Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Ok, I just routinely checked the storage used by my apps, and oh, my :eek:

I guess being VIP doesn't stop the ads to load up in the background, it just doesn't play them :?
    [​IMG]

2. Mr floppy

Mr floppy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    I'm not a VIP and I only have 221MB under documents and data.

3. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Well, at least with The cloud sync, I just had to delete and reinstall. Sync worked right away.
    Cool, plus 4 Gb of free space on the phone :)

4. Ghosthack

Ghosthack Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Creative Strategist
    Singapore
    hey guys!
    I'm back its been a really long time.
    Glad to see and recognise a couple of the #toucharcade2 guys *waves at lisanne*

anyway i just got on this update.
    Did anyone figure out whether its better to 'gold' the higher income stores or the lower ones?
    I see pros and cons on both sides

5. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Welcome Ghost!

Personally, I find it better to make my highest income stores gold so I'm not using Delivery VPs as often to restock them. One store has but a single 3rd level stock filled so if I direct the Big Spender VP to that floor I get the most coins -this tip came from Huttican, I can't take credit. More coins, faster rebuild, more gold tickets.

Unlike some, I am playing on the equivalent of one device for my iPhone/iPad are mostly synced & I don't plan on rebuilding the entire tower for it took me waaaay too long to completely finish the original tower with all DJers at the highest level.

Read as many previous posts as possible, however, since each person may have a different goal or gameplay & choose the ideas which best suit your goal to determine your method of play. Also, consider that some may have purchased the VIP package when it was half price which allows them to pick & choose which floor type/exact floor to build & this may affect their strategy. In addition, some may be playing on two devices that are not synced so they can use one to be a source of "ironmen" ad infinitum to use in their other "build-the-whole-tower" device & to generously use as gifts.

However you choose to play, enjoy!

6. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    #3606 Mr floppy, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    What next?

Well I am building my last floor and the question is what's next? I've pretty much got a golden dream jobber in all jobs thanks to celebrities. I still have to get all my floors to 10, all the decorations but I've decided to go a little further and theme my floors with appropriate bitizens. For example, my homage to the TV show Mad Men.
    [​IMG]
    Meet Don, Roger and Peggy

Have a few others in the works. Karate Kid theme for martial arts but not sure whether to dress Ali in a cheerleader costume or that classic blue like she did in the movie and the hair band.

Yes it's a sad sad life

7. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Wow! I didn't play this for two months, today I played again and just won an hour raffle!! Very lucky!

8. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Nice. For the last couple of weeks all I've done is open the game in the morning and get my freebies, I've been playing subway surfers but now I'm going back and forth, see how that works out. BTW work is getting very busy with winter coming on the lip balm season is getting ready to kick into high gear and my company just bought Tucks hemorrhoid business and since I'm a compounder I'm sure I'll be working a lot of OT getting that inventory in house. If I don't visit many friends in the near future I apologize, but time and half is time and a half.

9. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    Goodness, I didn't know you could apply lip balm down there....
    :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I've completed all floors now and I'm not as active anymore. Currently doing the arduous task of upgrading all floors to 10 but that seems to involve loading up the tower and collecting my free bux.

10. kr3500

kr3500 Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Problems with missions

Hi-
    Is anyone else having problems with missions? I get the icon at the top, but when I click on it, it just goes away. It's not all of them... some work fine. It seems to have started around the time the Halloween characters started showing up.

K

11. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Yes, half of the Halloween missions I get disappear when I tap on the icon & it began the same time as when it did with you. You're not the only one.

12. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    New update. Fixed? Not that I'm doing and missions these days.

13. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    Don't know if eeen is still looking at this thread but v3.3.8 has made the elevator a bit jerky. iPhone 6, elevator at 9fps

14. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Same here.

15. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    V3.3.9 has made the elevator smooth again. All good, carry on

16. Courtfrey

Courtfrey New Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Coins for free?

Recently (2weeks) upgraded to the new 5 year aniversary addition.

Does anyone know why I get 2592 coins per minute when I have no stock?

I have 233 floors 435 bitizens. When fully stocked I get 2592+12*435=7812 cpm, but where does the 2592 come from?

Thanks.

17. Courtfrey

Courtfrey New Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Tiny Tower - Coins for free

Recently upgraded to the new 5 year aniversary addition.

Does anyone know why I get 2592 coins per minute when I have no stock?

I have 233 floors 435 bitizens. When fully stocked I get 2592+12*435=7812 cpm, but where does the 2592 come from?

Thanks.

38FM4

18. Smartass

Smartass New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Savannah
    Free bux

Finding that after 1st day of playing, 1 ad in 5 comes out working. Other 4 are blank and message tells me ads not connecting
    :confused:

19. Smartass

Smartass New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Savannah
    Subway

Any chance of getting a subway station for under the tower? Plenty of space to add anouther layer of fun :rolleyes:

20. tjisantos

tjisantos New Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Restoring Progress

Hi, I've been an avid fan since 2012 and I would like to get back into playing. I want to restore my old progress from my iPod Touch 3 which ran Ver 2.2 of the game. I am having difficulty with syncing it to my new iPhone since my iPod doesn't have cloud. Thanks in advance.