Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    As we sharing codes mine is 10MQ which leads to a question. So you request a person how do you know when you got this person? Do you get a message or they simply turn up? Plus I assume if you got to have a spare place for them in a residential floor?

2. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    My code is 10GT. :)

3. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    They show up as a gift, and stay in your lobby. You then get to deliver them to where they will live :)

I like the rebuild/golden ticket idea, I feel like it will add a reason to keep playing once you make a max tower. It will take some evolving and tweaking but I kind of feel like not many people here are liking it, so I just wanted to point out there are others who are happy about it and glad there's something to do once you have a maxed tower!!

4. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I'll echo this sentiment. I really like the idea of golden tickets, especially if elevator upgrades continue through. Most of my comments were regarding the execution. Haha I'm currently trying to get to 200 floors as fast as possible on non-beta (currently at 195) so I will get that 4th ticket. The idea of resetting and building just a bit faster is exciting to me; especially can help prevent leaving for long breaks and not really knowing what to do (ok yeah I can get back to 50 then try again). But I could see maybe getting to 50 gives 2 tickets rather than 1. Or 50 is 1 ticket, 100 gives 2 more (so 3 total), 150 ends up at 6 etc. This may give that reason to continue beyond just the first 50 floors (as the current system seems to suggest as most optimal).

5. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
  6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    If you added in the option to buy golden tickets then I wouldn't be so bothered as I don't want to restart towers but I might buy them

7. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    I really like the idea of golden tickets as IAP. Perhaps also as reward (50 or 100 Floors).

And please add the option to move the Bitizens to a different apartment.

8. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    I have a feeling that having the ability to buy them would reduce how special they feel and make people cry "Pay 2 win!". Plus to keep them rare they would probably be priced more than you would like. What would your guess at a fair price be?

9. Testopi

Dec 12, 2013
    Fair Price? From 2,99$/€ to 4,99$/€ per Ticket - Because it is a huge help.

10. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    A gold ticket would probably be at the high end of pricing like $19.99 or $29.99. A gold ticket offers you instant stock times which is the equivalent of hundreds of bux in rushing orders for EACH restock. Add that up over the life of a tower and its the equivalent of using thousands of bux. This doesn't even take into consideration the coins you get from fully stocked bonuses and buyout VIPs.

2 requests I'd like to make on a separate note.

1) Seconding the request to make bitizens movable between floors.
    2) What happened to the stats screen? Could you add a revamped stats screen that tracks thinks like total coins earned, total number of missions completed, total floors across rebuilds, etc.

11. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Got the invite to start playing the beta. Glad to have actually rekindled my tower from the ashes beforehand however. Gave me an opportunity to really see the differences.

Graphic reboot - looks tremendous on a 6s!
    Elevator seems super smooth. Not that it wasn't before but really seems smooth now.
    The stars on the floors for dream jobs are SUPER HELPFUL!! I love it. Now can see at a glance who is where as I often will save residents in alternate jobs waiting for their floor etc.
    The stock buttons - so so great! They make it so easy to scan what needs to be stocked Etc.
    Costumes in alphabetical order! Something I was just wishing for the other day!!

So what happened to my bucks though? I had like 1350 or there about and it reset them to 500. Which it appears that making purchases as a tester is free but will they come back after the beta is over? That's my only thing. My sushi shop was still occupied and didn't experience the trouble outlined here. All other issues seem to have been addressed!!

12. Aurora.Hope

Aurora.Hope Member

Apr 16, 2016
    United States
    Can I've the invite for beta?

13. Testopi

Dec 12, 2013
    You're right. 19,99 or 29,99 is a better Pricing Model.

14. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    We've had requests to be able to move bitizens between apartments for years but unfortunately it would break many aspects of the game.
    Stats was removed to make room for other menu items, it didn't actually display anything useful other than demand which isn't part of the new economy in the update.

Wow, really surprised at how much you guys think gold tickets are worth! Makes me glad to hear that they convey that much value. That said I think they people who want to buy them want them for every floor of their perfected tower right? Which would make such a price untenable.

15. Testopi

Dec 12, 2013
    #215 Testopi, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Maybe 5 Golden Tickets as a package (VIP Package #2) or as a reward system to motivate and retain players.

16. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    Some comments after playing a while after my first rebuild.

