Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Word of warning!

I used my NZ account to get this, and I plan to re-download it from the UK store come midnight. Obviously I want to keep my progress, so I deleted the app and reinstalled it to see if it'd resume where it left off... it did. Then I got a popup informing me that an existing save had been found on the server, asking if I want to use that one. I accepted and the save it loaded was about an hour old and only had half the number of floors.

So... if you're planning to do the same as me and the game appears to be up to date, I suggest turning down the offer to reload your previous save when notified.

2. Dense

Dense Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Just constructed my 12th level. Getting 50 bux was a total grind fest, but once I had 100,000 coins I could go on a crazy rampage. Lift upgrade is going be mandatory because as the tower gets taller moving people around takes so much longer.

The lift element is far worse than the pond in Pocket Frogs. You also can't totally avoid it because to populate the apartments you need to move people to that floor. The floor choice of the citizens is also random so as the tower gets taller its going to take a lot of grinding to get them to fill up the apartments.

I think like pocket frogs, the gamers goal will be to get the achievements. That's where the main challenge is other than building the tallest tower.

3. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Pocket Frogs is great, but as with this game it's not something you can rush. Also you really need to have a few friends playing (all of these people for example) because trading is a somewhat core aspect of the collection mechanic. It's possible to get all of the achievements without trading, it's just going to take a lot longer.

The general idea of Nimblebit freemium games is you play for 5 minutes at a time throughout the day. Like a virtual pet. Just stay patient and you won't need to spend any money.

4. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Thanks for the tip:)

5. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Yeah I figured it is something like that. That's why I never got into it, but also why its something I want to get into now. I will give them both a try, but as I don't care to ask my ten friends who play games with iphones about virtual frogs, I will probably be keeping this one.

6. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #26 MidianGTX, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    Just noticed my post about the crashing issue got moved along with the garbage posts, so I'm gonna paste it here:

I'm also getting crashes. Immediately after install the game would instantly quit back to springboard the second it opened. After rebooting my device I managed to make it through the tutorial, but upon exiting and going back to the game I get the same bug as the other guy in here. "You've earned X coins while you were gone" followed by the game quitting to springboard.

BUT... being connected to WiFi (online in general) seems to solve the problem.

12th?! How long have you been playing?!

As for the appartment population thing... couldn't you pay 1 bux and move the appartment down to the bottom?

7. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Are you playing on your iPod touch?

8. Putosaure

Putosaure Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Seriously, that's the kind of game I wish never been a freemium game. I'd spend easily 5 bucks on this one and get all the content right away, than getting a slow paced version with IAP :(

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I sure am. 4th gen, latest update.

10. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Haha got two VIPs that reduce your restock time in a row and couldn't use either! :p

11. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    This app will be mime! :)

12. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    #32 nesio718, Jun 22, 2011
    clicked friends and realized i only have none in-game and like 2 in gamecenter. i need to be more social. if you have your game center ID in your post you will probably get an invite from me. for those who plan on playing, can you post you ID's or inbox them? mine is in my sig.

edit: can we please have a way to un-select a VIP?! i picked one only to realize he will buy out a floor. ALL of my floors were being restocked at the time.....bad for business, literally.

edit2: anyone else start evicting people who seem to have no direct interests? i had a lady with stats like 3, 4, 3, 4, 2. i gave her the boot and got a guy who had a 9 in recreation!!

13. lol i got a celebrity and hemade my sale counter go to like 70.something with only 2 retail floors

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    It's live in the j-store if anyone has a j-account. Not showing up under a search of 'Tiny Tower' though. You have to search 'Nimblebit' and it's at the bottom. Cheers! :D

15. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

What's the best way to get gold fast? In the tutorial, it was easy, but after it takes forever to get enough gold to build floors!

16. acoz

acoz Active Member

Nov 24, 2009
    what is j-store? app? url? aaahhhhh

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I noticed with the celebrities, you can assign them to a business even while you're out of stock and once you start up again they'll take effect and drive more customers in. I don't know if any other VIPs can be delayed like this.

I'm thinking Japanese App Store.

18. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yeh like "Mids" said chances are its the Japanese App Store, An App is an Application. URL is a link The thing you type in to get to this site http://Toucharcade.com is a URL.

19. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    #39 nesio718, Jun 22, 2011
    this method might use a few bux:

have a full house and at least 3 businesses.
    move 3 employees into a business and stock up on all 3 items(use the bux to speed up the stock delivery).
    i have 3 businesses and made back the 1000 or so i lost in restocking fees in about 20 or so minutes(no VIP).
    keep restocking after that, no need to use bux....

also, play the game. giving evelator rides nets you a random bux and you get 4-10 coins per person. you also get bux for finding people. things you cant get when you arent playing.

20. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Can you play your same tower across devices (Ipad/Iphone)? This would make the game 1000x more addictive for me.