Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mischief61

Mischief61 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Got the beta invite! Thank you!!! The warning about the risk of potentially losing data from previously saved game has me nervousness. Should I be scared about this, or this just a disclaimer of a very very unlikely occurrence?

2. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    #42 eeenmachine, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    If your game looks to be intact on first install you don't need to grab the legacy game save from the server. That said the game never deletes your original data so worst case you should be able to delete and re-install and pick up where you left off.

Note: If you have any issues upgrading your original game data, post your friend code so we can fix the bug, your game will then be correctly upgraded when re-installing the next update!

3. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Friend Code is 10DW. All of the floors appear to be coming in intact (as well as coins and bux) but the bitizens have all moved out.

Also elevator is back to slowest speed and all floors are now lvl 3 (as opposed to reflecting any upgrades I had done before). Not sure if those last two are supposed to save at all from previous version but having an empty tower seems pretty lonesome

4. mwadsit

Jun 22, 2012
    Getting stuck on the blue window with "A legacy save game has been found on the server" now. Both buttons highlight when pressed but neither are responding

5. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I very stupidly overlooked one of the three very simple directions - and hit "GET" on the tiny tower app within Test Flight instead of entering my Redeem code. Now it doesn't want to accept my code, and I can't do anything with TT within Test Flight or from the TT app itself. This is my screen. Can my beta test be salvaged?

Attached Files:

6. mwadsit

Jun 22, 2012
    @snippygal - I guess I did the same thing - didn't even see directions to do redeem and type in code, and rather clicked the link from my email. After that blue screen I closed the app and reopened and it managed to grab my floors but nothing else

7. snippygal

Sep 24, 2010
    Update: I just tried opening it again, and I have the new setup, both from opening the regular TT app on my phone, and from within Test Flight. (I think these point to the same thing, regardless of which you open from).

So maybe give it a few minutes and try again?

8. Psych0

Psych0 Member

Apr 21, 2014
    #48 Psych0, Apr 15, 2016
    I had the same issue that mwadsit had, where the game loaded with a blue screen, then reopening the app led to having no bitizens. Plus my floor in construction disappeared. My friend code is 10F9, if you want it.

9. snippygal

Sep 24, 2010
    Also have no bitizens and slowest elevator, no previous floor upgrades. I have a 90-floor tower and my first guest wanted to go to 67 - I was able to make a pot of coffee in the time it took to get up there, and then for the elevator to come all the way back down!

That said, I love the revamped score, and like the updated look of things. And love the detail of seeing clouds passing when you go by apts with windows.

My friend code is 10FQ if needed - and if anyone wants to add me.

10. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Got all locked in on the beta, started new the other day so this is great.

Add me 10g7

11. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
    I don't think you guys did anything wrong, there is just a problem in some people's games when converting the old save into the new format that is causing problems. Post your friend code if you run into the blank blue screen, and once we figure out why those games are triggering the bug we will have you delete the game and re-install a new version that will attempt to convert your old save game again, hopefully successfully this time!

12. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    #52 baldeagle86, Apr 15, 2016
    10GC is my friend code, will add all you other testers. Had a smooth start up (luckily)

I had the infini lightspeed from my old save, so my elevator speed is 9.00 fps. 8100 bux to add .25 speed lol

13. mwadsit

Jun 22, 2012
    Yeah it does appear the bux prices have scaled quite a bit from the original (and more on line what I remember from TT Vegas) so it may be worth spending them all in the old version before upgrading

14. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

10,000 to build a new floor right off the bat from a new game. I declined to import my old save file.

Also, what happened to the “reset game” button in settings?

15. snippygal

Sep 24, 2010
    Wondering what the little red "1" notification is, top left. Nothing on my subscreen.

Attached Files:

16. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I don't know if this is a bug, or a new feature, but I have to manually add my bitizens to my sushi bar every time to get them to work. They won't stay hired there

17. msebeth

msebeth New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Smooth import but don't know if my friend code is 10H0 or 1OHO. :/

18. mutts

mutts Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Great I'm kind of missing this little gem.
    Since DeNA took over Mobage all early Nimblebit games disappeared from googleplay. Good to see an Android version comming to. Now If only pocket planes was rereleased ;-)

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm just getting a blue screen, any advice?

20. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
    Definitely a bug!