Universal Tiny Thief (by Rovio Stars)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Now that people have played more, can anyone say whether there's only one right way to beat a level or if we have more freedom to experiment and find multiple ways

2. JaysUsernam

JaysUsernam Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    With all the big console style titles coming out recently this seems like bad timing.

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    What a lovely game, I just spent an hour on it and I love it very much.
    The gameplay is very smooth and easy, levels are very polished, the story line is fun and light. I really enjoyed it and I think that the price is about right, I don't mind paying for good games.

And thanks to all of you for your concern about that Typhoon coming to Taiwan and Japan, we are safe here ^^ That will give me more time to play this game

4. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Just one way to beat a level but you can explore for collectibles and that damn ferret (where are you in lv 4-5???????). :p

5. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    So it's more like Where's my Series by Disney?

6. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    So it DOES work on an iPad 1 then?
    Great, because that's what I'm still stuck with, and I'd rather play the game on that than on my iPhone! :)

7. sneakymax

sneakymax Active Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Yes it works fine on iPad1!:)

8. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks for posting that. I think that is helping pushing me over the edge to get this game once I add some money to my itunes account. My only concern is the amount of content. Not that I need it to last forever, but 30 levels seems low unless the later levels get really long and complex. Still, I'm all for the gameplay... it looks solid.

Glad to hear you are safe. Where I live we get the occasional hurricane & tornadoes. Some years it's been more of one than the other... lately it seems to be tornadoes.

9. Yury Cat

Yury Cat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    CEO
    nice game)

10. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    AWESOME GAME. This and Icebreaker are the most polished iOS games that I can think of in recent history

11. ZebraHouse

ZebraHouse Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    South Tyrol/Italy
    #71 ZebraHouse, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I think so too! Like he said.

13. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    This is such a great puzzle/adventure game! The theme is light, funny and charming and the stages are well thought out and clever but never infuriating or overly abstract! I also have to admit that it has been a while since a game like this has puta smile on my face while playing and had me laugh while playing (more thing even Little Inferno failed to do for me despite it trying)!

My only fear now is that the game will be over soon and I won't have more stages to play or story to follow! Buy if you are on the fence... You will not be disappointed! My only concern is as to how well this would play out on a smaller screen as I am playing on iPad and this seems largely suited toward the screen size... I may have to play on my wife's phone to see if it seems harder to spot things such as the ferret on a smaller screen...

14. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Should I buy this game or Air Sipermacy's second pack just finished the first one.Right now only have credit for one.

15. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    There is a little wiggle room on some levels, but if you want 3 stars, then yes, there is only one way. You can however beat a stage and block yourself from getting 3 stars by executing a solution in a different position (there is a stage in the second story that comes to mind where if you take out a certain individual from one spot rather than another, it will block you from getting the ferret in that level but you can get everything else, for instance)!

16. Bowflexman

Bowflexman Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    Excellent game. Clever level design and a lot of charm.

17. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    If you're talking about that then yes there are quite a few of levels that will prevent you from three stars if you go the other route. But three stars is the only acceptable solution for me. :p Almost done with the game, four levels left. Really nice game. The last two levels in World 5 are EPIC.

18. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Oh I can totally agree.

I forgot to play it last night, but I just started a game, because I forgot about it this morning too =\

I don't want to spoil anything, but through each and every inch of this game exudes this overwhelming cuteness. The footsteps, the tutorial finger tapping sound, EVERYTHING. Just pay attention to your little guy, he does some awesome stuff.

Crap I just saw the comment about iCloud, I was just going to ask. Ugh. I don't know what to do! Do I play it on the less portable iPad and enjoy the larger screen? Do I play it on my phone and worry about battery life, but revel in taking it everywhere with me?

Oh what to do, what to do...

19. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Any word on how it plays on the touch 4th gen please anyone?

20. Squeaker

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Finished the game, with one last star to collect on lv 6-4. Awesome last level and ending. Though the game had an easy start, it got really interesting from mid game. World 5 & 6 are some of the best stuff I've played recently, with excellent level designs and several levels are epic. Bravo.