Tiny Wings V.2 Major Glitch – VIDEO inside

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by artonskyblue, Jul 20, 2012.

1. artonskyblue

artonskyblue Active Member

May 19, 2010
    #1 artonskyblue, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    I know Andreas illiger is very busy so I thought maybe I could get his attention in the TA forums to let him know about this glitch in the new version of Tiny Wings.

Here is a video that not only shows the glitch but also how the glitch happens.

In the video I played the iPhone version on my iPad but I can confirm that this happens when playing on the iPhone too.

Basically, when you pause the game and come back to play on a different date it starts doing all kinds of weird things. This glitch only happens when you do this on the levels in Chapter 2 (Flight School).

Its very hard to get in contact with Andreas through email so hopefully he will see it here and fix this issue.

2. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Amusing :D

3. artonskyblue

May 19, 2010
    if you have the game you can try it and see it for yourself :)

4. dmyers

dmyers Active Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I experienced this glitch last night, must have been at midnight. Good job tracking down the cause of the bug.

5. kennethpetro

kennethpetro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I found another bug.....if you start a game then pause it....go to another app and then return to your paused game, it sometimes will stop registering your swoops so you can never get into frenzy mode. It doesn't happen all the time, but the only fix i found is to close the app, go back into it and replay the level and it'll be gone. Pretty annoying on some of the later objectives that require you to be in frenzy mode for completion.

Has this (or something like this) ever happened to anyone else?

6. artonskyblue

May 19, 2010
    I just tried this and yes, this also happens to me. Nice find.

I give Andreas a lot of credit though because after all he is only a one man team. I also emailed him the link to this thread. If he doesn't already know about these bugs, hopefully he will see this thread and then work on fixing them.

7. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Another bug

There is another bug that sometimes the music and sound effect will not load.

In regards to the bug you mentioned, don't you think the fact that the date suddenly changed from 1 day to 5-7 days later almost instantly and not only that but for some reason iOS never killed the app (which usually happens just 5 minutes later) is the cause of this bug?

8. artonskyblue

May 19, 2010
    Yes, I've noticed that the music and sounds don't load sometimes too.

One wouldn't normally go into their settings and change the date and then go back into the game, but the way I found the bug is that I kept my game paused for a whole day and the next day I came back to it and clicked the restart button.

I think this must just be a coding error and a quick fix if Andreas knew about the bug. This bug doesn't happen when playing chapter 1 (Day trip), it only happens in when playing chapter 2.

9. artonskyblue

May 19, 2010
    Also, before you mention any bugs here, check Andreas site where you will find a list of bugs that he is already aware of and working on fixing now.
    The one I mentioned doesn't seem to be on his list so I hope he sees this soon.

http://www.andreasilliger.com/contact.php