Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    What's wrong with this picture?

First, thanks Vic for posting another pic.

Now, how do I disagree with thy pic, let me count the ways = What's wrong with this screenshot as seen from my end?!

1) Now it's over 3 days since I last played yet my post yesterday was concurrent with my game being open & played. Wrong x 3+.

2) Yesterday I had & still have 11 gold floors, not 10.

3) Yesterday I was on about floor 30 on my next tower, not 41 on previous tower; today I have 37 floors on my current tower.

4) Just looked at your tower & Blueberry stood for "Stables" yet I hadn't requested that since previous tower.

FWIW, the game exited itself again this morning when I switched to it & ALL floors were empty. Seeing your screenshot, I'm beginning to understand why at least the non-gold floors are empty. According to the great server in the sky, I'm a real game slacker. Not sure how this sad news will affect all those I've gifted day after day! Vic, can you verify that I gifted you yesterday, for example.

Finally, after this happened, I refilled gold floors & bought tier one stock for other floors. I restarted on same device & all was fine. Gold floors were full, others were being stocked. (Thought: maybe the game only thinks you're playing if you are in the process of stocking?) Without exiting, but with game closed on iPad), I opened game on iPhone & it was *almost* up to date, minus one floor; at least it had the same tower!

Hopefully some of this info will be helpful in tracking down this bug.

2. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    #3562 lisianne, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Thanks, Huttican. By your gift of a Golf SIM employee, I can see that exiting (& all that entails in loss of floors, coins, time, etc.) is maybe the only way to have my game update.

I had just chosen that requested employee so you must have read my post & checked to see what was requested, if it had indeed changed. The chances of your picking at random one of over 200 employees was slim to none & I'd go with none so thanks for "You're not such a slacker" feedback.

I'll now change request again if anyone wants to track when it goes from Golf SIM to something else. I think that would coincide with how long the game thinks I haven't bothered to play it.

3. huttican

huttican Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    @vic Yay i am a celebrity now :) nice to see myself there.

@Lisianne i actually got a golf sim bitizen as gift and didnt needed it. so i put it in a floor and checked if someone needed it. I saw you were requesting and i sent it. As of now, you seem to requesting BBQ Place and were online 53 mins ago. Unfortunately i didnt checked your status when vic sent that screenshot so i dont know if you were updated or not back then.

Completely out of topic, been a while since i write something here so would like to share that, i now have 17 gold tickets and it started to be a boring grind already. I think i will move on with my current tower for a while and see what happens. RNG is not on my side with raffles unfortunately.

4. Petzi

Petzi New Member

Aug 18, 2016
    I love this game so much! But one thing that really bugs me is the limit of 50/100 bux for the Deliver / Find missions. My tower has 135 floors right now, and finding 10 Elvis impersonators or delivering 5 zombies became a tedious chore frequently. I wish this would be rewarded with more bux, corresponding with the higher costs for single slots in the residential floors for example.

5. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    So lately my game has been chugging really bad when scrolling through my tower. Elevator is totally fine, but really slow frame drops when manually moving around the tower. I'm on an iPhone SE so I have no clue why it's lagging like this... seems like I'm playing on a full memory iPhone 4 heh

6. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Opposite for me. Elevator gets choppy on my 6s but scrolling is fine.

7. jens_mett

jens_mett New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    What do I have to do to win a raffle? I join 10 raffles per day and never won a gold voucher :(

8. Mr floppy

Mr floppy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Question about saved games. I know that the game is saved on Game Center on the iOS devices, so I assume that the Cloud will back up and sync across any type of device, but does it still back up to Game Center if the cloud is active?

With Android devices, does it save to google play games? I dont tend to install Google stuff unless absolutely necessary. So activating cloud is my preference here, but need to repair the phone so could be out of action for a few days. Can I sign in and out of the cloud on my iPhone until my Android phone is back? I may need to get a new Android phone so don't want to lose progress.

