Universal Tiny Wings (by Andreas Illiger)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by djflippy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Haven't had so much fun in ages... Not even my newly bought Borderlands is giving me this much of a buzz.

Feel like a review coming on - anyone up for it, or shall I?..

2. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I really like the game mechanic. It can be pretty casual but also challenging at the same time:

Assuming you are in fever mode, the game ultimately boils down to finding the exact moment to dive down into a slope. If you are too late, you miss the slope and the fever ends. If you are too early, you bounce off a hill and the fever also ends.

3. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    ;)

I like the game so much that I decided to record a song about it. Hope you all enjoy!

4. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Trying to purchase, but keep getting "cannot connect to iTunes" from my iPod touch. Any ideas?

5. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Anyone else having trouble getting there highscores to register with OF I just scored over 107k and it didn't register hope it goes on once fixed

6. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    What I did was to quit the game from the multitask bar and launch it again. Works that way for me.

Yeah I was playing just now and suddenly island one changed. Then I realized it's midnight. Very pleasant surprise. :)

7. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    @Squeaker yeah just did it and it worked for me too thanks and now im number 1 in the world :)

8. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Congrats :D

9. Hi everyone,

i'am the developer of 'Tiny Wings' and very surprised (positiv =) that you already talk about my game. Many thanks for your great feedbacks especially to @djflippy. It makes me really proud that you like my game so much.

Apple was a bit too fast with the approval process so i did not finished the gamplay video in time. Now the video is finished and ready for you to watch:

@djflippy:
    can you please post the youtube video at the starting post of this thread?

GameCenter support will be in the first update. More leaderbords like @medianotzu mentioned are also planned.

Thanks to all of you for making me happy today. It is my first iPhone release and i have been working hard for it so it is pure balsam to my soul that you like it.

have fun!

10. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Hi Andreas,

Welcome to TouchArcade forums :) Glad you can chime in.

I have a small reproducible bug to report. Whenever I get a push notification in the middle of a game and I tap on the screen before the game can show it's popup that says 'Get ready' or something, my game will crash.

Can anyone else confirm this bug? :)

11. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    #51 hamster787, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    can you please describe how this on e button thing works? kinda curious ;)
    also is there retina? would be a shame for these lovely looking graphics if they were not in retina, if not are there plans to integrate it

12. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Hi Andreas,

Welcome! We have been waiting for you. That's a mighty charming game you've made and I have trouble putting it down. I can't say how much I'm loving the game.

Right now there's a problem with sending highscores to OF such that we'll need to delete the game from multitask bar and relaunch for the scores to be registered.

Also, are there plans to integrate Game Center? Not that it needs that, just a nice addition.

13. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I think he said that GC will be in the first update :)

14. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I've been playing this one non stop since I downloaded it. Highly recommended. ;)

15. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    Hey Andreas. I'm really enjoying the game. Bought it this morning. It just works. Kind of hard to explain, but you did good. :D

I'm looking forward to the gamecenter support. If you could throw in some achievements and more statistics, at some point in the future, i'd be a very happy gamer.

The simplicity and ease of control also makes me wonder if a split-screen, internet multiplayer type thing might be possible.

16. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Ah yes. He did. :eek: Obviously I was looking at the game when I was reading that post. :p

Playing upside down is not that difficult, getting into island 4 on fever mode is the tricky one for me.

17. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    #57 hamster787, Feb 20, 2011
    posted this before but it kinda got wiped from sight ;) anyway is there retina and if not are their plans to implement it.
    never mind im downloading now ;)

18. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #58 djflippy, Feb 20, 2011
    Welcome to touchArcade, Andreas! I'm so glad you accepted our invitation. Literall overnight, many of the TA regulars have fallen in love with your game. When more people here become aware of it, expect to see a flood of positive reviews to begin showing up on iTunes. The crew here is very good about spreading the word. I hope that provides you with the same sense of the joy your game gives us.

19. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
  20. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

lol...