Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penwill

penwill New Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Signed Up!!!

Heard of the update and redownloaded it, though my saves are gone but still. SIgned up and cant wait for the update!!

2. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Please don't put all the items with the same quantity like you make in TTV. The best part of the original is that every item have a different amount of stock and different times for restock. This make the game more strategic!

3. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    "Hoping to send out the first wave of invites to people who have registered in the next few days. Thanks!"

4. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    this game looks so cool !!!!

5. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Sign me up. Have not play this for quite some time but the news do make me remember it :)

6. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    There will be cloud suport?

7. Ayigto

Ayigto Member

Mar 3, 2013
    I'm in for the beta test! Used to play from the release until I left it a while ago because of time issues. Great game!

8. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

signed up!

9. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    #29 eeenmachine, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    We did move to a base stocking time as in Vegas for the following design reasons:

1) Giving all floors the same starting stock levels allows the player to unlock them in any order GREATLY increases floor variety especially early in the game. If you remember the first food floor you could build was always a sushi joint, diner, coffee shop, or Mexican food since they were the only low stock food floors. Well now a starting player has the chance to build any of the food floors right off the bat, including the floors that used to be high stock and that the average player would never have even unlocked in the past. With the new unified base stock times players towers will look truly unique especially early game and friends will completely different towers.

2) Floors of the same level stock together. You can still upgrade floors to have different levels and therefore different stock times but the floors that are the same level will run out of stick together when they are stocked together. This ends up being a huge convenience for players that are in and out of the game only a few times a day, meaning when a notification that one floor is out of stock brings you back to the game there are a higher number of other floors you can also restock at the same time instead of having to wait another 3, 7, 11 mins etc.

3) It puts even more importance in placing dream jobbers which as you know doubles the stock for a tier. With the new floor star displays and the ability to trade bitizens with friends, this becomes one of the most fun parts of the game (especially when you dress them up and give them a funny name before sending them).

Existing floors without any upgrades are converted to level 3 which we found to be a comfortable stock amount and players can choose which floors to upgrade further from there. Hint: upgrade the floors with dream jobbers first!

10. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    There will be our NimbleBit cloud system that Vegas used which will allow cross platform syncing/backups and the ability to add non Game Center friends through friend codes. Game Center friends will automatically be in your friends list.

11. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    In the original every floor was unique, and you need to know every floor to be eficient, with the new system it's more mechanic, all the floors at the same time and make the game more clicker than simulation.

12. Suitably Ironic Moniker

Mar 5, 2012
    Would like to join the beta. Thanks!

13. msebeth

msebeth New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Signed up!! I'm another one who started again when I heard the update was coming. #

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Personally I like the sound of the stocking change log as with me just having started again I only have 32 floors and so far many are familiar from what I had last time I played.

Is there a change log anywhere for all of the changes?

15. steven0451

steven0451 Guest

Signed up and waiting for it to drop! :D

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Oh yes, I'm waiting for it for a long time. Sign up immediately!

17. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Been playing this (and loving it) for years. Looking forward to the update and beta!

18. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Just got my beta invite :) is there anything in particular you want us to test for? Or just play like crazy for the next couple weeks as usual?

19. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
    my friend code is 106W

I need dream jobbers for the Soda Brewery!

20. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Test Flight invites sent!

Check your spam folders if you don't see the invites.

My friend code is 107S if anyone wants to send me Bakery dream jobbers!