Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010

Where as the Americans claim things by planting flags, the Japanese just stick a j in front of it. I meant the Japanese App store. Ojay?

2. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Cross device syncing isn't supported since we allow offline play.

3. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I really hope this game enjoys some content upgrades that give the user more types of businesses and whatnots. Pocket Frog was very interesting for a while, but once I got all the frogs, there was no point in going on. I'll get this game nevertheless, but I hope I won't be deleting this game down the road either because of lack of updates.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Judging by the achievements I can tell you there are at least 80 businesses, you can have 100 floors and 100 residents. The content is already great for a free game but I'd never turn down more stuff :)

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This game is going to be EPIC!

6. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    #46 bmdino, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    It actually isn't really 4-10. if the stop is on the 2nd floor, it is 4 coins, 3rd floor it's 6 coins, and so on going up by two per floor.

And meh, I need more gamecenter friends too. I really wanna see other people's towers. Anyone mind adding me? :p

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    @bmdino?

8. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    I'm in the same boat. Anyone looking to expand their Game Center connections, feel free to add me! :)

GC ID = Ssylex

9. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    #49 nesio718, Jun 22, 2011
    yeah. realized it when i had a 6th floor and got 12 coins for the elevator ride.

seeing some of the paint jobs of other towers makes mine feels so blah....i need to spice mine up!!

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So what happens if you have an ipad and iphone? Do you get two towers?

11. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    #51 bmdino, Jun 22, 2011
    no it's Zaraxiel

jsrco - Yes, you get two different towers. Not sure how that would work with Gamecenter since I didn't really play pocket frogs that much.

Oh by the way, It would be really cool if you could build underground floors. I see all of this empty dirt below the lobby and my storage apartments, and wish I could move it underground where most buildings' storage is.

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Don't forget every 100 buckets of paint costs one tower bux! Not such a bad deal though. I think each change of clothes costs one coin too... and moving a floor is one bux.

Ah yeah, got you :)

13. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    yeah but if he hasn't used any yet you start fresh with 100 free buckets of paint.

14. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    good info. thank you. ill probably wait till im about 1 more floor up before i customize and move floors.

15. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Any chance you will change your thinking on this once icloud arrives? At least make it an option to only play online and sync? Personally I found I played Pocket Frog alot less and then gave up because it was so much better on ipad but lends itself to wanting to check in all day.

16. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    I 'm going to try to keep myself busy and not stare at the clock until 11 ET. I also need some Game Center friends, I'll go through this thread later and add people. My name is Cameron331.

17. Jellowpy

Jellowpy Active Member

Mar 23, 2011
    When will it arrive in canada appstore? Same time as US? Iam in the philippines right now but have canadian account .. Grrr this is killing me its 4:50 am here at the moment i hope by the time i wake up itll be avaikable online.. This is perfect since iam playing vegastower at the moment and this game gives a lot more in terms of gameplay .. Cant wait

Add me but still waiting for the app:
    Jellowpy

18. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Suffering from impatience-itis, I used my Australian account ID to download now and will see how well I can overwrite it with a version from my U.S. account tomorrow - figure worst case it's a free preview.

Digging it so far - has the sort of mechanics that made PF such a long stay on my device yet seems to have been designed with a more personal and social framework in mind.

Off to add people in this thread :)

19. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    iCould doesn't fix things getting out of sync when you play offline from two different devices.

20. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Couldn't you handle that the way books for kindle or ibooks do? Let the user decide what the "real" one is. Or have a way for users to "save" their game to the cloud and give them control? Since it's a SP game cheating isn't an issue (or is it?).

Not trying to tell you how to make your game - I'm sure there are lots of things I don't realize are effected by this. But as a user who is a huge fan of your games I'm trying to find solutions for you (and make more work while I'm at it).

I'll still be downloading this tonight, been looking forward to it.