Universal Tiny Wings (by Andreas Illiger)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by djflippy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. kflm23r

kflm23r Member

Jun 27, 2012
    ^ This is what I do. I find that I usually get a lot more coins when I'm not trying to do it.

That said, I've been a huge fan of Tiny Wings since forever and I'm so excited to see all these new features in an update!

2. PlexShaw

PlexShaw Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    London, UK
    I know you've been mocked by others about this but in a way I kind of agree with you with regards to the game as a whole. I've always found it's extremely pedantic about perfect slides etc and that I could be having a fantastic run and one slip up results in it being totally ruined. I'll probably get shot down in flames for saying that but, to me, the game is simply very frustrating sometimes because of this and I think that is a fair criticism.

That said, the most disappointing and annoying thing about this update is that iCloud sync doesn't work for me at all. The reason is that I was really hoping to transfer my progress over to the HD version as I find the bigger screen helps with games like this.

I'm putting the game to one side for now and hope that the iCloud problems are addressed in a future update.

3. _ck

_ck Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    #1283 _ck, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    Okay, so I finally broke down and got this game when it was updated to 2.0.. and now I just have to ask, how are you supposed to get great slides? I've looked all over for help, and they all say the same thing. Fold you wings going down a hill, let go going up and it's that "easy".

Except I don't get any great slides, only randomly by accident. Some I've gotten that feel like legitimate "great slides", but even stranger is that I've also gotten some when I've basically crashed into an uphill and lost most speed I had going in. How is that a great slide by any measure? I've also gotten one going down an extended bumpy hill (like the ones at the end of islands, but located in the middle of the island).. Huh? Everything I've read about how they are achieved is in direct conflict with what the game is telling me. I never get any even when I'm shooting off of the hill so fast the bird hits the ceiling above the clouds. How is that not a great slide, I wonder?

I mean, I'm getting 25+ cloudtouches per game, getting to the 7th or 8th island every time, 200 coins with ease. I don't feel like I'm awful at this game, and yet I can't get the measly 7 great slides to complete the first nest.. Is this game really that hard or might this be some kind of bug or error? I should add that I'm playing on an "ancient" iPhone 3G with iOS 4.01 on it, but the game runs fine without any lag or anything like that.

EDIT: I just watched some gameplay videos on YouTube and this game definitely does not play that way on my iPhone 3G. I'm doing the exact same as in those videos and I get zero great slides. Definitely something not working right with this game.

4. kapshin

kapshin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    KC, MO
    iPhone 5 update is out!

5. Andreas_Illiger

Andreas_Illiger New Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Hey guys,

here it is: The first official Tiny Wings merchandise product ;).

My sister, her friend and my mother created some really cool Tiny Wings hats. Everything is handmade. There is also a little button on the hats which is punched by myself :).

If you want to order one check out my facebook page:

TinyWingsFacebookFanpage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Tell your mother and sister and her friend to be ready, people're gonna order like crazy :D

7. onPHYRE

onPHYRE New Member

Apr 28, 2009
    So I was playing Flight School for the first time yesterday and I beat it with the Blue Bird. When I finished 3-5 it gave me a new nest and showed me levels 4-1 through 4-5. I was so confused since there was only three islands I went back to double check this fact before I played 4-1.. Then when I confirmed there was only 3 islands I could never go back and try the level again. No matter what I tried I could not find a way to get back to it. I beat it with the Pink Bird, but it went to "Islands Coming Soon" instead of showing it again. Was this some kind of glitch, or what? I am mad I never tried playing the first level to at least see what would happen.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've been gone from these forums and iGaming in general for three years, so please take it easy on me. I'm trying to figure out what, if any effect the new nests that you get have on your bird. Any help?

9. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Just a higher point multiplier I suppose. For our high score chasing obsession :p

10. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.

11. venus

venus New Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Whatever happened to Tiny Wings and Andreas Illiger? He updated the game for the iPhone 5 and tweeted in February 2013 about the game's 2 year anniversary, but since then he's not tweeted. :( This isn't begging for an update or new features or anything, just curiosity.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Maybe he took a long holiday with the benefits of his game? :p

13. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    New islands plz

14. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Yay!

‏@AndreasIlliger
    Tomorrow is Tiny Wings update day! New tuna islands and tunnels... :)

15. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    New update is live!
    And the new islands are actually kind of tough. Or maybe I'm just out of practice. It's nice to go back to this and be reminded why it's one of the best ios games ever. Total perfection.

16. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    At last!!! Woohoo!

17. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ya woooooooooo!!!!!!

18. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    These tunnels are really tricky (ー ー" )

19. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Of all the "five star" games out there, this dev deserves for everyone of us to go to iTunes right now and update our reviews to show up for the new version, I mean c'mon, YEARS after it's release and it's still being supported with FREE content updates!