I sort of remember with pocket planes or something that to use different cloud IDs, you had to delete the app and reinstall. Hence the question about saved games on Game Center and the cloud. After thinking it through after writing all this, I don't think it's possible without having two cloud IDs

9. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

I believe that the data of your tower is saved on NimbleBit servers.
    They use your friend code and the email you put in to get the save back to you, which should allow you to transfer the game on any device, iOS or Android.
    AFAIK they don't use GC anymore for the cloud saves, following some headaches on their previous games. Also, this way allows them to do cross platform. ;)

10. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    Is that right? So my game isn't backed up at all until I activate cloud? Thanks! I'll activate it right away. Goodness, I was about to just delete away. Can you use the same email for two towers?

11. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I won my first one last night after playing and joining in sooo many, so just hang in there!

12. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    #3572 Mr floppy, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Just as a test, I installed on a different iOS device, it found a legacy tower but I couldn't restore it. Clicking restore did nothing other than generate the same friend code. So maybe it saved something, or just the friend code, I don't know

So for all those who thought that Game Center had your back up, it doesn't! Use the cloud!

13. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    Nearly lost another twelve hundred bux, this bug is really annoying me!

Was gonna cost 1,231 to restock all my floors, but I only had 1,225 and so I got a message telling me I was 6 bux short. If I'd had those extra 6 bux I would be very poor right now!

14. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Ageless bitizens

Because my two devices don't sync (mentioned in thread before), I use only one to play the game. Every now & again I check the other to see how many floors or even a tower version they are behind. This must be a heck of a bug.

Meanwhile, on my iPad, none of my bitizens has EVER had a birthday. When I check my iPhone, I do find birthday notices but gains gotten are worthless since the tower is well behind in floors & bux.

Is anyone else having this no birthday problem on of two syncing devices?

15. mbergen

mbergen New Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Low Level dream workers?

I have been trying to send requested dream workers to friends when possible if they are looking for them. I am wondering do people typically even want low level dream workers or should I only send ones that have a high skill level or not bother to send, for example a level 5 or lower dream worker? It used to be the workers almost always had a pretty high level in their dream job but that isn't the case anymore with this updated version.

16. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011

I send almost any dream jobber, even with low stats. It's always better to have a 0 skilled DJer than a 9 skilled random bitizen, as it doubles the stock.
    Anyhow, people may just dump them afterwards when they have better ones.

On my iPad, I try to go all 99999 tanks DJers, having only golden apartments, but I'm happy to receive a DJer whatever its stats in the beginning.

And 5 Bux to gift a bitizen is petty cash, whereas it makes sometimes a happy friend :)

17. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I'm going to try once again to build my final tower. I've got 12 golden floors available and think that's enough. I tried once before at 9 GF but got bored after a 100 floors and many thousands of bux spent to upgrade and rebuilt. See what happens this time. I'll probably just go to level 4 until I'm sure I want to go all the way up.

18. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    Not a birthday problem but when I restored from Game Center on my second iPhone, it didn't load any of the floors, just the same friend code. I decided to play a few floors as new and suddenly I was getting lots of visitors as well as gifts. It would divert all those things towards whatever tower is being played. So perhaps that's the case with birthdays, some sort of server verification so you don't just turn your clock back multiple times to get free bux.

19. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    As you found out, GC doesn't back up anything. I think you got the announcements of bday bitizens because you were playing a whole new game, with a different code. Any syncing problem & the various problems with it would not affect you.

I am not interested in playing two separate TT games which is why I sync, or try to anyway. And messing with my clock for a game vs. my life is unappealing at best.

Currently I have two different towers on each of two devices with same game code/email which are *supposedly* synced. There is a difference of 2+28 floors which makes me 30 floors + one tower behind on my iPhone. The bday bitizens are the least of my concerns. Wish this sync bug could be addressed and/or the bug which empties floors when one exits the game.

20. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    Nono, it was the same code. After restoring from Game Center it only restored the friend code and nothing else. So everything that was server related was sent to the restored device and perhaps birthdays are a server thing