Universal Titan Quest HD (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Nope :(.

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Then no rebuy from me!

3. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Hm.. on HandyGames website it is said that HG is a THQ Nordic family group

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It’s on the copyright notice on their App Store page.

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #85 Gwarmaxx, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    needs a rebuy?????

wow, what a dirty move if it comes from the same group!

there's people that purchased it 3 times (included this one)... is it normal? :D
    hope not all the devs out there starting to use this dirty trick to sell more copies...

6. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I would like to purchase it again if they add the first expansion later.

If there’s no new contents in the future, I would like to play the game on PC instead.

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Damn, this whole situation is dirty. The last version that existing owners already had to rebuy once was barely even available for 6 months, and received NO updates. Now they have the balls to release it yet again as "Titan Quest HD" and yet it's the exact same game. Not even iPhone X support. What exactly is "HD" about this version?

I just hope that it going to HandyGames means it will finally once again be under active development and all the fixes and extra content we've been dreaming about will eventually come our way.

raravan, Dailon80 and sebgo like this.
  8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I'm not buying it again... Maybe if it's 1$ on sale or something... but I already bought this once and got ripped off
    so no thanks

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  9. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    A third time? Seriously? Why? Help me understand this... I really hope they are hiding something special under the hood, otherwise we are ALL getting ripped off......multiple times.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Bought it twice. Not again. Won’t buy anything from THQ again

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    New publisher, same old game, do not buy it again.
    Worth keeping an eye on it though. They might, just maybe, perhaps, actually do something with it.

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    People need to email Handygames and THQ about this since they are under the same umbrella. They need to send codes or something to rectify this. Absolutely ridiculous.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #93 psj3809, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Well it works on iPhone XS - the Nordic version didn’t but it’s not full screen. The last version didn’t work. I can’t import my old game though so which is frustrating.

Edit - 1 star review left. They’re taking the biscuit to put it politely

This is worse than the Bioshock fiasco. Well done to TA for the news item

14. ForestCrunk

ForestCrunk Active Member

Mar 30, 2016
    I bought this originally for PC about 12 years ago. I really like this game so naturally I bought it the first time it came out for mobile. I gladly would have bought it the second time around if they made any attempt to fix some bugs and add some updates. I might buy it this time around if they fix the controls (tap to move would be preferable than joystick in this type of game, that way you can target certain enemies, kite, etc.) and add the expansions that have been out for over 10 years. But seeing as it gets a new publisher every few months, I’m gonna pass. I’ve haven’t seen such a well loved title be treated with such indifference since EA botched the Skate series (anyone remember Skate mobile, it would have been awesome if it didn’t crash every 10 seconds and ultimately lead to the death of the entire series). I would be very interested in hearing why TQ is being treated with such disdain and why THQ is acting like it has a very expensive drug habit and will do just about anything for a quick buck. All that said, it’s still the best Diablo clone on mobil (and one of the best Arpgs of all time) at least until Diablo Mobile comes out. I’m hanging all my hopes and dreams on that for now, don’t screw it up Blizzard.

15. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I am.looking for suckers who purchased this 3 times. I want to be your friend

16. Luxor1968

Luxor1968 Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Rather shady in a very obvious way. I payed for the second version and will NOT be giving these shysters more money!

17. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Wait for the following announcement from Blizzard......... “Diablo comes to mobile complete with a fantastic, innovative, customer friendly feature.
    We call it....... The Auction House!”

:p

18. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Holy **it, this is a record and a new low!

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Same here

20. odi0n

odi0n Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Wow!

This was released on the Nintendo Switch, controller support, multiplayer.

They release on iOS 3rd time, with none of the above, and want previous supporters to pay? Thanks for calling them out TA: https://toucharcade.com/2018/11/07/titan-quest-released-yet-again/

Hey publisher, that’s a scumbag move.

They probably knew about Immortals announcement (inside industry knowings) and the constant online murrmurs of Titan and Diablo similarities. They figured they release right about time of Immortals announcement. (Wave train)

Even if this theory is far fetched - no matter how you dice it, this is scumbag move, and attests potential state of their finances, as if relying on this one game to save them. This reeks desperation.

I will not support this lazy organization. People - speak with your wallets. Good luck.