Universal Tiny Thief (by Rovio Stars)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    #101 Squeaker, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    I have 24 achievements, 6 of the achievements in this game are hidden ones, involving more exploration of the surroundings.

Add: The ending of the game wraps up the story pretty nicely, so I'm assuming any possible DLC would not arrive so fast, if there are any DLC in the works at all.

2. sneakymax

sneakymax Active Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Nobody has spotted it so far, but if you complete the whole game with all 3 stars in each level, there is a new icon on the main menu (top right)

3. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Eh, actually I already clicked on that icon last night and witnessed all that awesomeness. Didn't mention it cos I thought it was kinda spoilerish. But yeah, thanks for the great game and the extra 'reward'.

4. sneakymax

sneakymax Active Member

Mar 13, 2012
    yeah its a bit of a spoiler, but I just thought it was a shame if people completed the game and somehow missed those final laughs :D

5. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Yeah it was really cool, had me laughed out loud more than a few times. A lot of fun in this game comes from the searching. I still have two missing achievements (grrr) and am very close to doing a carpet combing to flush them out.

6. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Well never expected Rovio to launch a 2.99$ app.I only got a couple of bucks so I can't play it.I will wait for a sale or at least when I get some credits I will grab it.From people's impressions its clear that this game is AWESOME!!!!

7. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Darn it, not I've got to figure out what achievements I missed as they don't even list as "secret"! So what are these achievements?

8. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Um, I pay $2.99 for their apps all the time! iPad owner here, so $2.99 is normal for me to pay out... What is not normal but welcome is that this is universal which is normally a Rovio don't! I'd much rather welcome a universal version at $2.99 over buying two separate versions for my iPads and iPhone, not to mention my kids!

9. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I don't think anyone is arguing with the price. It is well worth it and is a small price to pay for the wonderful efforts poured into this game. Stunning art, tons of charm, reasonable and enjoyable puzzles with plenty of checkpoints. Pretty much perfect.

Rovio has hit 2 home runs with their Stars program. I am looking forward to whatever comes next from it.

10. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I don't own an iPad but I will gladly give them money because people's impression are telling me that but sometimes you have to bear the pain!!!

11. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Production values and artwork are amazing in this game. I'm hoping the game opens up a little bit more later on. Right now it feels like I'm just going through the motions. What do you guys think? Is there a game here or are you just pressing buttons in the order that the Devs designed?

12. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    A tad short, however worth every penny. The attention to detail in the animations has put this over the top for me. I love that its part physics part puzzler, however the story and characters is what really makes this game complete.

I've tried countless iOS games in every genre and when I'm not invested in the characters, gameplay becomes mechanical and I usually grow bored and delete it hoping for the best in the next title. Devs you should be very proud at creating Tiny Thief!

My only complaint would be a few touch points aren't registering correctly, one example is the birthday cake level with the boy in the window.

13. sneakymax

sneakymax Active Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Thanks Cilo and everybody else for taking the time to share your feelings about the game. Means a lot for all the 5 Ants team, and we are constantly checking on this forums, its great to see the game has been well received, makes us happy and proud :D

Ill check those minor things you mention for an update, thanks!

14. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    iPhone 5 latest version of iOS 6, touch registry for a few of the hidden items are slightly too small forcing you to smash around the point repeatedly until it kicks in.

15. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Seeing as you are not saying anything about how short this is, im guessing you don't plan on making any new levels? It's pretty short, don't yah think?

16. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I don't think the game is short at all (well, maybe compared to the Angry Birds games), but I would welcome more levels either as IAP or in a sequel.

17. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    The games not that short considering the price. I've payed more for games and finished them in the same amount of time or less, namely Little Inferno and more recently Gangstar Vegas, the former of which I paid $5 and finished it in 4 hours and the latter I finished in about 5 hours. This gave me a good 5 or 6 hours of gameplay and despite getting all the stars I still have some secret achievements to figure out and clean up. Personally, I think I got my money's worth, especially with as exceptional this game is presented and executed. This may be my game of the week over Deus Ex: The Fall...

Besides, you can't put a pricetag on enjoyment and I can say that most who purchase this will argue that it does not entertain and woo them with its oozing charm!

---------------------
    Now, does anyone have any insight as to what some of the secret achievements are? I have 21 of 26 and the only ones missing are the secret ones, some of which I got. PM if you want to avoid spoilers, and you can just suggest stages if you don't ant to outright say what the goals are!

18. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

You should be proud. This game reminds me of Beat Sneak Bandit meets Secret of Monkey Island.

Does the tiny thief have a name??

And this is far and beyond the best orignal IP game to come to the platform this year.

19. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Totally agree! They made me connect with a character which is a rare occurrence these days in video games!

20. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Secret Achievement:
    One of the secret achievements can be found in the ''Candy Store'' level. Good luck. :D