Universal Tiny Wings (by Andreas Illiger)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by djflippy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    The bird is narcoleptic guys, don't make fun! ;)

Wow, this is a stunner of a game! Reminds me a bit of Solipskier but dare I say, I like it even more. Simple, fun, beautiful. I like how you need to get some achievements to increase your nest/multiplier and the physics just feel great. I would love to see a bit more variety on the leaderboards perhaps (longest times in fever, most times in a run, most perfect slides, etc.) and there is a slight little frame drop when going to a new island that pulls me out of the game a bit, but this is still the most fun, addictive little casual gaming experience I've had in...months!

I hope the dev shows up.

2. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    I don't know why, but there's a sense of elation whenever birdy heads to the next island with a happy 'yo-hoooo'. And when it drops speed it will make a sound that sounds so much like 'bugger' that it tickles me. This game is dangerous. It makes me yearn for it.

3. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    You're right Squeaker, the sound effects add a very nice touch. The music is very good too. And of course the art is sublime. The dev really pulled off a terrific unified aesthetic.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I hate you guys. >_> *clicks on Buy button*

5. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Gotta pick this up now I think mine and DJs tastes in games are very similar so if he likes it I'm bound too :)

6. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    So one thing I'm curious about. Is this game level based or is it an endless runner? It looks fantastic, and I'll probably be buying it tomorrow anyway, but I'm just trying to figure out how the whole day/night thing goes and whether you actually beat levels or just go as far as you can.

7. Howlingwolf

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Ok picked it up and I have played for a bit and I'm am enjoying as I thought I would . I love the art style and music and it looks and plays great on an iPad . I like the way you have too certain objectives too increase your multiplier .

One thing I think would improve it though is in some way you could slow the progression of the day to night cycle either by picking up a special power up or by doing a certain amount of perfect slides in a row or a combination of the both . Until then this couldn't be classed as an endless runner . Instead it's get as far as you can before the time runs out which limits what highscore is possible eventually .

8. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Haha. My next challenge to increase multiplier is to get to island 5 while playing the game upside-down. :D Hilarious.

As for the game being endless or not, I assume it is if you are fast enough, yes?

9. Howlingwolf

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    I'm not sure I know when you go from one island too another the cycle ticks back slightly but I'm not sure how fast you would have too go to keep the onset of night off completely :D

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Stunning game!
    Great artwork, great music, great sound effects and simple, but fantastic gameplay.

Love this game.

11. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Cmon , I just bought Etolis . Now another 0.99 ? ): My dad's gonna kill me . >.>

12. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Is there retina display?

13. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
  14. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Trust me, you'll love it, retina or not. :)

15. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    Bought. Thanks for the vid. It's like sin surfer for the 360.

16. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Just picked up this game. Its a.w.e.s.o.m.e and I totally love it for the same reasons djflippy has already mentioned. I just reached 60K+ and now trying to upgrade my nest multiplier to above x18 (the one where you are supposed to play the game upside down :p)

Anyway, Just a side note to those watching the video above: The reviewer is not doing justice to the game. Thats a very very poor way of playing the game :p

17. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Gorgeous find here... well done DJ!

On a side note.. is anyone else getting that Solipskier vibe, or is it just me? :rolleyes:

18. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Not just you--I mentioned it as well.

19. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

<<looks back at thread>>

...gosh... and so you did... :D

Well, great minds and all that...

20. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Anyone reached the x20 nest yet? My head is still throbbing from reaching island 5 playing the game upside down :p