Universal Tiny Thief (by Rovio Stars)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 11, 2013.

1. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Fantastic game ! The attention to details, the little touches everywhere, the great touches of humor, the graphic design... everything is top-notch!!! I'd vote for it for Game of the Week in a second. Best purchase I've made in a while.

I hope this game gets lots of buzz and carries on. I'd love more levels. Too early to talk about a sequel ???

Congrats on a brilliant game.

2. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Definitely one of the best original game on IOS. A much enjoyable game experience throughout the whole process.

But, it seems that no one is discussing all the treasure positions and the ferret positions? Does that mean you guys have all found it all? I only found 60 of the 76 when I finished...not to mention many missing ferrets... it does give me a good reason to play over again though.

3. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #123 Bool Zero, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    Yeah, I got that one already! I've gotten:
    Bubblegum Popper, Eagle Eye Thief, Buckethead, Steal My Patience and Nerves of Steel!
    I don't know what the other ones I am missing though!

4. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    I've gotten everything, all items, all ferrets, 76/76, not a single hint used either... All I need to do is clean up the secret achievements!

5. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    One is in
    'Yer Treasure Map'
    and the other one in
    'The Lost Temple'
    . Bummer for me that you didn't get any one I didn't get. :(

6. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    This is a really cool game. I didn't know what to expect, except that the video previews looked interesting. It's fun tapping around the environment seeing what happens and trying to make sense of it all. Though that dang ferret is hard to spot sometimes...

My only complaint is I get annoyed when the screen auto centers. I'm not sure why it does that.

7. sneakymax

sneakymax Active Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Thanks for the nice feedback everybody! Regarding the camera, yes we debated a lot about that, and it was just to ensure the more casual players didnt get lost while dragging the screen around (minor thing we can check)

8. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Thanks! Figured out the first one, now have to figure out the other! If I find any others I will post!

9. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I have been playing this for about an hour and love it. Great design and gameplay with a healthy dose of humour thrown in for good measure. Just wondering how Icebreaker compares to this. I know it's a different style of game but if the same level of care has gone into the overall design of the game it might be worth getting.

10. Marco1

Marco1 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Please tell me than extra levels are being planned for the future?

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    both are great games imo, and like you say both have beautiful level designs and an unusual care for the art, closer to a point & click adventure than a puzzle game for me.
    i'm playing them, and can say that every level surprise me more and more :eek:

12. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Ditto! Icebreakers carries the same attention to detail and charm in creating a world and experience as this game does. Personally both of these games really did a great job of making me as a gamer feel drawn in and attached to the characters and the world, not just the gameplay! You can't go wrong with picking up Icebreakers honestly... I'm taking my hats off to Rovio for backing both of these games as they fit right in with their catalog where the characters are charming, the puzzles inventive and the presentation alluring!

13. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Okay, what the heck do I have to do for
    The Lost Temple stage
    secret achievement? This one is driving the completionist in me batty... I've tapped everything, fiddled with every screen I can think of and poked everywhere that I can imagine poking (no jokes, please)!

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just completed the game with all achievements.

SIMPLY BRILLIANT.

An outstanding game, took me about 8 hours for everything.
    8 wonderful, cute, clever and hilarious hours.

Great job really....I surely hope to play as Tiny Thief again more stories...

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

15. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I just got the game.Haven't played it yet but are these Game Center achievements or I can get them without Game Center meaning like in wheres my water series.They don't need Game Center.
    I don't use Game Center so can somebody clear this for me.
    Thanks!

16. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    It's in the first door you enter.

I've got all achievements too thanks to having a friend called Pitta. :p

The last two are in world 3 and 5 respectively.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Spent a bit more time into this today, and man, is this game friggin good. Very well worth the $3 asking price, even more.

18. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Can somebody please clear my question too!!!

19. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Gamecenter only...

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #140 Exact-Psience, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    It's a clever design, but the formula was already done before. The presentation though, is what makes it original.

This is basically a point and click adventure game cleverly crammed into one or 2 rooms arena-style.

Im really impressed with this one. Good puzzles, nice sights and sounds and brilliant humor.

In fact, it reminds me of Ghost Trick.