tired of seeing across age topics

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sdmiracle, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The first posts developers make on the forums are usually threads for their existing games or upcoming games. We want to make the TouchArcade forums as conducive to this kind of thing as possible... Not register, need to figure out how to apply to the developer usergroup, wait to get approved, then post their thread. I don't think jumping through all those hoops is worth it to appease the four people who are irritated by Across Age threads.

2. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Bravo!

3. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    lol i didn't thought there are so many people interested in this question.
    May be my english is bad, but the quote above is what i want to say.
    i didn't mean that the game need hold the player's hands and tell them exactly what to do, but at least give the players a lead or an idea what to do next. If the game is well executed, there shouldn't be so many problem asking on forums. For example phoenix wright, sometime i might be stuck a little but i can solve it out every time at last, without looking for walkthrough on the internet.

i also don't see the situation apply on zenonia or inotia, final fantasy and chaos rings. In someone's opinion, are those games not challenging enough and made them a bad game?

and btw i really shouldn't complain on across age because i didn't own it. my bad.
    but i am really curious why do this only happens to across age. Doesn't this smell something fishy? but whatever, may be it's just me.

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Besides the other reasons Hodapp outlined, requiring someone to have x number of posts before being able to create a thread will only result in spamming posts to inflate their post count to the right number. I have already seen a rise in spammers with links in their signatures to websites, products, etc, just posting nonsensically in popular threads - or even the top 5 threads on the front page at the moment - just to peddle their wares.

So, I am not sure why this debate is even happening, but if we understand that anyone can join the community for as long a period as they wish, it is open to all no matter their skill or level of gaming ability, then we can be tolerant of new posters that either choose to stick to one thread, make mistakes and make new ones or what have you. I already gave a couple of other games that have attracted new users of late, so its not just Across Age.

I mean look at the Graal thread or any of the MMO add me threads - I bet you wouldn't recognize 90% of them because they stick to their little niches and just because they have more than one post does that make them any different?

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    The reason you don't see the same thing happening with those games is because Final Fantasy I and II are direct ports which have available walkthroughs on the web, or guidebooks even. Chaos Rings has specific questions and an active board on GameFaqs, Zenonia has a help board at Gamevil, Inotia on GameFaqs.

Across Age however, as mentioned by at least a couple of us only has here for lost souls to come for help.

Sorry for the double post...

6. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    So you aren't tired of countless, pointless threads in the wrong forum over stuff already answered in the help theads???

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    If its in the wrong section, a mod can move it. Thats what they are there for. If it's already been answered, then someone could link to the answers or just answer it themselves.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This phenomenon isn't unique to Across Age, and it's why we have forum moderators.

9. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    I know this isn't just across age, I have been here for what seems like forever (not saying that's a bad thing) and I still get tired of people asking what they should buy when there is a mass thread stickied on the forum, but the admins should find some way to control this besides moving it.

10. mrholder

mrholder Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Across Age boasts a Zelda like experience. Try zelda sometimes without following a walkthrough. No in-game guidance whatsoever. I'm really enjoying Across Age, and yes, I've had to get help directly from FDG in a spot or two. I also own an android device, and I have zelda loaded on it. The memories started flooding back for sure.

11. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    This thread is so ironic...

12. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    [​IMG]

Whats that? A scroll wheel?