Tiny Tower - Tips & Strategies Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Dann

Dann Active Member

Jan 11, 2011
    KiddToKmart, you may want to edit your first post with regards to the elevator upgrades as it is misinforming. I almost followed it and nearly wasted my 50 bux assuming I could upgrade it using coins. AFAIK, it can only be upgraded using 25 bux the 1st time, and 75 bux the 2nd time. I don't know about any further upgrades to the elevator.

2. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Horizontal axis is floor number (I've got 21 floors, didn't count in the ground floor).
    Vertical axis represents frequency of the floor being visited.
    There are 100 recorded passengers.
    [​IMG]

This graph is showing that some floors are getting more attention then others. Can someone also confirm this?

3. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    #63 dbhjed, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
    You get other a tip or a tower bux every time you bring someone to a floor, it is the floor level x 2. (Floor 10 would be a 20 coin tip)

The only two exceptions are VIP, and if someone moves in those are the only cases where you don't get a tip or Bux.

EDIT: I read that wrong, I thought he wasn't getting any thing. Yeah a lot of things in this game are random. There is nothing you can do to increase your chances of getting bux for tips.

Another thing to add: As you get more floors it will be harder to have someone move into an apartment, this is because there are more floors to choose from. (just wanted to settle that now)

You also get a Bux for your bitizens birthday, all of them have one.

Also when you get a tip or "dress up" a bitizen you see the number given/taken floating from the bottom

Attached Files:

4. EnShinNoi

EnShinNoi Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    My tip to players is to only ever use 4/5 apartment spaces. This way you can slowly weed out those not in their dream job. Until of course, you have 5/5 all in their dream job.

5. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Thanks for pointing this out, you're right. Edited and updated.

6. tadad1

tadad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Uranus
    I prefer to set stock so that every outlet has one item waiting to restock when I leave the game for any long amount of time, that way when I return and all the shops are closed because they have sold out they can all be restocked with one item and immediately reopen while I start stocking the other items.

7. clarsonx

clarsonx Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Does it make sense to delete shops with low stock totals in hopes that the replacement has higher stock levels? Or will doing that increase the time it takes to build a level too much?

8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Yes. I was so tired of the Comedy Club always running out of stock after ten minutes that I replaced it and ended up getting a Planetarium, which has much larger stocks.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    How high up was the floor? My night club keeps running out of stock but it's only on the 7th floor and eeen said that higher floors have a better chance of more stock... being quite low it might not be worth the time.

10. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    It was on the 4th or 5th floor, actually. o_O I guess I just got lucky.

11. clarsonx

Sep 29, 2009
    Yeah, my 19th floor wound up being Scoops with a ridiculously low stock number that fills up in 2m. I've got about 3 of my current 12 businesses with really low stock values. It is tempting to delete them, but that will add 90 mins to any new floor. Plus I'm sure at some point they will build a floor I simply don't want, like the Tattoo Parlor. Too much deleting and you could add hours to each floor.

But I suppose if I did the deleting right before bedtime . . .

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Why wouldn't you want the tattoo parlor? You're going to end up with every business at the end anyway. Might as well just keep it then move it later on.

13. clarsonx

Sep 29, 2009
    I run a high class joint.

14. sk8erboinhl

sk8erboinhl Member

Nov 28, 2009
    why dont you try to find dream job people for those stores? I find that helpful since you won't have to restock as much as before and when you do, it's very fast... Plus, if you delete it now, you'll get the stores again in the future, eventually...

15. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Some stores just have a very low base stock number, even with dream jobs and the x2 bonus.

16. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    #76 dbhjed, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
    The benefit for that is sometimes you get bux for having a fully stocked store, so with the ones that need to be restocked more ofter you have a more of a chance of getting bux (because you get the bonus more often)

17. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    ****More info
    Build time goes up 30 mins with each floor built up.
    The build times are based off your highest floor.

Info by dbhjed

18. clarsonx

Sep 29, 2009
    If that is the case, the delete-fest begins tonight.

19. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    That is true, but larger stocks appeals to my sense of laziness. :mad:

20. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun

thanks :) and ive started getting tips and the waldo things now :D