Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    #3581 Jmacjmac, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    I CAN'T BELIEVE the lose all stock bug is still this active. Thankfully 12 of my 14 revenue generating floors are gold and I can restock for free. But what happens I'm at floor 200 and this happens? Never mind. I know it only happens to small towers.

2. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Is this wishful thinking, jmac? It has happened to me when my tower was well beyond it's "free-stocking" gold floors. I then need to restock all. Then again, if this problem were to affect you, it probably would have already, I'm guessing/hoping.

The next time my game self-exits & I lose stock, I let you know what floor I was at.

Meanwhile, I tried an experiment for the 2nd time this morning (the 1st time was a week ago). After not playing all night & after deleting TT from my iPhone the night before, I d/led & restarted iPhone game. As I always do, I chose "restore" legacy game. Then the towers were synced. I closed game on iPhone & opened on iPad & it was the same as on iPhone - a few hours later they are still in sync though one is closed.

The 1st time I tried this, the syncing lasted less than a day but it did catch up when first opened & for a while later that day. By that evening they were out of sync again. It's harder to experiment when I have a greater number of non-gold floors, way more time-consuming & costly.

3. Jmacjmac

Jun 28, 2012
    As I just went past 100 day's playing I noticed that the fireworks bux bonus is capped at 900 bux. Does anyone remember if the old game has this limit? Or how about anybody who's not VIP, are you guys being capped at 300? If so that's another reason to get VIP status.

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

There was no cap in TT Vegas. I open it once I a while and it takes literally 5 minutes for the fireworks to finish. Not that I would need more Bux there anyways :x

I assumed that it also wouldn't be capped in TT but I guess it makes sense to have one.
    I noticed that my Bux stash wasn't going exponentially higher but I didn't take the time to calculate the amount. I'll check tomorrow.
    Anyhow I don't need all those Bux in the tower I'm rebuilding for golden tickets. Doing level 4 upgrades as I have more than 30k Bux there now, going up daily.

The only issue with the cap would be if you wanted to get a full tower level 10 and use Bux to fast forward and buy floors.

5. ashenkitten

ashenkitten Member

Jun 7, 2016
    no-stock bug: more data

I can now confirm a couple of conditions that seem to lead to the no-stock bug:

1. my 16-floor tower (iPhone SE) lost all stock on regular and gold floors after I accidentally closed the app while meaning to close another (close here = double-click the home button to see taskflow, and swipe up on the app). When I reopened everything was dark. :(

2. my 44-floor tower (iPad 2) lost all stock on regular and gold floors after I had to re-start the iPad. I didn't close the TT app specifically, but long-pressed the screen-off button and then powered the unit down.

*Note: when I re-opened the iPad game from #2, several floors that had a product that had finished its restocking time were available to stock (not really sure of the terminology, but the beige "stock" buttons were there in the righthand corner). And those items did become fully stocked once I tapped on all of the stock buttons, but everything that had been in-stock at the time the unit turned off had disappeared.

6. ashenkitten

ashenkitten Member

Jun 7, 2016
    side note: I may well be in the minority on this, but if the bug can't be easily fixed, then I would kind of prefer if the game could realize that it had happened, and pop up a notice saying something like "oh no! a hurricane has swept away all of your stock! time to start re-supplying all of your stores." i.e., if it can't be prevented, I'd be happier if the game at least acknowledged it.

kind of like the natural disasters in Sim City, except that this one is unintentional. :)

7. Mr floppy

Mr floppy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Has anyone worked out the bux/coins conversion? I was doing it in my head with a brand new tower but I've lost track. At the moment for the 17th floor its 900 bux for around 190K. Previous level I think was 600 for 132K but I stuffed up there as I built two levels accidentally. Guess I can start again ....

On another note, it looks like the amount of coins you get from visiting a friend is the floor number multiplied by 10. So if you can be bothered, with 100 friends with 200+ levels, that's potentially over 200K per day. If you have the patience for it. I tried to play a tower that way, without residents. Not that fun ...

8. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I wish there was a VIP trading / requesting mechanism. I haven't seen a celebrity VIP in days of regular playing and j need about 15 of those visits!

