Universal Tiny Thief (by Rovio Stars)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 11, 2013.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    If I end up buying this soon I'll have one of my kids try it. But the hardware restrictions are non-existent with this game. People are running it on iPad1.

From The Listing:
    Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

2. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I really want this game and have faith in Rovio Stars since I've played IceBreaker and surprisingly loved it!!
    Too bad my broke unemployed arse can't afford it...

Anyway, hope this game does well as it looks like a fresh, welcome IP. Kudos!

3. ohyesuare

ohyesuare Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    plays perfectly on mine. this is a beautiful and very fun game. is Simogo involved with this? it looks like their style of games.

4. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Amazing game. Something like good old Gobliiins. Nothing to do with stealth and a lot of fun )

5. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
  6. jeja

jeja Active Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Just finished the game and it was so good I felt like I had to create an account here in order to rate it. Haven't had this much fun with a puzzle game in a very long time... or any kind of game really!

I really hope they will release more levels. (Took me about 6 hrs to complete, so I wouldn't really consider it too short... But then again games this good always feel too short.)

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Excellent thanks very much and thanks nightc1. I know the description implies it'll run ok but I've been burned too many times to trust descriptions on the store.... I'll be buying it in the morning

8. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I was so bummed when this was originally announced as ipad only. Thanks for bringing it to the iphone, because this is fantastic! This game made me giggle out loud too, which got some laughs from the people around me.
    Support premium games!

9. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Wow I'd been reading about and looking forward to this for over a year and totally forgot about it! Cool surprise :D

Played about 4 hours non-stop and that is very unusual for me these days! Utterly charming game.

I'm hoping there are levels where you can solve things in different ways. That's what I read about but haven't really encountered yet, but I love the variety in each "room". Top stuff!

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

If you do it the "wrong" way, do you have to restart? Or can you improvise, in a sense?

11. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Hey Broxsta, your thoughts? Worth the purchase?

12. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    Congrats, from a fellow countryman. I'm really glad for you, and hope it's a huge success that allows you to keep making games. :)
    Abrazos.

13. 1776-1865_RIP

1776-1865_RIP Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    I bought it to support it's development and it is pretty good so far but at $3 for 30 levels; lets just say I'm hoping for more content down the road.

14. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Well, I just completed it (gutted!) and really a lot of it comes down to timing puzzles. If you get it wrong you either get spotted, or nothing happens until you figure out timing or item you need to find first,, or it will reset a step automatically (checkpoints) so you can't really do it wrong, you have to do what the puzzle wants, but sometimes you can do certain things in different orders, and often you can easily miss the moment you could have claimed the 3rd star (sometimes you need to collect several objects to count for 1 star and they are damn well hidden).

It's definitely not the "situation spiralling out of control" that you need to overcome by changing plans on the fly, which I was expecting even though I don't really know what that would be like. Anyway it's not that. It's a room escape type point and click game really.

However don't let that put you off because its not like anything else to compare. Like I say I rarely sit and play a game this long, and I just couldn't put it down... So it must be good! My girlfriend loves it as well. They did a really fantastic job throughout. 5/5 easy

15. Bronxsta

I'd love to purchase and support a dev who releases a premium game with no IAP, but unfortunately I'm still tight on $$ and I'd rather save for upcoming games. Games looks interesting though, love the art style

And I'm still undecided on whether to save for Breach and Clear (another premium game I want to support) so I'd rather have $$ ready

Anyone ever play the flash game series Hapland? It reminds me of Tiny Thief, in that you click on the screen to interact with items, in the right order and timing to cause the correct reaction to succeed

16. sugimulm

Yup, Breah and Clear, can't wait! Need to look for Hapland, thanks!

17. Bronxsta

#97 Bronxsta, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    Here's a link that lists all three games
    http://jayisgames.com/tag/haplandseries

They're very much trial and error puzzle games. The art style is nowhere near as sophisticated as Tiny Thief, but it's the same idea: figuring out how objects work and interact with eachother, and finding the correct order and timing

18. sugimulm

Thanks Bronxsta! Will check them out!

19. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #99 Bool Zero, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that there are at least three more stories in the works to come in updates... When you complete this game the achievement count doesn't add up to the total amount (26), rather, if you do everything you will only end up with 20 achievements as it seems 6 are missing. I would assume that those are like the others in getting one star in all levels for a story and three stars in all levels for a story... Here's hoping as I am getting very close to three star finishing this one!

20. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    In my opinion this game is even better than Icebreaker. I like stealth thing better than the physics stuff. It's like a point and click in some way... I'm having lots of fun!