Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Not quite; sometimes a visitor will tip you a Tower Buck as well. You can also have VIPs arrive who, depending on their type, can increase sales on a floor, buy out one entire type of stock on a chosen floor, speed up stocking by three hours, or speed up construction on a floor by three hours. You can also get "bitizen hunts" that have you find a specific bitizen in exchange for a Tower Buck.

These factors can make it worth spending a bit of time playing with the tower rather than just setting things up and shutting down the app again.

2. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    From what I remember Pocket Frogs had this same issue, until Cloud syncing comes out and implemented it would be better to stick to one device.

3. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Aware of that, I was answering the question about bringing the ones to a business, that seem to not affect anything

4. Ginger Yellow

Ginger Yellow Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I'm also having the "You have earned x coins while you were away" instant crash issue. iPod Touch 4G, not jailbroken, hard reset doesn't fix it. Wifi seems to. Is it a problem with the synching code? I'd like to be able to play the game on the Tube, not to mention not have my phone in hotspot mode the whole time.

5. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    You are, cliche aside, "doing it wrong". This isn't the Sims/Simcity, or a hardcore time management game, where you're building and doing stuff constantly in real time; it's more of a virtual pet/fishbowl that you pay attention to ("feed") every couple of hours or so and let go on its way.

You'd find that there's not actually a great deal of "game" to TT if you were to sit and grind away at it; it is more about letting your virtual world do its own thing over days/weeks/months while you slowly optimise jobs/floor layout/employees.

It would be nice in that regard if the bitizens were given more things to do in the tower, with expanded lives "Sims-style" that you could watch.

6. definately kick those out unless their dream job is a business you own,in which case you should put the person there,instamtly giving u 3bux
    i usually only keep those with at least 1 stat at 8 or 9

7. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The question was why he should manually ferry bitizens to a business if he'd just get money with the app closed anyway, not what effect doing so had on the business itself. Your answer wasn't entirely correct, hence my clarification; you don't just get coins, and the chance at Tower Bux makes it worth taking visitors upstairs while you're stocking/building/hiring.

A trip to the 10th floor, for example, will net you 20 coins normally, but if you're given a Tower Buck, that on its own is worth 250 coins at the bank.

8. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    #168 dbhjed, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    Sorry my help wasn't up to touch arcade standards...

I'll go back to my 8 bit world :)

9. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011

Except the thing is, early on in the game, you need to do a lot of baby-sitting which doesn't really allow you to step away for "hours". For a constant inflow of cash, your stores need to be stocked. And in real-time, stores deplete their stocks within 15-20 mins so far.

Maybe it changes later on when you have a 15+ story tower to manage but for now, you need to check your device time and time again to make sure things are stocked. It is a bit inconvenient, really - since your cash flow stops if you don't do so.

Oh well. Getting past the grind and on my way to 50 bucks, so I can get my 100,000 gold (as mentioned in this Tips and Strategies thread).

10. stanleyong

stanleyong New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    It would be good to see each other's towers. Please add me stanleyong84 in Gamecentre.

11. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I know the game is universal but was wondering how it looks on the iPad?

12. dunno if this has been posted before, but if anyone's app is repeatedly crashing, sign out from gamecenter
    also @devs,
    the app crashing problem is probably's gamecenters fault

13. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Fine. I started out on an iPad 2, but decided to stop and move to my iPhone 4. It's just a lot more convenient to access the iPhone since the game demands constant attention rather than take the iPad out everytime, roll back the magic cover, spend 5 mins with the game, pack it back inside, etc - when i'm out.

14. MNoldAr

MNoldAr Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    When I saw this I really hope Hot Spring Story would add GC and enable background running :D

15. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    This is my current Tiny Tower. :) It takes alot of work for sure!

[​IMG]

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    How is it night there?

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    WOW! Sweet tower! Nice job. :)

18. Sramota

Sramota Active Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Keep crashing when trying to enter the dress up.
    Turned off GC and powercycled, no go.

iPhone 4
    iOS 5.0

19. ios5's problem?