Universal Tiny Wings (by Andreas Illiger)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by djflippy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #1261 eev, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    yeah i agree, it's at least some update. however there are still some small lags. what is pity and one could expect to be somehow fixed in major number update. anyway the dev could give paid lessons to other studies. how to release a game, get into top10 and than make ta users so happy with just ok update after substantial period of time even if it's free. :cool:

2. bambambam

bambambam Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    What ridiculous complaints. The Flight School is bad...cus you suck? Okay... You only need to be 3rd place to move on to the next level and on my first playthrough, I only failed to get 3rd place ONCE on my first try. 2nd place is challenging. 1st place is where you have to be perfect and it's really satisfying when you do get it.

Complaining about needing an iPad to play the iPad version?:eek: You realize tons of developers do the same thing right. First example being Fruit Ninja HD which also has same screen multiplayer on the iPad version.

Yea, I'm sure everyone wants online multiplayer but for a free update, this was awesome. Support the dev and they'll add more stuff. Again, look at fruit ninja...they did end up getting online multiplayer.

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    for some reason flight school doesn't work for me, the whole screen turns white and it is stuck on the first level. I have iOS 4.3 iPhone 4.
    The regular mode of the game seems much smoother and 'faster' than the original version, which is very cool. Looking forward to playing it some more!
    My favorite game for iOS!

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    On my iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1 Incan start playing a game in flight school but often it will start and all the hills will disappear...

The flowers and some other random things seem to just float in air :/ not fun to play

5. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    does anyone know what's the deal with having each of the 4 flight school birds have an individual progress? the levels are the same for all birds..

6. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I've never played this game, does it have more drive to keep playing then high score? Kinda like how jetpack joyride does it

7. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    there are missions and, now, level system with 3-star-equivalent rating system. plus it's really cute, so you might go back and play just for the cuteness

8. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Lots of missions?

9. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Anyone have problems with sound effects cutting out? Seen a few reviews on iTunes complaining about this.

10. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    three for each nest upgrade and it think there are around 10 upgrades.. so, around 30.

11. evanmav

evanmav Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Love the new update it was a huge and great surprise. Now I love this game and I play it every day its so addicting and in the old mode now I can't get anywhere near my highscores like anywhere close. I used to be able to get into fever mode and stay in it pretty long but its impossible for me to stay in it fairly long. Did this game get harder for anyone else? It's kind of annoying because I'll have these perfect dips into the hills and it'll knock me out of fever mode. Just wanted to know if its just me

12. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    [​IMG]
    Good job Andreas!

13. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Heh, definitely well deserved. Not everyday you see a dev that releases a huge update for their game over a year after release. (no IAPs, either, hah)

14. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    The update is awesome. It completely freshens up the game! :)

15. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    I thought the same at first, but it's probably from not playing for so long. I was quickly able to get a fever of more than 30s again after a few rounds.

16. McNippleson

McNippleson Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Free update is a pretty ridiculous thing for an App Store game, amazing generosity.

My save is gone though, shame.

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Everyone loves this game never played it before, checked out vids but it looks really fun however will it get old fast? What's the drive to keep playing?

18. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Damn it... I just can't get 200 coins...
    Any tips?

19. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Dont focus to much on the coins. Just try getting far, you have enough on the end-island coin streak.