Universal Titan Quest (By DotEmu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Just realised I need to not just add skill points to the general area but also to each individual skill. I had assumed that when they lit up they were available...

2. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Can you play multiplayer on this version?

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    iPhone6 is very slightly faster than iphone6+

So if imagine if it works ok on ip6+, then it be fine on ip6

4. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Stutters in framerate solved after soft reset. Casting spells however are not that responsive. Gameplay is amazing

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Moving a game like this over to mobile was never going to be an easy task.
    If like me you played this originally on the pc then it takes some time to get used to the new mobile UI. But it does work and does a pretty damn good job of it, considering the restrictions of a touch interface. For me the graphics look sensational, on an iPad Pro.
    I've only played for a couple of hours but so far this is an excellent port. There appears to be a slight lag in using the action button when also tapping on a skill icon but I am not sure if it is the game or just me getting used to the controls.
    This has to be voted as the best action hack n' slash rpg on the iOS system to date.

If you are a gamer that whinges about freemeium games, and mobile games not being hardcore enough and how you would support premium games that are worth it, then the time has come.....shut up and pay up!

6. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Never played the original. Is this a game where...tap away to kill monster...later run into more powerful monster but you've upgraded your junk so once again...same tap away to kill monster. Rinse and repeat.

A lot of these games are like this...you realize towards the end you're basically doing the exact same thing you've done since the beginning. Just with longer health bars on both sides and more sparks and flames.

Is this game like this as I don't want to invest the time if it is.

Thx.

7. silfvertheman

silfvertheman Member

Mar 25, 2016
  8. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    First: Many people enjoy it's story, it's a singleplayer based game
    Second: Can you find me a game closer with PC RPG games like this game and this cheap on iOS. I just thought about like Baldur's Gate 2 with 10 bucks, Implosion,... (really not sure it can be compare to game like Titan Quest) and tons of F2P RPG with ton of IAP and paywall

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    My new favourite icon...

10. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    It's been a whileeee since something has been released that I've been interested in.. Definitely purchasing this

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    You have pretty much summed up the basic gameplay of every single digital game ever produced, expecially rpg's.

Yes this game is just that...start off weak and fight weak enemies, get stronger and fight stronger monsters, get real tough and fight real tough monsters...etc.

But it's the journey on the way...the level ups and what stats to pick, deciding the items to keep and the items to discard, the skills to choose over the skills that will no longer be available, the enemies that require a different attack stragety, the exploration and the new areas to uncover, the loot.....oh the precious loot....and so on.

Titan Quest is a classic hack n' slash game not much different from Diablo 2 or Sacred 2 for that matter.

If that doesnt get your juices flowing then this game ain't for you my friend.

12. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    First things first, so far this looks like a good port of an excellent game. Among all the Diablo-esque ARPGs I've played on PC, this was one of the few noteworthy ones that actually stood out. Some die-hard Diablo II fans like Titan Quest more than Diablo III. Unfortunately, the expansion Immortal Throne doesn't seem to be included (I wouldn't mind buying that later as an IAP though).

The port works well on my 9.7" iPad Pro and I also tried it out on my iPhone 6, where it's also very playable with very minor UI issues (a few small "close" buttons that were hard to hit etc., if you play on a small phone screen it's nothing you're not used to anyway). OTOH, on my iPad the font size is maybe a bit too large, especially for loot labels. Graphics wise, it still looks better than many mobile-exclusive games.

All in all, I'm very happy with how Titan Quest plays on my iPad. But of course I have some issues too:

- I used a bow for a bit, and while the autotargeting works nicely most of the time, early on I came across a camp with satyrs and target dummies. The autotargeting somehow loves the target dummies and my character, when in range of one, often turned around to shoot the dummy instead of the horde of actual enemies approaching on the other side of the screen.

- The big action button changes to the hand when you can interact or pick something up. This is fine most of the time, but sometimes when some loot drops near me and I have the loot display enabled, I'll randomly stop fighting and start picking up loot until I move away because the button changes what it does in the middle of the fight. This is super annoying and I wish the button would just not change for loot at all, because I can tap the loot itself on iPad if I want to pick it up. (On smaller displays this may be harder, so maybe it could be an option.)

- The game uses cloud saves, but when I opened my save on my iPhone I got a random older version (about one quest behind what I'd last saved on iPad). This may or may not be the old iCloud being garbage issue, but I would love to be able to manually copy files from and to the cloud like some games allow you to do. While iCloud can still mess this up, at least you don't end up with *random* saves.

13. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Just risking bought the game, the game can run perfectly without GC :D

14. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hoping a mfi support >_<

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow man I cant believe how awesome this game is so far! I mean finally we have a Diablo like game worth writing home about #

16. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    There something wrong in your phone, because I played 2 hours straight on my iPhone 6 and never got a frame drop or a stutter. Also, the zooming is proportional to how far or close you move your fingers in the pinch gesture. I'm not experiencing your zoom-all-in / zoom-all-out you describe.
    Something in the background must be stealing CPU time from the game.
    Is your phone jailbroken?

17. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Not that I remember. You just get to select your secondary mastery and you are given the usual 3 skill points to spend.

18. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    The game does have stuttering issues even on iPhone 6s.

19. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Confirm stuttering (mini 2)

20. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    I'm not having a single hiccup. The game feels it was developed for the iPhone 6 hardware.
    Users having frame drops must be having some background task that's hitting on the CPU. This game needs every bit of COU power ad if something else is using it, the game will suffer.