Universal Tiny Wings (by Andreas Illiger)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by djflippy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. @Squeaker
    @Prab
    oh, i thought my game is bug free :). i will test your suggestions tommorow and reopen the code to find this tiny bugs (today i need to relax a little ;). thanks for the report.

and... no there isn't any retina support :(. i have started working an this in the "before retina area" and decided that retina support will not as important than other features. i do the whole game of my own and it took me around 7 months, so redoing all the graphics for retina was to time comsuming but maybe will be come in the future. I think that adding more gamplay features will be more welcome than retina support. most of the time the game is also too fast to enjoy retina graphics. but we will see...

2. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    I actually think this game looks better without retina. Right now it has a colorpencil/watercolor feel that is a huge part of charm for me and I can't help but feel would be spoilt if the game looks too sharp.

3. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I was just about to say the same thing. It's great as is. More gameplay features are definitely welcomed though :D

4. Ben909

Ben909 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Brilliant game, loving it. I like the objectives system. Good news to hear that GC support is coming. An ipad version (hopefully universal) would be awesome, but I haven't tried it in 2x yet - maybe that's good enough.

Currently just passed the 60k objective. Would be good to see some more pick-ups as well as the speed-up coins.

Congrats on a superb first iphone game :)

5. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    It plays really well in 2x on the iPad :)

6. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Wow

If u don't own this game... You should buy it! Lol sorry, I was thinking of saying something like... If u don't own this game, ur not human...or ur not a gamer, but the best I could come up with is simply to recommend it. 5 stars!

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    @djflippy,

Now I'm all curious. I'll need to play this at midnight!

@Andreas,

Simple concept, but great execution. Looking forward to future updates and development. Welcome to TA. I also posted a review on iTunes using my alter ego's moniker.

8. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    If I had only read this argument I'd think it was a bit ridiculous, but having played this particular game I actually agree.

9. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Wow... This game is everything that I love about the app store. A simple, well polished game that completely came out of nowhere. Good work.

10. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Just reached the 7th island and posted a score of just over 130k this game is super addictive :)

11. Ben909

Ben909 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Just checked it out and you're right. It looks excellent. I think I'll stick with playing on the phone for now, as I've made good progress :)

12. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Started playing this after it was recommended by some friends, and I'm hooked. Can't put it down.

Oh, and I love the art style and proceduraly generated landscape.

13. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Darn you! Darn you all to heck! I have read the entire thread and just can't resist anymore! I'm buying the dang game! I hope you're happy, I hope you're real happy!

P.S. I haven't even played the game yet, but I already have a suggestion. Make a Night mode! I like the idea of being hunted by the night, but it would be awesome to play the game in a night time mode with the moon, stars, all that, and maybe even make the bird a cute little vampire bird that turns to stone when the sun rises :D I don't know, I think it would be cool!

14. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    I second this . I hate you guys .

15. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Reminds me of how Train Conductor has a day mode and a night mode :)

16. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Just do what I'm doing and play through it on both iDevices. :)

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Nice little game, still getting the hang of it, but left a 5 star review on iTunes.

18. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Top 100 in Arcade and Action in Sweden but only ~500 in the US

19. Respider

Respider New Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Just bought it just after reading the first impressions. Haven't played yet

20. Prab