Universal Titan Quest (By DotEmu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Anyone have early class/skill suggestions? I usually prefer ranged dps types, especially bow.

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    What's with the desire for controller support, not just with this game but many others as well?

I associate controllers to console gaming, staring at a 60 inch 4K TV. i think the controller would take away from the whole "mobile experience".. Atleast in my eyes.

Easy to say when I have never used a controller to play a game on an iPhone but I certainly would be "the guy" laughing at "the guy" playing a mobile game with a controller on his/her SE while anywhere public. : )

3. There's a little + on the price in the App Store, which usually means it's universal.

4. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    How big is install please?

5. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    It plays well enough on iPad mini 2. The frame rate leaves a tad to be desired but certainly above servicible in my opinion. Thrilled to have this, can't say enough about it. It looks great too!

6. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    1.3gb

7. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Hush.

8. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Frame drops and stutters on iphone 6 at times. Attacking doesn't feel smooth and walking neither. When zooming out in character menu you automaticly zoom in once fully zoomed out. Bit of a shame on an otherwise great port

9. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Just got through playing. And for those 10-15 minutes I actually forgot I was playing on a moble device. I was that immersed. I was taken back to the days of playing an oldschool hack n slash rpg on my PC. I'm glad they included a pinch to zoom feature for those of us on phones.

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(iPad Pro - iPad Air 2 - iPhone 6s+ - iPhone 6s)​

11. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Waited this for so long ,pressed the buy button ,then only realize its not compatible with iphone 5 ....

12. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Hope they release Diablo as I prefer the setting/theme of Diablo more... Not that keen on Greek/mythological... But I will still get it and play it

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I have no idea why that happens sometimes. The appinfo stuff pulls info automatically directly from iTunes, so if it's Universal in iTunes it should be labeled as Universal here on the forums. Will see if I can ask someone to look into it, I'll add Universal to the title for now.

Oh man I totally get why you asked this question and have wondered similar things in the past but let's please not turn this thread into a controller debate :)

14. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm loving this, plays well on my iPad Air, though the opening video did stutter. I also don't find the Ui very responsive when tapping menus, loot etc, have to tap a few times, and the movement doesn't feel as tight as it could do. Still, nothing game breaking, still a joy to play!

15. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    This is probably a bit off topic, but for me, I use a controller with my iPad, a PXN Speedy. I don't use a controller with my iPhone. I feel that it's a lot easier to play games that require a lot of quick coordination between movement and some sort of button (think like GTA or a dual stick shooter like Geometry Wars 3) with a controller than on the touch screen, and that feeling has been magnified since getting the big iPad Pro. I certainly can make do without one, and if the game has well designed touch controls, not having controller support isn't mandatory. So far I'm finding that Titan Quest's touch controls are so good that I haven't been worried about not being able to use a controller.

16. ekziled7

ekziled7 Active Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Forgetting how masteries work... Anyone know when/if the second mastery opens up also is there the ability to respec??

17. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    That's fair, and I should have finished my thought. I find that games are designed (or in this case ported) to have a touch friendly interface. I've never picked up an iOS game, this one included, that I felt I needed a controller for or it would be a "deal breaker" if support wasn't added.

Regardless, enjoying this so far and I hope that it one day may see multiplayer... Preferably after summer so I can see some sunlight.

With respect to price... I love premium, it's my preferred pay model but I would have liked to pay more for this title. I see games selling for much more with limited content, limited replay value and full of bugs and would happily pay more for a finished product like this.

Hopefully once you get some traction there can be a mild price increase to reward early adopters, increase ROI and fund expansions.

Awesome stuff and I (and I hope others) will leave positive reviews.

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I think the last time we had a real premium hack-and-slash dungeon crawler was Dungeon Hunter 2. This game should absolutely slay the charts. That's enough out of me, gonna go buy it now...

19. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    About pricing, buy one or two for friends if you want to support a dev.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So is there classes, if so which ones?