Universal Tiny Tower Vegas (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 25, 2014.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I visited your tower right now and I see your usual 96 floors tower. So they have it on their servers.
    If you activated the cloud save before (with an email address), maybe try deleting and redownloading?
    Or try their support pages first and email them?

Or you could use this as an excuse to stop wasting 10 minutes of your daily time to this game lol. ;)

2. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    We're considering porting the original to the Vegas engine which would be a lot of work but would bring a lot of cool things to the original.

3. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Oh yeah! This could be awesome!

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I would like a Tiny Tower 2, I liked Vegas but not keen on the theme for it I prefer the Tiny Tower theme or kind of D&D fantasy themes on these games.

5. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Thanks for the tips Vic. I was able to get my tower back with an E-mail to support.

6. Mischief61

Mischief61 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    This would be FANTASTIC!!!!!

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Why hasn't it happened yet???

8. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Because it would take a lot of time and effort. On second glance it is looking less likely as migrating people's saves would be pretty tricky.

9. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    You can make Tiny Tower 2 if it's more easly! #

10. Mischief61

Sep 8, 2012
    Would be so grateful for the effort. Migrating saves would be essential. Hopefully Tiny Tower Deluxe" can become a reality. .There are so many things I love about both TT & TTV, with each having minor flaws. I could really see TT on the TTV engine as being possibly the best TT yet.

11. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    I would be interested in your opinion on Fallout Shelter as it combines key Tiny Tower elements with RPG/XCOM on a Fallout theme :)

I guess perma death of Bitizens would be a bit harsh lol, but their training could be interesting. The breeding part could also be worth exploring imho ;)

12. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I haven't had much time to try it but it looks beautiful! Lots of fun twists that I'm sure make the game a challenge.

13. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    I’m definitely in favor of an update to TT. It was one of my all-time favorite games. It appealed to the gamer as well a non-gamer (me). At the time it was unique, even won a prestigious Apple award, if I recall correctly.

What I felt set the game apart from others:

1) It gave the player a sense of accomplishment – one could build at a reasonable pace.
    2) There was no timer which would have turned off the occasional gamer.
    3) I loved the missions! Like the Pocket Frogs “Sets,” they presented a novel challenge.
    4) The “Bitbook” introduced a delightfully witty novelty.
    3) It did the “freemium” or IAPs right. So many games by others which used or jumped on the “freemium” bandwagon after that fact wrote games which presented an intrusive & monetary burden on the player.

FWIW, I’ve contributed to every NB game which I played for any length of time (PF, TT,PP, & TTV) to reward & encourage the devs. I contributed most to PF for it added real value to IAPs, not merely “consumables” which I inherently avoid. Still, I purchased them in TT, PP, & TTV for they were the only way to contribute.

Although I’m not sure I could stand to start from the very beginning & I tend to be leery of sequels in this dog-eat-dog faux “freemium” app world, I would hope that NB could pull this off while being ever mindful of the player.

14. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Besides possibly porting the original to the TTV engine, and TT2, is TTV done for at this point? A couple people in my family are still playing to save up for whatever floors get added.

15. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    There isn't any new content in the pipeline at the moment but hopefully some day!

16. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Please add new missions to the original TT. If course we want more floors #

17. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    This would be awesome. The only thing keeping me from going back to TT is the pop up ads now, which is understandable. I would totally pay a premium price for a TT sequel in the Vegas engine, or even a 1 time IAP to make it quasi-premium. I think it might cause a riot if TT2 wasn't free like the previous 2 games.

Looking back one thing that separated TTV from TT was having people only rent in the residence, when I went back to playing TT for a bit last year I noticed I was way more engrossed into it when I had to constantly 'farm' bitizens to permanently stay. Just my 2 cents haha :) I think there would be a huge payoff for a new version of the original style Tiny Tower!

18. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    For me, the two things that make TT better than TTV are the coin value of the three items in every floor, in TTV are the three items the same value and make the game more a clicker than simulation. The other thing is the number of stock of the items are the same in every floor, this make the game less strategical, because all the floors have the same time to be without stock.

19. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Close one d'oh :(

Attached Files:

20. Mischief61

Sep 8, 2012
    Are "Dwarven Poker" and "Patty Slots" the only 2 games ever picked for The Players Club? What gives? This is getting so boring!