Tiny Troopers [Universal] $2.99 -> $.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Card, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Hope you're not passing on this cuz it has a lot of IAP options. This game is like Hunters 2 (one of the best iOS games ever made IMO) which is a paid game, but all the IAP options are very pointless cuz the game isn't close to being set up where you need IAP to get further. The IAP in this game really is very pointless & never even bothered to look - I beat the game in hard difficulty and never once did I think of it.

It's a really fun action game with a fun challenge and only 99 cents.

2. Out of the posters on this thread, I see about 7 posters that support the game, and I don't see any that have said it was a bad game. Sure, there are many raising issues on inapps, but I don't think a lot of these users own the game. The ones that do seem to suggest that inapps are optional.

Not trying to push you over that fence, hell, why not...

Push! Whoops!

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Might put a word of caution there with the Hunters 2 comparison (that certainly is a great game BTW). This is a much more casual, fast moving, combination action-strategy game. Just didn't want anyone thinking they were getting a full-on TBS game with a lot of depth. This is a ton of fun to play though!

4. kukouri

kukouri Active Member

Attention all Tiny Troopers fans! ZOMBIE MODE is coming! Get excited. Will you be able to survive? More details soon!

[​IMG]

Grab it now while it is only .99!

5. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    One complaint. I hate how you have to keep tapping on the enemy for your soldier to kill him. Once the soldier runs out of bullets and reloads, he stops shooting and I have to tap on the enemy again. Wouldnt it be easier to just tap the enemy and your soldier keeps attacking it until he's dead or I tap on another enemy?

6. kukouri

kukouri Active Member

Your guys fire in small burst. We designed it that way so you don't keep your finger on the enemy all the time or on the screen blocking the view of everything like in Grunts. We tried the autofire till dead thing, but the game just felt like it was playing itself.

Way we mean for you to play is tap on the thing you want to shot, then tap around to move while your dudes are firing off their burst.

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Oh no! Was gonna buy it, but this requires iOS 5?

Oh well... Maybe sometime in the future. :D

8. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Don't care for the design, either. Go play Extraction, and you'll see what we mean. Just let the dudes lock on. Reloading is fine, but having to re-target each time is a pain in the ass. There are plenty of other things that irk me about your game, but that's definitely one of the most troublesome issues I have with it.

9. kukouri

kukouri Active Member

We played Extraction a lot.

We just didn't care for that style and don't feel it fits.

But everyone is bound to have different preferences :D