Universal Titan Quest (By DotEmu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Ran fine on mine. No issue.

2. HankHowdy

HankHowdy Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Forgive me if this has been covered. I'm on legendary and whenever I'm in the middle of a fight with the hydra my iPad Mini 2 crashes. The app freezes and then resets. Very frustrating. I like to beat ever single monster before I move on to another area. I might have to pass this one up until an update is pushed out.

3. HankHowdy

HankHowdy Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Anybody still playing this. I'm in the last mountain in legendary. My level 60 Ranger just wasn't up to it. I'm going back to Greece and Egypt to find better gear.

I was so close. Lol.

4. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Still playing but starting from scratch. My save game got bugged when I turned on iCloud save (hoping it would save to the cloud lol, while I restored my device). I couldn't pull my previous save game so to not get frustrated, i'm also making a new class

5. HankHowdy

HankHowdy Member

Sep 13, 2016
    What class did you have before and what are you using now?

I am very fustrated with this game since the pets don't get buffed in legendary. I really want to use the wolves with my Ranger.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yep it practically limits you to a few classes because who wants to play for hours on end just to find out you arent strong enough for higher difficulty modes.

7. HankHowdy

HankHowdy Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Finally Finished The Game!

Ranger lvl 61 no pets. They are worthless in legendary especially in the orient. The key for me to get through the mountain was to have call of the hunt on the entire time, so I had to have refresh working all the time.

After the mountain Olympus is a breeze.

Going to start another character with another class maybe. Not to sure what to try next.

This game was well worth the 7.99 I paid.

Time played 5:23:55 total deaths 149.

8. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I had wolves on mine and they were fine. The buff aura they give was the main benefit but I also felt they were semi decent tanks.

9. HankHowdy

HankHowdy Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Not the case with me. They die way too easy. It's cool. I didn't need them anyway.

I just started a new character. Hunter/Rogue.

10. Charlaje

Charlaje New Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Melee vs casters

Here's the thing

I played warfare, defence, hunter, rogue, or any combination of classes that allows me to leave my thumb on auto-attack. Onslaught, marksmanship etc skills that the game will let you use as a default attack like the pc version, left-click auto attack.

Now I want to play a caster, elementalist but not ternion spirit build. Basically I want to do a Ice shard or flame surge caster as main attack but I have to use the 4-slot skill buttons to achieve that, which we all know is not responsive.

Any way to bind any skill you want as the default main attack?

11. HankHowdy

HankHowdy Member

Sep 13, 2016
    I've never had a caster.

12. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    So do the devs even care about this game anymore? Been months with no new updates, fixes, etc.

13. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Whats there to update? The game was made as a standalone thing. They said there were no plans for the expansion so that's basically it.

14. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Things like bugs and UI issues more than anything.

15. HankHowdy

HankHowdy Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Fixing pet buffs would be nice. V stick lag and random crashes should be fixed too.

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    With you on pet buffs plus I would kill to have expansion just saying.

17. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Is there a fix for my inputs stopping to register? I'll randomly be doing something when out of nowhere I can't do anything. I have to hit the home button and re-open the app to get it to work.

18. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Tough to say if that's the plan. That would take resources and time. This was a one and done game, no servers, no persistent world to maintain. Just a buy it and there it is kind of thing. Even with bugs it's the best (and only) true arpg Diablo-like on iOS.

19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Sorry but even though it may be the best in that category, this is one of DotEmu's worst ports. Controls aren't responsive enough, glitches, random crashes and then the bug mentioned above about it totally freezing and requiring force closing after a home button press.

The game isn't expensive but it isn't a F2P game either. Just some basic fixes to make it more playable should be expected IMO.

Resources and time should be factored in when releasing a big port like this.

20. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Well it did just go on sale. Probably doesn't mean anything though.