Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    The same goes for me.

2. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    I'm still receiving bitizens daily, I think the number of people playing and sending out gifts has just died down.

3. huttican

huttican Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I try to send as much possible but current residentals almost full so i get rarely new bitizens. Having only one request and low friend pool due to beta doesnt help either.

Having a friend thread would help i believe.

4. PrincessBaby

PrincessBaby Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Same here

My tower is almost totally filled with maxed Bitizens too...constructing more residence floors just to make it more fun and to maybe be able to fill some requests. Still would like to be able to request a max vs any for a job! The odds of a bitizen getting delivered to my open residential floor(s) is so small that I never expect it to happen, so I'm spending 200 bux to move one in every now and then. Really trying to fill requests tho!

5. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Yeah I'm playing a lot still, just not getting anyone to send out to you all. It's a great idea though, I love having a new floor built and instantly receiving dream jobbers (regardless of skill number) for it.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I stopped because of the golden ticket thing, just isn't my thing.

7. huttican

huttican Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    A question about gifts. If i send several gifts to a friend, is there a time or quantity limit so they overwrite old ones or disappear, if they are not open. Asking for a friend :)

About golden tickets, they are really optional and you can skip them. They werent even exist when beta started. I believe you feel you miss something if you dont use them but there is that.
    For me, they changed my game plan and strategies dramatically. Now i keep only one set of dreamjobbers for my golden towers which have the highest stock value. I use buyout vip whenever i can on that floor. For the restof golden floors, since they are already level 10 and take a good amount of time before they depleted i use that set to restock them without double stock bonus.
    That gives me free slots on residents. Ofc this is a valid strategy for early game or you plan to rebuild again (which l will do).
    All in all, its a different game me now. And its fine for me. Just wish we could get more tickets per 50 floors since itwill take forever to get all tickets if i have the will.

8. raymondeigel

raymondeigel Active Member

Jul 3, 2015
    A bit late to the party but do add me: 11TP

Couple of questions:

1. Do you need to add each other for it to work properly?

2. From my observation, if you have a gold business floor, you either put a dream jobber there, or anyone at all even with bad stats, right? Since the stocking is free, the only factor you can change is the double stock for dream jobbers, right?

9. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I don't believe the gifted bitizens will ever expire before they are accepted.

10. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    You can add someone else without them adding you, Game Center friends will automatically appear in your list if they play the game.

Gold Floors ignore the skill of their workers but they still get double the stock if they employ dream jobbers.

11. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Easy way to get VIPs is to watch an ad but do not exit at the end of the video.
    The iPhone won't go to sleep, and missions/VIPs will appear behind the ad.
    Put the luminosity low if you don't want your battery to go bust though.

For those who want a lot of golden tickets : may I ask why?
    Imho just a few are more than enough.
    One on a commercial floor, stock only the third item and use every buyout VIP there, you should get around 250k coins each time.
    Some on residential floors, use the real estate agent to fill the apartments. Then you just need to gift them to a friend, or gift them back and forth between two towers to relocate your 99999 Bitizens elsewhere. The goal being to have an empty golden appartment to use VIPs again on.
    Anyways golden tickets should be really helpful in the early game, but for the late game not that much.

12. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    If you need Android testers, my phone is Android and I'd be happy to start a new tower on it. Just sayin'. :)

Add me on Tiny Tower by tapping this link! http://sync.nimblebit.com/af/tt/10GT

13. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
  14. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    On the New Floor Type Screen: The word "Random" is missing in the Recreation type. ;)

15. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    There's something that happened in Vegas that I don't know if it will get corrected in this version:

When you're playing in high latency networks (saturated cellular connections) and you try to get data from servers (friends lists, etc, basically any data that comes from the server), if the server is not responsive because of saturation, the connections seems not to have a timeout, and you get stuck there.

It happens to me when playing the game at the subway, when I'm technically connected to internet through cellular data, but I'm getting no data back due to saturation of cell tower.

I know it's a very unusual situation, but if it's not too difficult to implement a timeout there, it would help this commuter a lot. :)

16. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'll pass this along to our server engineer, thanks!

17. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    So I finally got up to 200 floors and pressed that ominous rebuild button.

Went to check past towers ever and noticed something a bit funny. For all of the shops it is correctly showing the stars representing how many dream jobbers I had. However the residential floors seem to have lot a bunch of their bitizens, even to the point of several of them being empty (that were full before). Doesn't really effect anything but certainly a bit strange.

Thank you

18. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, this has been fixed since the last Test Flight build, thanks for reporting it though!

19. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    #379 FortyOneNY, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Awesome, thanks! Downloading it now. :D If I have an issue with the Android version, where should I post about it? I just don't want to clutter the iOS thread if there is an Android thread or if you'd prefer email or twitter or something. :)

Also... I forgot how horribly slow the default elevator is.

my iOS tower // my Android tower

20. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Here is fine, I don't think there should be that many issues remaining!