Universal Titan Quest HD (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Here's hoping they give a reply. Both releases also have exactly the same description, to the letter.

2. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    This game crashed constantly. Unless it's been significantly cleaned up and bug-fixed (which I'm 99% sure it hasn't been) then I'm not touching it.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Not much to be honest. Didnt crash once, joystick was the same 'i think'. To be fair my last game in the old version i was only level 7, already got to level 4 so not too bad.

Must admit i've missed this game, nice hack n slash type of game. Frustrating i had to buy it again but these things happen. Hopefully this one will get updated in the future as the Dot emu one obviously wasnt.

But no crashes at all for me (iphone 7)

4. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    That's great to hear! I hope everything got fixed with this release, and they continue to support the app. Also, I hope they update it for the X AND add the IT xpac.

5. RazvanClau

RazvanClau Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I’ve got a refund before it was initially pulled from the store :).

I wasn’t foretelling anything. I was just frustrated with the crashes on the iPad Mini 4. Crashes aside, I think this is the only “real” action rpg on mobile. It is complex, it is frustratingly long and it looks good after all these years. It is worth the price but they need to make it more stable. Also, the expansions wouldn’t hurt although I never even came close to finishing the game, neither on IOS or on PC.

You know what game would also be great on IOS? Dungeon Siege, the original one. Given the auto attack and simplified controls, it would be a breeze to play on an iPad.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I always liked Dungeon Siege better than Diablo (I know, heresy). Would love to see it on mobile. It was originally published by Microsoft, but it did come out on MacOS as well.

Glad to have Titan back. And as psj wrote, these things happen.

7. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    If they release Immortal Throne this will be an instant repurchase for me.
    Otherwise...not worth the drive space. The expansion just makes the whole game so much better.

8. ForestCrunk

ForestCrunk Active Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Hopefully optimistic

I’m gonna contact THQ and see what’s up. If they fix the crashing, tighten up the targeting, and add the expansions, I’ll buy this again. I still have the other version on my iPad. I’ll fire it up occasionally but end up closing it rather quickly after being frustrated with the sloppy implementation. Seeing as it’s THQ in charge of it this time, hopefully they’ll make it right. Although, the abysmal PS4 launch of this game doesn’t really fill me with a whole lot of confidence. But since there are no REAL arpg's(of the Diablo variety) on iOS, I gotta remain hopeful, at least until Tourchlight comes out (assuming they don’t make it a F2P nightmare like the other so called “arpg’s” on iOS).

9. RazvanClau

RazvanClau Member

Sep 4, 2017
    #29 RazvanClau, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    I know the feeling.

To be honest, I’ve never liked Diablo that much.

I had invested 50 hours into it. I had never finished it. I had started, gave up, started again and so on. It got way too repetitive and playing five hours just to get a few more skill points to invest was not fun for me.

I had tried to finish it. I had really tried. Yet, I had failed to see the point in the end.

On the other side, Dungeon Siege was fun. It wasn’t a great game by any measure but it was fun to play. There was that feeling of overwhelming power when you and your group would enter in a dungeon and empty it with zero input from your side. With a healer, a tank, a DPS and maybe a second mage, the game would play by itself, requiring control only during boss fights.

This sounds lazy, especially when taking into account games like Lineage that actually play by themselves but it wasn’t. Dungeon Siege was a hard game. You needed to know what you were doing and you could move forward only if you had a good built and a good team setup.

Plus, while the story was cheesy as hell, I had found it more enjoyable than Diablo. In Dungeon Siege, cliches and alls, at least there was something happening. In Diablo you’d get a piece of new lore ever five hours of play.

Too bad that the series went to hell later. I had tried the newer games and there was something missing.

I would gladly pay $19.97 for Dungeon Siege 1 + expansions on the iPad. It is one of the few games that are casual enough to work well with touch controls while complex enough to pose a challenge. Unfortunately, I don’t see Microsoft wasting time launching mobile ports anytime soon. I can’t even play Rise of Nations on Mac, a game I’d gladly buy now too.

10. dominici

dominici Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Librarian
    Australia
    If you bought the previous one by DotEmu, then you can re-download it through “purchases” under the update tab - that’s what I just did. As others have said, if this is the same old same old, then no point in buying it unless they update it.

And +1 for Dungeon Siege on iOS!

11. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    Dont buy it!!

This game support nothing ... i mailed them and never get an answer.

This game dont working on ios 11 and iphone x
    Crashing and many bugs cant save the game ..
    Dont waste ur money .. i did bought it again and this nordic same shit like dotemu fck them

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Just FYI, you can still download the old Titan Quest from your purchased history. There doesn’t seem to have been any updates to the game so I see no point in paying again.
    Maybe if they start updating to address the numerous crash / glitch concerns...

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Clalm down and stop swearing like an idiot. If it crashes just contact Apple to get your money back. I’m sure they’ll have updates in the future.

Where do I see the progress for the next level ? Cant seem to see it

14. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    It’s the green bar at the bottom

15. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    This!
    I redownloaded on Friday and have been playing solidly since then. Loved this originally and I still love it now.
    I had some crashes in the first couple of hours but when I turned off iCloud sync, it seemed to help a lot.
    Now if only they’d update.....and I believe there was an expansion on the PC version

16. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Look at this devs apps, just about nothing works in iOS 11. So I’ll assume their support is poor. Think we will see nothing from these guys!!

17. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    The cloud save issue sounds like the exact same problem I had with the original iOS release of Titan quest (turning it off solves many problems). So is this the EXACT same app?

DotEmu put out the first one, but it is no longer available on the App Store (still in purchases as others have said, but for how long?). So did the rights just revert to THQ and they put out the exact same app without a single line of code changed (probably just the intro company graphic changed) and charging full price for it again?

18. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Looks like it. Seems like a Red flag for this company. And if they don’t improve anything, I’ll treat them the way I treat anything Gameloft ie. stay away, far far away.

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Have any of you researched who THQ is? They recently released the Immortal Throne on the switch. DOT was just the company that ported this.

We may actually see the xpansions. Which DOT never had any plans of completing.

20. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Yes i know who THQ is, as I’ve played Titan Quest before on PC way back when there was no sign of D3. I also played and finished Immortal Throne at that time (the fight against Charon was wicked). It’s just disappointing that they released and re sell the same game as what was ported by DotEmu without fixing anything.