The gold floor does generate more coins than I thought it would, with the vast majority of this coming from big spender VIPs buying out the most expensive products. This allowed me to get to floor 20 within one day of rebuilding which is nice. The issue here is that in terms of big spender VIPs, you only need one gold floor to profit and having more than one gold floor wont make a difference. Would be nice to maybe increase the big spender VIP rate based on the number of gold floors you have, which would give a pronounced effect to leveling speed if you have multiple gold floors.

Also, as of now, it's basically a rush to get to floor 50 to rebuild, over and over. There's really no reason at the moment to go past floor 50 on each rebuild. I kind of wish there was a more organic way to efficiently acquire gold tickets.

How about something like you get an additional gold ticket for every X dream jobbers you have upon rebuilding, or you get a gold ticket for every 10 floor levels. So if the sum of all of your floor levels upon rebuild was 40, you'd get 4 additional tickets. The numbers could be tweaked of course to keep the tickets rare, but something like this should be done to give incentive against the tedious grind to 50 over and over.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Honestly I'm sticking with I hate the implementation of them it ruins the game for me thinking of restarting after I've been getting dream jobbers and building my tower. Maybe wouldn't be so bad if I could somehow keep my bitizens on reboot.

I would want them for every floor of my tower and wouldn't know a single price for them but I'd like something like the vip package, spend £10 or something and get enough of them for every floor in the game.

18. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
    New Build!

+ Badge notification on gift button when a friend is requesting this bitizen type.
    + Tweaked gifting UI flow.
    + Added bitizen preview UI when gifting through friends list.
    + Lobby is now able to be renamed.

19. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #219 vicsark, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Thks for the invite, I installed the beta on two devices : the iPad keeps my legacy game and its 210 floors, and I started a new game on the iPhone with another mail. Both have cloud saves in case of, but the same GC, I hope it won't mess the saves up.:?

So I got 2 codes, 10Z5 for the legacy tower and 10Z9 for the new one, feel free to add them both :)

I added a bunch of you guys, and even sent a few Bitizens to Testopi and NimbleDave or eeen, curious if you got them mate?
    I also tried sending a bitizen from the iPhone to the iPad and it went ok (had to kill the app/relaunch it to get the gift instantaneously). I would see how gifting Bitizens on 2 separate games could help the obsessive completionists players lol.
    Not sure what happens if you don't have free space in the lobby to store the gifted bitizen though?

All in all, a lot of great things, graphics overhaul, the TTV engine is far better. I like the stars for Dream jobbers, the friends list with gifting, the daily bonus, the new floors (though I have to wait 4 and a half days to see them lol), the restock all button, and a lot of the tweaks. No opinion on the golden ticket yet, I don't see myself letting go my old tower for now.

Just a few notes later on the TT economy and the huge inflation that happens with the update, mostly on Bux (20 Bux gained per ad vs 1, from 10 to 200+ Bux to fill a vacancy vs 1, new daily bonus...), but also on coins (x4 on the price of a new floor for my legacy game).
    I guess for new towers and/or new players, it will be well balanced.
    But imho, that's sthg you have to be very careful about for the older players who have accumulated a lot of Bux and coins, and kept them for a big update.
    You'll have to encourage them somehow to spend their Bux on the elevators, floor updates (?) and most importantly to spend their coins to build new floors before updating!
    Because their old stashes become essentially worthless if they don't use them.

I just spent inadvertently 215 Bux to fill a vacancy on my legacy tower to add a bitizen, that was 70% of my old Bux stash lol.

On the bugs side, I had the game totally freeze on my iPhone with poor Edge/3G when the game opened GC (cloud saves on). Even on wifi, the game freezes a few seconds sometimes on my legacy tower.

Also, same bug as in TTV after launching an ad, if the device goes to sleep : sometimes, the game blocks in mini portrait on landscape mode (rotated 90°, with huge blacks bars above and below). Have to reboot the app.

On the friends list, I had some doubles (eeen, marshmonkey, harmoniamundi). I added you guys first, and maybe you added me after that too? Not sure if the friends code adding is both ways or if each player has to add back someone.

Anyhow, glad to have the beta and I'll hope it will be useful to tweak things before launching it on 10 million saves :eek:

20. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Could there be IAP where we can remove the adverts in the game? Of course then the question by how would the players earn more greens if we paid to remove the adverts maybe from the bitizens they would tip more often green?