Universal Tip & Tumble - Route finding logic puzzle

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Idle Complexities, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Idle Complexities

Idle Complexities Active Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Just a polite introduction.. Hi everybody!

We are a small two-person company based in Oxfordshire, UK, and will soon be launching our new iOS App. We'll post a few promo' codes once it's live as we'd really appreciate some good honest feedback.

What it is: A collection of logical 'brain teaser' puzzles, with (we think) cute 3d graphics.
    What it's not: An action based game.
    What it's not: A balancing or dexterity puzzle, don't be misled by appearances.

The rule is quite simple. The balls will only roll in a straight line, and you can't start another move until all balls have come to rest. Here's a preview of the App's tutorial, to illustrate....

The tutorial puzzles are of course trivially easy, as they should be. But there's 90 puzzles in all, graded Easy/Medium/Hard, and some of the 'hard' puzzles are very difficult indeed.

We've tried to provide useful and fun features, like the ability to watch an 'action replay' after solving a puzzle. Attached are a couple of specific puzzle examples.

'The Rescue' isn't actually particularly hard compared to some, I (the developer) can do it in 38 moves, I just think it's fun to solve. So much that the novelty hasn't worn off despite having dutifully solved it over and over again during the many months, more than I care to admit, in development!

'Transformation' is another favourite. I find it very difficult indeed, in fact it is one of several that I have never actually managed to solve. Our designer, Andrea Gilbert (who some may know of from 'click mazes'), has shown me that it is possible, and I have a copy of her solution sequence, but I still can't solve it without her help.

Attached Files:

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This looks pretty cool. It looks like touch controls is that right?

3. Idle Complexities

Idle Complexities Active Member

Dec 10, 2014
    By default, it's swipe the tray to tilt it.

We also included a mode setting whereby tilting the device causes the tray to tilt and some of our testers like that. We prefer swipe, but the choice is there.