the full purchase price again if they ever released the expansion on iOS.

2. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Deleted, double post.

3. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    This game always had a crashing problem after about an hour of play, something to do with a memory leak. Does it still crash randomly?

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    no crashes here on iPhone 6S iOS 12.1

5. ForestCrunk

ForestCrunk Active Member

Mar 30, 2016
    I contacted Handy Games regarding the future of this game. My 3 main problems (not including the the semi-regular crashing) are the controls (it desperately needs tap to move/attack/loot instead of virtual stick in order for the game to play like it’s supposed to), lack of co-op multiplayer (that’s a huge part of this game), and of course, no expansions. I was basically told that it would be to much time and trouble to remedy the first two problems, and a maybe there’s a slight chance that they might possibly add some of the expansion perhaps if it’s not too much trouble. How hard could it be? If DotEmu was able to port (most of) the game as well as the did considering how small they are (were?) and not affiliated with THQ-Nordic in any way. Why can’t this new team, who is part of the THQ family, finish the game? It makes absolutely no sense to me. I guess they’re too busy making sheep simulators (really?) and top-down Shump games (because there’s there’s not nearly enough of those out there), instead of finishing the last 10% of one of the best Arpgs of all time. Maybe they just hate huge piles of money considering the lack of quality Arpgs on iOS and how much they would rake in if this game played like it’s supposed to. Or maybe it’s because they know when Diablo Mobile comes out, no one will really care about this game anymore except for the diehard fans. And they’ve already duped us into buying multiple copies, so why put anymore time or effort into it. I guess in the end it’s a financial decision, why put resources into Titan Quest when you could just let it rot away into obscurity, and then you can focus on more important games like Clouds & Sheep and Clouds & Sheep 2.

raravan likes this.
  6. ForestCrunk

ForestCrunk Active Member

Mar 30, 2016
    I totally agree.

7. Sniplol

Sniplol Member

Jan 6, 2018
    For your informations guys and to make you realize the bullshit that these editors are telling us:
    I managed in 6 hours, alone and with a jailbroken device, to make all the TitanQuest anniversary edition modification to skills, creature and items work in the OS version. How?
    They used the same structure as the PC version. All I did was to take the database.arz from the pc version and replace the one in the device. Of course a lot of things doesn’t work but the 6 hours were used to fix things. I even managed to fix a lot of things they forgot or still not fixed in the PC version.
    Long story short I can’t get the dream and rune mastery because I would need to be able to edit the UI but din’t Know how to do and for the expansion to work I would need a bit of coding and il not a coder. Artefact drop but as there is not the Inventory UI I cant have them.
    If you guys want I wil’ Upload the database.arz so you will enjoy AE skills and items update as well as new set and monsters update.
    So you see my point? 1 guys and 6 hours time on the PC editor and I managed to do 50% of there job.
    Don’t you think that 2-3 experienced programmers shouldn’t be able to make it happen in a week?
    I’m even sure that some experienced TTQ modders would do a better job than me.
    For unknown reason they just don’t want it to happen and it’s a shame.i would gladly pay 20€ for the app to get the full immortal throne or Ragnarok version on IOS as long as I can play it offline.
    That’s what piss me off in today gaming industry. Nobody try to make game with love anymore. They just through buggy unfinished scam things to players to cash out.
    I wish I was more talented or had more time to do it myself because I really figured out exploring the game files that upgrading the IOS version to ragnarok edition only require:
    To adapt the UI.
    A bit of coding
    Resizing all texture. (Not a big deal)

8. Sniplol

Sniplol Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Don’t believe me? Here a screenshot of ravage of time fixed on iOS version...
    Told you. Lazy ass they are.. and not skilled enough am I. If I could do it I would gladly f**k them by releasing the necessary files for free on internet

Attached Files:

9. SismoTerrier

SismoTerrier New Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Male
    I bought this for my laptop and it was buggy and crashed. And, I know that the previous versions released for IOS have been buggy and they have crashed. I just saw on the App store that an update has been released that purports to fix some of the bugs. Has anyone played with the new update and what do you think? I am really interested in this game but I don't want to waste my money.

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    So update but still no iPhone X support?

11. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Nope, no X support. I've pretty much given up hope. Maybe if a lot of people bug them on Twitter about it or something? https://twitter.com/handy_games

12. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    So still no point to buy the game right? No mfi i guess too?

13. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Really weird, i remember articles crossing several apple coverage sites stating after march app update submissions would be rejected if they didn’t support the new pro iPads (2018) and the notched phones.

14. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I believe it was just that it had to be playable on the device - not necessarily full screen

15. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    -pokes the mobile game with a stick-

PC just got the Atlantis DLC

-keeps poking titan quest hd-

16. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I emailed the devs. They said they are having issues with the notch to make it X compatible but still have not ruled it out. :(

17. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The pc version is the Titan Quest Anniversary edition.
    Sadly the mobile is just a port of the original Titan Quest.

Now, if they would port the Anniversary edition to mobile.........

Cinot, Aurelien.L and Taeles like this.
  18. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    It’s on sale for $2.99...

19. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Once bitten, twice shy. I have the version from 2 publishers ago. I briefly hovered when I saw the price drop and then remembered they can ram the game up their collective fudge tunnel. ;)

sharfaust likes this.
  20. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Talk about some lazy devs. They are not getting a single penny from me.