Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Mr floppy

Mr floppy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    As it seems like there is one winner for 250 entries, your chances of winning will be better if the number of entries are further away from the 250 ceiling. For instance, the current draw had 2704 entries, which gets 11 winners. The chances of you winning is around 1 in 246. Ok, not that significant but if 2501 is the number of entries and that qualifies for 11 winners, the chances drop to around 1 in 227. In any case, damn RNG screwed me over again!!!!!

2. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    #3522 Mr floppy, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    Missing glasses

I don't know if it's intentional but the grey rimmed glasses doesn't seem to be a part outfits when you iterate through all the outfits.
    [​IMG]

The grey rim glasses are still there as I've got new bitizens with grey rim glasses but I've tapped my thumb numb trying to get a pair on a bitizen. Why? I'm making a bitizen to look like Gus from Breaking Bad for my pharmacy. Walter and Jesse are easy.

I've actually noticed that there is only one type of the glasses are available, black rims. Even the darkened lens glasses don't seem to be available.

3. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    @eenmachine: technical glitch to be investigated -

Have a neighbor, fc 159BH, cannot visit them, throws an error 100% of the time and, worse, after I make the attempt I cannot visit anyone else in my friends list, get the same error message. Since this neighbor is at the top of my friends list, spent several hours yesterday thinking there was some general problem with visiting neighbors before figuring it out.

This happened once before, but it happened with someone I had just added so wrote it off as them having a hacked account or something and deleted them. But this current glitched neighbor has been a neighbor for some time, so whatever fatal database error that is occurring is new.

4. Atreyu

Atreyu Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Yeah 159BH happens to me too. Unable to visit friends after glitching out visiting him (nothing happens after loading screen, back at friend list but unable to visit anyone else)

5. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    Exactly the same happened to me with user 80KT.
    After visiting was unable to visit anybody else unless I restarted the game.
    Finally had to take it out of my list, because I was unable to visit.

6. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks everyone I was able to track down the issue that was leading to people accidentally corrupting their saves through re-naming.

7. Muse

Muse New Member

Jun 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I'm having this problem with everyone on my list except for one person. Not sure what's going on with the friend thing at the moment :confused:

8. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I had something weird happen to me today. I sent some bitizens from my feed tower to my main tower in advance of new floors opening and later when they arrived I ended up getting four of every gift. I don't know if I somehow triggered this by sending the fifteen bitizens and then immediately closing the feed tower and putting the main tower in my car to go to work thus driving in and out of some of my wifi hotspots and then turning wifi off at work (it's against the rules and you get a write up if IT dept catches your device on the network). Anyone else have this happen?

9. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    You mean that you have four copies of the one bitizen? If so then lucky you! I've only been able to get two. It seems to happen to me when out of wifi range but only on my android phone. Nothing on the iPhone. There are a couple of different ways this happens but ending up with a clone isn't too bad. I'll screen shot it happening next time.

Also nice update. I like the add friends back feature

10. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Level 99 on my Ipad save, I play mainly on my iPhone save that I rebuild @50 floors.
    So I've reverted all my golden floors to apartments. And use the auto stock feature.

@NimbleBit : I see that the missions rewards stop scaling up at floor 89. There seems to be a cap of 50/100 for elevator/find missions.
    I think a case could be made that the mission rewards could continue to go up every 10 floors without a limit. Some things you have to pay with Bux continue scaling up like renting an apartment slots. Also hide and seek missions with 200 floors are more time consuming.

Do you guys with huge towers still do the missions ?

11. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    I do. It's not that bad. Finding the bitizen is easy and I don't even use the A-Z, bitizens are dressed up in their colours or costumes. The worst missions are when the background is the same colour as the item I'm having to seek or a black record in the doorway. I did paint the floors black at one stage. The other annoying one is finding things that can move as often that takes a number of passes to get all of them. They can hide behind other bitizens. Anyway, still got a few floors to get to level 10

12. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Any more updates in the pipeline, Nimblebit?

13. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I don't even have a huge tower (my main tower is 95 floors), but I still pass on some of the hard missions like find 9 baseball players because with the VIP bonus I can still get a couple thousand bux a day if I try and maybe 5k on a weekend if I don't have anything going on.

14. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    At nearly 50 floors, I skip the elevator delivery missions because those take more time and deliver a smaller reward (30 bux to deliver 3-6 bitizens, as compared with 50 bux to find people or things).

15. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    It's 50 later on and quite easy bux with a fast elevator.

The only mission I skip is the fully stocking a floor one. It doesn't scale in any way and for level 10 floors, it's a measly 10 bux. I'll use a delivery guy if the floor is quite depleted and got a spare delivery guy but otherwise it's a bit of a waste. I'll also rush stocking if the cost to rush is less than 10 bux.

16. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Submitting a bug fix update right now, then trying to ramp up for Bit City!

17. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Sweet! What is Bit City?

18. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    What type of game will be Bit City? An ilde clicker?

19. Mr floppy

Feb 21, 2011
    Pictures here
    http://nimbledave.tumblr.com
    Nimble bits own simcity type game it looks like, although no nothing about the game play

20. ashenkitten

ashenkitten Member

Jun 7, 2016
    glitch that deletes all stock?

Has anyone else had the problem where sometimes upon opening up the game, every floor suddenly has zero stock for all items? Once or twice a week, I'll open the game (I keep it open in the background, but I have always seen the (re)loading screen just before this has happened) and all of my floors will be dark. I have enough gold floors with tens of thousands in stock to know that they didn't just run out in the hour or two since I last opened the game, so it has to be a glitch.

It's happened both on my iPhone and iPad. Is this a problem for anyone else?