9. Taluta

Taluta New Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Lost a gift Bitizen - help

Someone sent me a Bitizen I needed. It arrived in my lobby so I took it up the elevator to the floor I needed it on. Now I can't find him! I figured out I should have "hired" him first. But is it lost forever now? Does anyone know the answer? Many thx!

10. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    When bitizens arrive in your lobby, you have to send them to a residence first so they can move in; then you can hire them on the floor you need. He's gone for good - I'm sorry!

11. Taluta

Taluta New Member

Aug 30, 2016
    If I receive a dream worker Bitizen that has a zero - 5 level I keep it if I have no other but when i receive a higher level dream worker I'll take it over the lower one. Low level is better than not having a dream worker

12. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Ashenkitten, what you call closing (including the swiping), I call "exiting." And, yes, it always results in loss of ALL stock even in gold stores. If I just "close" an app by going to another app without swiping up - this way I can open it again via the "taskflow."

The #2 way of losing stock is by updating my OS as I did this morning on my iPad. When I opened it again via the "taskflow," it began from the TT opening screen & I had zero stock. Fortunately, I had just begun to rebuild my tower this morning so I didn't have much to lose since I only had one non-gold store.

The #3 way is when the program merely self-exits. I go back to it after using one of any number of apps & it simply shows me the TT opening screen.

Warning people, as you mention in a later post, might not help. It would merely tell the player that "Yes," the devs know there's a nasty bug but "No, nothing has been done about it - yet.

Not sure if I'd lose stock if I didn't "close the app specifically" & then long-pressed the screen-off button. After I try that, I'll let you know.

Plus, I've mentioned all of this before as well as this bug interfering with my ability to sync two devices. Simply put, they don't sync unless I delete the program on my iPhone the night before, then I exit (translation: voluntarily lose all stock on my iPad) the next morning. Next I d/l & open the game on my iPhone & *usually* it's either in sync or at least in the same version of the tower. The syncing never lasts more than a day, if that.

Thanks so much for your observations & input! The squeaky wheel & all that...

13. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Does anyone know the base stock number to determine if the floor has the most stock, to use a golden ticket on to maximize stock?

I used to know it, I should have written it down.

14. 349280sdk

349280sdk New Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Add me as a friend at 2G8V7

Add me i play daily and trade dream jobs for dream jobs add me at 2G8V7
    My name is casey

15. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    With iOS 10, game is crashing on me... :(

16. Jmacjmac

Jun 28, 2012
    Via huttican, I've used this not only for Golden floors but as a guideline for building my normal floors. BTW since I'm now done with collecting gold floors and I'm going for the sky I decided to make my gold floors the lower stock ones since I don't have to wait for a restock and I have less downtime.

17. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Awesome, thank you so much!

18. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Improvement!

Since I updated my iOS & iDevices, the distressing problems with with complete loss of floor stock upon exiting, updating OS, or for no reason whatsoever seems to have been resolved. I also can sync my devices almost always correctly; no longer do I have supposedly synced devices on two iterations of the same tower. Syncing includes the ability to request a gift on my iPad OR my iPhone, not just "default" iPhone.

It's too early to be sure if I still only receive bday notices on iPhone for I haven't had new iOS & updated app for that long.

There is one NEW problem, however: most times when I try to gift, the screen freezes on "Loading." Sometimes I can get a few gifts in if I exit program (which I can now, without negative consequences!) but then it just happens again. Both iPad & iPhone have this gifting problem, particularly annoying when I have a "requested" gift to send but simply can't.

Questions:

1) Those with stock loss problems, have your games improved with these updates?

2) Is anyone else having a problem with visiting Friends to gift?

Thanks, NB, if it was your app which fixed the vexing problem I mentioned many times in this thread.

19. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Thanks so much, Huttican. That must have taken a lot of work!

Jmac, as for "going for the sky," your tip is helpful for many devoted game players. Although I'm not ready to do this, I'd be interested in your ideas/tips as you go along. Will you be doing "find missions," for example? As for me currently it's more gratifying & less frustrating to go for 50 then rebuild. For now. It took me soooo long to completely build the original tower, which was smaller, that I'm not sure I'd want to go that route again. That said, I have enormous respect for those, like you, who have the patience to "go for the sky" with all that that entails.

20. Mr floppy

Mr floppy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Hasn't been a new version of the app for a little while. Perhaps a reset after upgrading did something?