TinyRPG for Apple Watch Announcement

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Prrrpl, Sep 16, 2020.

?

Are you interested!

Poll closed Sep 23, 2020.
  1. Yes indeed!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maybe...

100.0%
  3. Nope.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Prrrpl

Prrrpl New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Hi everybody,

Today we announced the release date of TinyRPG: a JRPG for Apple Watch where your real life movement increases your in-game stats. Check it out:

The game is mainly being developed by me, Emiel Kampen (Prrrpl). I'm helped out with promo-art (Sonja van Vuure) and video from freelancers (Daan vd. Brink, Jelle Kunst). We are also looking for people who want to share their (gamer) work-outs with us!

Please let me know what you think of the concept! If you want to play an early version I aim to release a test-flight version soon. You can subscribe through https://tiny-rpg.com. If you want to learn more about this game please follow https://twitter.com/RpgTiny.

Thanks so much for your attention.
    TinyPackageShot01.png

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sounds great. I personally prefer a stand-alone game so nothing to do with my exercise in the day

Got loads of Apple Watch games so I’ll be checking this out when it’s released

loving the Gameboy style box !

3. Prrrpl

Prrrpl New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts! The game is totally playable without sharing your health-data, and it'll play more like a traditional JRPG in that sense. Good to know and glad you like the GB style box :D

psj3809 likes this.
  4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    What kind of “movement” are you talking about? I am sure it doesn’t involve the geographical distance with the current situation of the world.

5. Prrrpl

Prrrpl New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Hi JStorm! It's most certainly not geographical distance! TinyRPG taps into the 'activity' (or now in WatchOS6: fitness') data saved on your Apple Watch, that means certain types of activity (standing, moving, exersize) recorded though any other Work-out App can be shared with TinyRPG to get rewards that'll increase your in-game character's stats!

Jstorm likes this.
  6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Thanks for the answer.

I watched a demonstration of your app on a watch. On the video, characters didn’t look very detailed, and also the control didn’t look very comfortable.

If it is the workout data that is transferred from other exercise app that increases the monster stats, why not have the game part implement as an iPhone/iPad game?

7. Prrrpl

Prrrpl New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Hi Jstorm,

Thanks for your feedback! Much appreciated. The game is retro 8-bit styled and you are right, character's aren't very detailed. The game might come to iOS/iPad OS at some point in the future but right now I want to focus on the best experience as an activity based App for AppleWatch. I hope people can appreciate this aspect of the game, and I would love to see more people try the game on other platforms once the initial version should proof to be successful.

Thanks again for your response, sorry for the late reply.

Take care!
    Emiel

Jstorm likes this.
  8. Dema9o9uehutq

Dema9o9uehutq Member

Mar 28, 2019
    Male
    This looks great. I wish there were more good watch idle games like this. I would 100% buy.