Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    The only issue I've found besides the sushi bar is that when you're selecting someone for a job, the list scrolls too far down. So the person at the bottom of the list is scrolling past the menu box, impossible to select them. Right now it works by just selecting the colour at the top though.

I don't know if this is even possible, but would we be able to reset our towers yet keep all elevator speed / other upgrades? I would totally want to reset but going back to the base elevator would be brutal now. If it's not possible no sweat!

2. RichardMagpies

RichardMagpies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    My code is 10PG and there's no 'reset game' option. Other than that, working great so far.

3. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

a cool request I thought of would to be able to interact with the "FLOOR needs to be restocked" and have the option to tap restock on the notification instead of going in game

4. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Aside from the sushi shop worker bug and the karaoke bar being the wrong floor color, the only other issue I have noticed so far is floor price. Prior to the beta update, my next floor was going to cost roughly 5 million coins. Now that same floor is going to cost 70 million. That seems excessive.

5. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    I'm finding when I add a person to my list I can't visit them I get a "there been a error try again later" or something similar to that effect

6. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    the game looks very interesting ! any game teaser on Youtube ?

7. shroomAzoom

shroomAzoom Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Too Late to Sing up for Beta?

If not, please consider me signed up. :) Thanks!

8. huttican

huttican Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Mostly straightforward porting for me. Other than the regular sushi bug and music store glitch all seem fine.

Before moving on and make this message bloated , my friend code is 10PN

When i see floor costs i am shocked tbh. I was playing regulary for a long time and had a buffer of 140m coins with the hope new floors come someday. Well, that 140m was only 2 floors now, instead 20+ floors with previous costs.

So i return back my old game with another device, built empty floors and jumped back to beta :eek:

Want to add a couple suggestions here.

Quick stock is nice and easy, but i dont really want to spend hundreds of bux everytime i want to restock ( which is dozens times a day with that low level floors). I want to start stock process for depleted floors (costs coin only) and dont need it be instant. So please give us that choice.

Selecting bitizens for jobs is really pain when you have 390 of them, and will be more with new floors. TT Death star was very close to make it perfect assigning bitizens. Really need some useful filters and sorting here please.

Jobs are good to have but, again, finding anything in a 200+floor tower for 50 bux really doesnt cut for me. Darkened floors when to products stocked doesnt help either. Missing that subject and rescanning all floors 2-3 times is not really fun. A quick fix comes to mind, there may be some hints to make life easier ( look for food floors only, check first 50 floors etc. etc. kind of pointers). Anything really that makes me want to do that job. I gave up those long time ago in TT Vegas. Old "stock this and that product" missions were better for me.

Wish we had more than 10 level upgrades even though it will be more and more expensive. In old version i upgraded Private eyes to level 20 something and using it for product buying vips.

And some stuff i see as improvements (Not mentioning updating game, this is already a huge bonus). Moving floors freely, free floor and bitizen customizing is really nice. Having that many new floors also really nice even though it will take ages :) Same goes with daily bonus. These adds up a nice total if its same as TT Vegas.

OK if you read till here thanks for that great game. Spent so much time on that and seems will do more. Keep up the good work.

PS: Cant finish that post without begging for a Pocket Frogs update similar to TT. So there is that :)

Thanks.

9. RichardMagpies

RichardMagpies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    The cost to build more floors in coins is way too high. It slows progression TOO much and ruins the formula you guys worked well to achieve.

10. Gorkt

Gorkt New Member

Apr 19, 2016
    If it is not too late, I would LOVE a beta invite to this!

11. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    3.0.1 Out

+ Reduction in new floor cost
    + Moved Quick Stock button to bottom of tower
    + Fixed save conversion bug resulting in blue screen (please delete and re-install beta if you were affected!)
    + Added game reset button in Options
    + Other small bug fixes

12. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Thanks! :D

Would you guys please consider lowering the cost to rent the apartments as well? It's kinda hard waiting for a bitizen to go the right floor, and the cost seems a little too high right now.

Attached Files:

13. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Updated, but all my original bitizens were still missing. Deleted and reinstalled and everyone is back. Hooray! Ready to tuck into it now.

14. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Reset the game and now I have 40 bux and 27,500 coins at the start. I believe this to be a bug.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #115 ste86uk, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Seems to be working much better for me now after the update all of my places and bitizens seem to be there. It fully stocked all of my shops for me too which is nice! Will just have to keep an eye on it to see if anything did mess up.

This versions seems further zoomed out from the tower than before the update though? Also my floor cost on my tower is 240k on the normal version but 1,030,500 on the new version. Have the prices gone up or do we earn coins quicker in the new version so the floor prices compensate?

My elevator seems to have carried over too, but again it seems cheap to buy upgrades in the old version for the minute. Floor upgrades also cost much much more they went from 3bux to 250 I think it was. But I know the whole game and stock is changing so I'm guessing that's why.

Oh and the elevator is now awesome thanks! Use to be so tricks to stop perfectly on the right floor and now it's much more accurate.

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    How do I reset the game? I have updated version

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Menu, then settings.

Why do people want to restart anyway?

18. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    #118 baldeagle86, Apr 20, 2016
    Will resetting the game have any effect on the upgrades you've unlocked? Specifically the elevator speed??

Edit: just got around to updating, and seeing that it does indeed reset all upgrades :( why is the reason for this?

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #119 ste86uk, Apr 20, 2016
    Also noticing now that new bitizens some are coming with grey dream jobs? Also I'm getting more people with a 9 skill in something but their dream job differs to the skill but in the old version this didn't happen as if you waited for a 9 it would have a dream job for the 9.

So so many more that don't match between dream job and colour.

20. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    I've lost the overview (195 Floors)
    A Search-Button for Floors would be nice: Jump directly to a specific floor to check that everything is in order (Dream Job and so)