Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    You can disable video ads in options!

2. huttican

huttican Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It would be nice to have moving bitizens but I can see why you don't want to do it, and its for a good reason.

What's your opinion on keeping floor upgrades when rebuilding? I assume upgrades lost and that makes upgrading floors waste if one ever think to rebuild some time. I still reluctant to try rebuild this way.

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I have noticed that the new people moving in have dream jobs not in their expertise of 9. For instance a pub worker dream job has a 1 level but 9 in recreation.

Is this for added citizens?

4. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    You lose upgrades on rebuilding. But upgrading floors of you plan on rebuilding isn't a waste, it helps you earn coins faster due to less down time and higher big spender/ fully stocked bonuses.

5. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    #225 eeenmachine, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Yes the new way of randomizing skill is the Vegas method where skills and dream job are truly random.

Edit: who is 10z9? Thanks for the bzn!

6. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I am, on my new game ;)
    Sent Marshmonkey a clockmaker too. I don't want jealousy between NimbleBros :p

I might have round sthg regarding dream jobbers.
    I'm building currently my first purple shop.
    But one of my unemployed bitizen has his purple dream job in bold in the bzn list, he's a jeweler.
    I'll let you know if the floor in construction is actually a jewelry shop.

7. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    #227 New England Gamer, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Are there an uneven number of floors? I mean of the categories?

And (add) it seems to be killing my battery b

8. raymondeigel

raymondeigel Active Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Please clarify: you're gaining VIPs still at the normal rate, right? How long do you have the game on for so you could hit 20 right away?

I haven't rebuilt yet, still scared! Can you exhaustively elaborate on what the ticket does so far? I read the original post about its benefits but it doesn't give the clearest picture.

9. KiwiRed

KiwiRed Active Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Christchurch, NZ
    I'm not a fan of dream jobs being tied so closely to friends lists - I don't do friends in games, so I'll be shut out pretty solidly (and they're proving to be very thin on the ground in my time in the beta).

Also, regarding sales of golden tickets. I'm not a person who's going to spend much money in a game (my mobile playtime has reduced with the growing number of otherwise impressive games which exclusively fund themselves by selling consumables), and the purchases in TT have very much felt disposable from the beginning. (I did make a bux purchase early on, to tip the devs, but after that bux just felt like a waste of my money - in the vanilla game it offered so few for each purchase, especially when I needed so very many for my high-level tower, that the option was kind of comical. The values in the beta are much more realistic, tyvm)

Anyway, as tickets are enduring, if people really want to buy them maybe offer tiered one-time purchases? ($20 would be way out of my budget, though)

10. ahugegiantwhale

ahugegiantwhale New Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Beta Testing Reply Time

I just signed up for a beta testing link. How long does it take for NimbleBit to get back with a link?

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    #231 New England Gamer, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    How about a Greek Diner?

Baklava; gyros; spinach pie? Greek salad?

And how about allowing a move of a floor by just holding the button - much like the elevator. Not the tap each floor.

Also - where did the missions tab go?

12. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Indeed, the new floor was a jewelry shop.
    Not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but your Bitizens know which store is in construction and their dream job will be put in bold in the Bitizens list.

13. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    How about a watch app? You could restock a floor from the watch?

14. raymondeigel

raymondeigel Active Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Yes please especially on the Android release!

15. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Unfortunately with all the game logic written in Unity it would be very difficult to run game code from a notification extension or watch app.

16. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    I keep the game running while at my desk at work so the VIPs come in regularly. If you send a big spender to a gold floor and they buyout the most expensive product, that's about 150,000 coins you get at once. Early on, floors are cheap which allows you to shoot up to about 20 quick. It's kind of stalled again though because after floor 20, new floors get expensive and the VIP bonus doesn't scale with it.

If you use a gold ticket on a floor it instantly levels it to 10 and permanently removes the restock timers. This is why you send the buyout VIPs here. They buy an entire stock then you refill it instantly.

17. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    I'm not a beta, but I have a petition: please! don't make the curve for new floors prices as steep as Vegas. I've played both original and Vegas, and it's taking me forever to complete the tower in Vegas (played daily for more than a year and still haven't made it).
    Original was maybe a bit fast. Vegas is really, really slow...
    If it wasn't because I love these games so much, I've quit Vegas a long time ago...

18. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    Who wants to be the one to break it to this guy that to max out his tower now, he'll need to restart about 200 times. :)

19. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    On the subject of making suggestions, I'd like to see a Yarn Shop; I knit a lot IRL. Patterns, knitting needles, yarn. BOOM. :p

20. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
    I will add those both to our running list of ideas for new floors. We could always use good ideas for new costumes as well!